Server time (UTC): 2022-01-20 14:22

Started to show syntomes of Canabalism with out the consumtion of human fleash.

After venturing up in to the northern woodlands and getting lost for quite a while I managed to somehow stay alive after had the cold status-effect for almost a hour non stop and on the brink of hydration and starvation I managed to find a small town where I made a fire and ate what ever canned foods and drink I could find my character started to show signs that normally only occurs when you have consumed human flesh. to be more precise the audio cues aka the loud crying.

I have not consumed anything other then fruit and canned foods for the entire lifespan of the current life span of this character. So I assume I managed trigger the audio cues some other way. Or is this due to some know bug?

• Sapphire

There are hundreds of bugs in DayZ but this one is all new territory for me. What did you eat exactly? Can you remember?

This is a serious bug especially if it doesn't fit in a character's back-story or well they haven't done it. But as recent reports have shown everyone seems to know whether everyone is a cannibal or not just by glancing at them.

Regardless this might be a bug from developmental aspects or you could have eaten something that may have been raw? That is the only way I could see it happening.

• Emerald

I found this on reddit.

It would seem that there is an occasional bug when someone eats your body you'll re-spawn with cannibal traits.

This might explain what is happening to you currently.

There are hundreds of bugs in DayZ but this one is all new territory for me. What did you eat exactly? Can you remember?

This is a serious bug especially if it doesn't fit in a character's back-story or well they haven't done it. But as recent reports have shown everyone seems to know whether everyone is a cannibal or not just by glancing at them.

Regardless this might be a bug from developmental aspects or you could have eaten something that may have been raw? That is the only way I could see it happening.

I ate beans and sardines, And drank water from a bottle I found in one of those blue hospital buildings.

That Reddit link makes sense. but I doubt someone ate my body since the only death I had this weekend been due to bugs that have occurred when I been alone.

• Sapphire

I ate beans and sardines, And drank water from a bottle I found in one of those blue hospital buildings.

That Reddit link makes sense. but I doubt someone ate my body since the only death I had this weekend been due to bugs that have occurred when I been alone.

But perhaps a cannibal had stumbled upon your body. It could happen. The number one thing I've learned is if you think you are alone, you probably arn't. There could be someone watching, following, stalking you like an animal, waiting to capitalize on a mistake that you make.

Regardless, the Reddit link makes much more sense. But I don't see an immediate solution in sight. Just be prepared for metagaming or accusations of being a cannibal. Or perhaps you could play it off as though your character is going through withdrawals of antidepressants and go with it.

• Titanium

Its just a bug and should be fixed with few upcoming patches.

/solving

• Sapphire

I've heard rumours that there's a very small chance that your character can spawn in with Kuru. May be just a rumour though.