Server time (UTC): 2022-01-20 14:08

Respawning loot

i serieusly love this server but 1 thing that bothers me is the lack of loot and food

i mean my character keeps dying of starvation because i can't find any anywhere

like there could atleast be something that every 6 server restarts there is a loot respawn or something

• Titanium

We cannot control the loot table at the moment.

• Emerald

Currently the way it is we can not mod the server files. Your best bets is to look at this thread about loot spawning: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-psa-loot-respawn-and-persistence-in-dayz-standalone-less-relevant-now

• MVP

Just look into every building you see, not only big houses. I found anough food :)

• Sapphire

I believe the only thing server owners can modify are things like spawn rates, persistence, that sort of thing. I've played on "high loot rate" servers recently, and sometimes it's ridiculous, like going into a fire station and seeing piles of stuff on the shelves.

However, they can't really modify the tables themselves, so as I understand it, upping the rate of food spawns would up the rate of everything across the entire server, which would not be a desirable outcome.

• MVP

I believe the only thing server owners can modify are things like spawn rates, persistence, that sort of thing. I've played on "high loot rate" servers recently, and sometimes it's ridiculous, like going into a fire station and seeing piles of stuff on the shelves.

However, they can't really modify the tables themselves, so as I understand it, upping the rate of food spawns would up the rate of everything across the entire server, which would not be a desirable outcome.

Serve owners cannot edit ANYTHING other than simply turning persistence on or off

• Sapphire

Serve owners cannot edit ANYTHING other than simply turning persistence on or off

Ouch, it's even worse than I thought, then.

I personally don't have a problem with loot. There is enough for everybody in the server in my opinion. Yes, you may not find an ak, but I am sure you will find a mosin, shotgun or Blaze 95. Also, if you encounter anyone on your travels, ask them for gear. If you have good relations I am sure they will be more then happy to oblige :)

• MVP

go inland more :)

or be like me and just sit on your butt and fish all day :D

• Sapphire

It's all about luck right now. I've had some pretty good. Meet some good people and they helped me out. Try and find some people. They are key to survival. Use them for what they got.

• Diamond

If you use F11, you can pick berries & apples significantly faster. It's a bug I'm assuming but a nice bug until things get fixed :P.

This is a reportable offense. To all new members do not do this. It's using a glitch to gain an advantage and breaks immersion with a suicide animation.

Not had much of an issue finding loot tbh - the nice thing about an RP server I suppose!

Is respawning loot and persistence the same thing?

If you use F11, you can pick berries & apples significantly faster. It's a bug I'm assuming but a nice bug until things get fixed :P.

This is a reportable offense. To all new members do not do this. It's using a glitch to gain an advantage and breaks immersion with a suicide animation.

Yeah...but there's literally no way to craft a spint, "drink all", apply morphine, do a blood test, skin an animal and I'm sure countless other things without f11-ing, so I'd say, yeah don't use it to spam, but use it when you're in the middle of nowheresville with broken legs.

A new character is, 9 times out of 10, NOT going to find anything of value in coastal cities and towns. Something as simple as a can of food or quality clothing could be as rare as an AK magazine on the coast.

Your best bet at that point is to fins a berry bush or an apple tree, pick as much fruit as possible and head inland where people are less likely to be.

• 1 month later...
  • Emerald

Please do not necro old threads.

When you made this thread, persistance was still on.

Now, persistence is off, and the whole loot spawning system is different.

/closing this