Server time (UTC): 2022-01-23 15:05

How to play a suicidal/depressive character without breaking NVFL?

Not everyone can be happy go lucky in such dark times in chenarus. Some have seen their own family ripped apart by the dead.

Some have actually had to kill their own..

So I was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions on how to do this successfully without getting reported.

Simply because providing fantastic RP still wont be enough for some people.

Guest Vittoria

Well, if your playing a suicidal or depressed character, the only way you could really break NVFL is by commiting suicide, or just throwing your life away for no good RP reason or explanation. (Ex: Running into a zombie and letting it eat you, not complying to like 10 people robbing you)

Im assured though that if you role play any suicidal attempt-like situations, or suicide itself, very well and realistically, then you should be in clear.

Though, im just talking from personal experience.

Well, if your playing a suicidal or depressed character, the only way you could really break NVFL is by commiting suicide, or just throwing your life away for no good RP reason or explanation. (Ex: Running into a zombie and letting it eat you, not complying to like 10 people robbing you)

Im assured though that if you role play any suicidal attempt-like situations, or suicide itself, very well and realistically, then you should be in clear.

Though, im just talking from personal experience.

When suicide first came out, one of my friends found me in the animation. I seen him and backed up and basically told him that he is going down with me if he tries to stop me. Everyone came rushing and I had 5 guys telling me not to do it. after about half an hour of emotional counseling, I decided against it. It went against my character's RP and emotions but If i would have killed one or more of the guys, I feel I would have got banned for NVFL. It was the best RP experience I have had and went from me getting everyone to but their hands up to them raising their guns at me and back and fourth. It was really intense and I feel it could have added to their characters, seeing them lose one or more of their friends or seeing one shoot another then having to kill him on their own.

Well, I've had two characters and both have had their own reasons for what they've done.

Detective Mikhail Nier, after searching since his creation for his missing love interest whom he believed to have been evacuated somewhere, get's to Green Mountain after following the leads of three different groups of individuals (just that session) in hopes that the radio tower there might shed more light on the location of evacuated citizens. He gets there with a Russian man and reporter, only to be told by the men at the base that they didn't believe there was evacuations, and everyone (especially his love interest), must be dead. Needless to say after a mildly winded speech the portrayed his increasing unstable emotions over the news he put a gun to his own head and the men had talked him out of it.

Only to later have the Russian man he traveled there with commit suicide, which again almost sent Mikhail over the edge as he again put a gun to his own head and needed more talking out of it.

Then there's Jade, being an extremely unstable and mentally broken individual, whom after finding a group hid in a shed while they talked among themselves and proceeded to pull the trigger of an empty pistol that was against her temple over and over again while talking to her stuffed teddy bear. Until the group noticed and came to talk her down from it.

I'm fairly certain that none of these instances for my characters portrayed a NVFL, or rule break, since they had either relatively understandable reasons for the actions or in Jade's case, didn't have the physical means to follow through. (The empty pistol.)

Guest Vittoria

snip

snip

You probably would have gotten reported.

But, I would say your best bet would to not be to shoot them if your going for just dying by suicide anyways. Sure it may add to make a better story for the other people there, but it would just hinder the RP of the ones you killed.

snip

snip

You probably would have gotten reported.

But, I would say your best bet would to not be to shoot them if your going for just dying by suicide anyways. Sure it may add to make a better story for the other people there, but it would just hinder the RP of the ones you killed.

Well Thats what I was afraid of. However, It's kinda like suicide by cop. If someone is a section 8 and they are suicidal, isn't it mostly valid? Not saying what they morally do is right or wrong, but psychologically isn't it understandable?

Guest Vittoria

Well Thats what I was afraid of. However, It's kinda like suicide by cop. If someone is a section 8 and they are suicidal, isn't it mostly valid? Not saying what they morally do is right or wrong, but psychologically isn't it understandable?

The thing is, maybe if you could do it without any deaths is the key here. (Except for maybe your own) Because it will just completely hinder the RP of the ones you killed, there's other ways to make them shoot you then just shooting and killing there guys. But I can't really tell you, my best solution for you is just to avoid the "death by cop" situation.

Go down some other way.