Server time (UTC): 2020-01-24, 00:36 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Phatal

How to React to Text RP

Guest Vittoria

I mean honestly, its in the same place as every other notification that you get, so its not like it should be hard to notice.

Im used to what appeared in ArmA 2 back on DayZRP mod, which stood out A LOT more, maybe it is just me.

I think a change of color would really help text RP to stand out better, However when I see someone using text RP I simply respond to them like I would anyone else. I have missed a few lines due to too much going on but no one should avoid it. Some of the best RPers text and if you ignore it you are missing out on some really good RP.

Or if for some reason the woman living with you forces you to play with the speakers on your tv/monitor so that she doesn't hear weird one sided conversations for hours at a time all the while using the mic from your headset, only to accidentally turn it off when scratching your neck and wondering why your mic isn't working ^.^'

So far I've only ran in to one female and have never run into anyone without a mic, so I actually found all this kinda helpful

Thanks! Glad it helped! I hope you'll be able to experience more text rpers.

As a shy female that uses text rp

I switched from voice to text because of annoying comments that I was getting. "What's wrong with your voice? Are you actually a girl? /OOC Are you a young kid or a chick?" Without deliberately changing my speech patterns (aka trying to make myself sound like a stereotypical girl) I do sound like a young boy at times.

So far I haven't had any negative reactions when it comes to text rp, no verbalized meta gaming (I've actually noticed less people do the annoying run up to you and check your pulse if you text rp) or ASL/mute comments.

However it is slower which sucks, but it opens up a lot more opportunities. It is also great for when you are at Green Mountain with 15+ other people yelling over Voice chat.

Text RP is a valid form of communication, anyone else who doesn't acknowledge Text RP is a fool (really sign language..?) I hope they add the ability to run and type though, otherwise while you plan on heading places it does get quiet, this goes for VOIP as well.

I don't mind Rping with text Rpers as long as they are good rpers :).

The only immersion breaking may be when your running and it is either silence/ stop and run.

Well I learned from this thread that if somebody uses the chat, I should pretend the name is not there and as if they are using voice chat.. :)

But what if you go up to the player and check there pulse,, Is that also to be ignored???

I do think you should try use your voice and try sound like a female.. See how it goes :)

fyi I have not played on the server yet so im trying to find some awkward rp fails that i should know about before joining... Thanks for this interesting thread ;)

Well I learned from this thread that if somebody uses the chat, I should pretend the name is not there and as if they are using voice chat.. :)

But what if you go up to the player and check there pulse,, Is that also to be ignored???

I do think you should try use your voice and try sound like a female.. See how it goes :)

fyi I have not played on the server yet so im trying to find some awkward rp fails that i should know about before joining... Thanks for this interesting thread ;)

Well, the only issue with that for quite a few other females is we would be considered trolling if we don't sound like a female or like someone's version of a female. Also you aren't supposed to check someone's pulse for their name that's technically meta gaming.

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone.

Well, the only issue with that for quite a few other females is we would be considered trolling if we don't sound like a female or like someone's version of a female. Also you aren't supposed to check someone's pulse for their name that's technically meta gaming.

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone.

Oh really I saw someone on the server who was streaming checking peoples pulses for there name to check if they were telling the truth about who they were :o