Server time (UTC): 2022-08-10 16:29

New DayZ Standalones Maps?

Guest Anthony Oblesko

I can imagine that there will be an influx of map ports when standalone has fully released and is moddable. You will likely see a lot of the current maps ported over to the stansalone engine, similar to ARMA 3.

I think Bohemia more than anyone right now understand the importance of modding and community created content for their game to succeed. They're simply waiting until the base game is at a stable and complete enough level to handle modding etc.

• Titanium

/moved to General Discussion

Once people are allowed to mod the game, I can see new maps being implemented.

I'd like snowy maps. But, Chernarus is good enough until they have the game running pretty much perfectly.

Oh dear god, that was the most untrue thing I have heard all week. Right now, they need to get the game optimized. I am on a high end PC and I am getting around 25 fps if I am lucky. Cities are horrible for frames as well

• MVP

I think they will expand on Chernarus until they push it to the limits of what is reasonable. I think new maps will come from the modding community. Like most have said at the moment I just pray for a more stable/optimised/less glitchy DayZ Chernarus.

• Sapphire

There will be, but it will be through the community that it happens once it mod friendly.

You just know people at Armaholic will be itching to make them.

• Sapphire

I believe when it becomes modifiable it will happen but I am deeply enjoying the expansion on Chernarus+. Today I found towns, places, buildings I didn't even know existed.

We have plenty for now :D I'm more focused on increased amounts of supplies, gear and weapons. That'd be awesome also if there was a bit more in-depth to cooking. Like making a pie or something. Getting all the ingredients and such would be in the end, worth it, at least hopefully.

• MVP

They have talked before about making DLC maps once the game is complete which could be cool

Nope nope nope, I don't see them bringing anything out, the only way I think it will come is when people get there hands on modding and then we may have one or two more.

But I dout the dayz team will focus on a new map

Actually one of the devs talked latelty something about creatin a new map in future on this topic in dayzforums. Tho i don't think they will do that before releasing final game, cause there is still a lot of things to do. Some DLCs with new maps after release would be cool to keep game alive.

• Emerald

They'll probably extend the current map. Hence, why would they create new cities on the current map?

I thought they were actualyl adding seasons to the life cycle. Like it would start snowing and stuff. That will bring up more dimensions as welll. Looking forward to it.

Guest MaxVonTroubador

I don't think they will but they do need to work on some major expansions at some point. At the moment the map is missing some stuff I think will really improve it such as:

A mountain or small range- Not like Green Hill or the rocky outcrop overlooking Elektro but a big old white top.

A major river system- something that needs a bridge/ ford/ boat to cross.

Sea cliffs-because they are pretty :)