Server time (UTC): 2022-01-25 08:05

Airdrops?

Guest DeadPlaya

Airdrops or Heli Crashes  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest DeadPlaya

So this is more of a typical DayZ suggestion more than a DayZRP suggestion but how about instead of having heli crashes we could have C130's or something similar dropping different packages at random times? They could be medical, food, vehicle parts, weapons and ammo ,etc.

When modding capabilities this will probably be done , just like in ARMA 1/2/3.

Any opinions?

• Sapphire

Seeing how long it takes the DayZ team to release things, by the time any modding tools are available airdrops will not make sense in the lore. Heli crashes have always been in the game and although it's not really plausible for that many heli's to fall out of the sky in one country, it's really the only thing that we can have right now.

• MVP

how about plane crashes?

dayz-new-dynamic-event.jpg

• Emerald

That, as well as the fact that there is a giant "No Fly Zone" around Zagoria and everything sent around there is shot down.

In my opinion, it would make sense for the CDC, WHO, and non-profits like Doctors without borders to essentially say "f -it" seeing as how they haven't even made a dent in it and Zagoria is basically no mans land.

Guest DeadPlaya

Seeing how long it takes the DayZ team to release things, by the time any modding tools are available airdrops will not make sense in the lore.

It hez to be ouut biy the end of the yeer.

how about plane crashes?

dayz-new-dynamic-event.jpg

Hmmmmmmm

• Sapphire

Seeing how long it takes the DayZ team to release things, by the time any modding tools are available airdrops will not make sense in the lore.

Which means it will be a year (And a bit) into the apocalypse - So for people to still be dropping in supplies isn't realistic. Nice idea but I can't see it working.

Guest DeadPlaya

Which means it will be a year (And a bit) into the apocalypse - So for people to still be dropping in supplies isn't realistic. Nice idea but I can't see it working.

Hatch you disappoint me [video=youtube]

• Sapphire

Hatch you disappoint me [video=youtube]

8EMqgCZ.png

• Community Manager

How about a no option?

• Sapphire

How about a no option?

Plane will crash right on top of you! always! now! dieded! #RIP

How about a no option?

I'll second this

I just think that helicopter crashes are quite inconspicuous compared to an airdrop, and i t might be better that way because having an airdrop that can probably been seen nearly across the whole map would result in a giant death-match around it. Or something else closely resembling it.