Server time (UTC): 2022-01-17 22:25

server crashing 24/7

Jackfish

• MVP

So in the past 15 minutes the server crashed 4 times.

What is happening?

• MVP

Why make a thread? Anyways, its just alpha being alpha.

I made a thread because it has to do something with this server. Other servers dont crash so much. Just curious mate :)

repost it thanks

• Emerald

It's mainly due to the high amounts of traffic and spam the server gets with people trying to join. Also the game is in alpha - so it isn't going to be the most stable of platforms for a server.

Like Owen said, post in this thread with server feedback if it's crashing a lot.

• Legend

its alpha there's little anyone can do about it.

• Sapphire

I made a thread because it has to do something with this server. Other servers dont crash so much. Just curious mate :)

repost it thanks

Mainly because other servers don't have as high traffic as DayzRP servers, we sustain a lot more traffic than normal PvP servers just because of the amount of people attempting to log in while the server is full, the amount of people that are on the server and the fact that the game is alpha are all factors that coop in the results of the servers crashing, sometimes it happens a lot and sometimes it's really stable. There's nothing the mods nor the community can do about it.

And for all people that have been char reset, don't join the server just after the restart because that is what gets your char reset. If you want to rejoin after restart or crash, wait around 1 minute and you'll be perfectly safe.

Yeah the server is full 24/7 now... it does crash but as much as today. Something is definitely up. Starting to think there's a new way to force crash the server (By a random player trolling us). Not sure but someone is maybe doing something to make this happen... It's never this bad. Every 5 minutes crash...

• Emerald

People have been doing the spam thing for weeks now. I see no reason why it would suddenly have the jarring effect on the server that'd have it crash every five minutes, like it is right now.

Don't get me wrong, the spamming must definitely lead to server instability; but there's nothing going on right now that hasn't gone on up until this point.

Guest Valdark

People have been doing the spam thing for weeks now. I see no reason why it would suddenly have the jarring effect on the server that'd have it crash every five minutes, like it is right now.

Don't get me wrong, the spamming must definitely lead to server instability; but there's nothing going on right now that hasn't gone on up until this point.

Increase in members.

• Sapphire

yes, it got my character deleted. noice! full gear gone... not even through a good firefight.... so disappointed!

• MVP

Main causes of crashes are;

general alpha bugs

mass connections break server (spam trying to join)

mass loot piles when interacted with lag the server calculations

V3S when damaged creates massive instability

Sadly for us we have multiple of these combining together which results in lots and lots of crashes

general alpha bugs

Sadly for us we have multiple of these combining together which results in lots and lots of crashes

How much of this would you say is because of the spamming?

• MVP

general alpha bugs

hmmm, it's VERY difficult to say but maybe 10-15%?

• Sapphire

general alpha bugs

hmmm, it's VERY difficult to say but maybe 10-15%?

that is mainly because the 2 servers are most of the time full.

Guest indetrucks

yeah, that was a trip. I was playing today and it restarted at least 4 times. Two of the times I was in a military base and there was loot stock piled on top of each other. Then it reset again and the loot was back to normal.

Crazy

yes, it got my character deleted. noice! full gear gone... not even through a good firefight.... so disappointed!

Same happened to me, it's so frustrating...I even waited for 15 minutes after the crash before trying to join the server, which should be safer than just joining right away. Well whatever, we just got "DayZed" #DealWithIt