Server time (UTC): 2022-01-17 22:14

Standalone Logs and Hardcore Mod ! Finally !

At least it's official ok guys?

"Over the next few months we'll be rolling out some expanded server options to extend support for administrators, and introduce more customization options for private shards.

- Admin Logs, covering: Connections/Disconnections, Chat, Player Deaths (Env & PvP)

- Hardcore Mode: Initially we'll only support this on Private Shards, while we see how the mechanics impact gameplay - However the intent is to offer server operators the choice to restrict how long since a players last death they can respawn. Eg: A hardcore server could conceptually restrict players from respawning until 12 hours after their last death. We'll gauge how much impact this has on the design, and decide if it stays restricted to private shards, or we open this up to all public (consumer rented) hive servers."

Here is the proof : http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-week-of-05-jan-15

I feel everyone excitement because we getting some logs soon !

Firewood_new.png

Logs, finally! :troll:

• Emerald

Firewood_new.png

This will be awesome though. Can't wait.

• MVP

a-chance.gif

Fingers crossed it is sooner rather than later. It is nice to see it's now become official.

Eg: A hardcore server could conceptually restrict players from respawning until 12 hours after their last death.

Well now, waiting 12 hours before we can respawn is a bit severe no? I like this feature but 12 hours? Maybe 30 minutes...

We are also making a prototype for non intrusive group identification so that you can easily identify your companions.

That can be interesting :)

• Emerald

i like the 12 hour respawn timer, that makes people focus more on roleplay and value of life over firefights and violence. they need to fix the char resets tho before this, I can see so many problems arising from bugs.

i like the 12 hour respawn timer, that makes people focus more on roleplay and value of life over firefights and violence. they need to fix the char resets tho before this, I can see so many problems arising from bugs.

Totally agree there. It will create value for life. But 12 hours is extreme. If we die from a bug or just a simple zombie, waiting 12 hours to get back on RP is too much in my opinion. I'm afraid it might drive people to go play something else or even go play dayz in another server, and who knows maybe even lose members cause if such a feature.

All I am saying is 12 hours will suck big time. 1 to 2 hours maybe better, I still would not enjoy having to wait 2 hours to get in at all, but I might still be able to play the same day though. Having to wait 1 or 2 hours will make me not wanna die (even if I value my IG life, been alive since 0.50).

People would say "Don't die man, you won't be able to play for another 2 hours". Nobody is gonna wanna wait 2 hours either and it's less extreme.

It is a bad idea because you can still die from the prison rooftop glitch, the stairwell glitch, the ladder glitch, the [fill in any of the numerous DayZ alpha glitches here] glitch...

Fix the software so these things don't happen first.

And yes my last death was caused by a ........ GLITCH! Why should I be put in the box for thirty minutes to feel shame as well? It will only make me dislike the game's issues that much more.

• MVP

I like the idea of some timer but it best be customizable not just 12 hours :D

Logs sound promising though, PVE + PVP logs are good.

• MVP

The 12 hours is very extreme, as long as it is customisable to lets say 30-60 mins then I'm all for it. If you die to a glitch (which you would need proof of) contact an admin and hopefully they can circumvent the time limit and stick you straight back in. Hardcore needs to be 1st person only.

At least it's official ok guys?

"Over the next few months we'll be rolling out some expanded server options to extend support for administrators, and introduce more customization options for private shards.

- Admin Logs, covering: Connections/Disconnections, Chat, Player Deaths (Env & PvP)

- Hardcore Mode: Initially we'll only support this on Private Shards, while we see how the mechanics impact gameplay - However the intent is to offer server operators the choice to restrict how long since a players last death they can respawn. Eg: A hardcore server could conceptually restrict players from respawning until 12 hours after their last death. We'll gauge how much impact this has on the design, and decide if it stays restricted to private shards, or we open this up to all public (consumer rented) hive servers."

Here is the proof : http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-week-of-05-jan-15

I feel everyone excitement because we getting some logs soon !

Firewood_new.png

Read this last night I am so happy to see it, this will give the edge and deter a lot of people from rule breaking. Only been on the server for the past 3 days and I have never had such a great time playing this game with 540hrs of play time I have had before.

• Emerald

Excited about the logs, not so much about the hardcore mode though.

With the release of the server mods it should hopefully put an end to a lot of this KOS'ing and hacking business we have been seeing lately. It will also interesting to knowork if staff will be able to retroactively punishave players for misdemeanours commitem in the past.

• Sapphire

I am really looking forward to the arrival of the logs. To see it confirmed is the first step, I guess, but we all know our DayZ devs and it might take a while until these actually hit stable.

I can't really see how releases logs is that hard. I mean we already got chat logs from what I've heard.

But yeah, really looking forward to the end of KoS.

However the Hardcore mode is debatable. I mean it makes proper sence to have something like this to keep immersion going but we already have rules for that.

So they say over the next few months, but people expected the admin logs for January.

What the devs really mean is do not expect anything before end of february.

• Legend

Excited about the logs, not so much about the hardcore mode though.

With the release of the server mods it should hopefully put an end to a lot of this KOS'ing and hacking business we have been seeing lately. It will also interesting to knowork if staff will be able to retroactively punishave players for misdemeanours commitem in the past.

Assuming we got retroactive logs which we won't it might be possible it would also be a staggering task.

Dying from bugs - 12 hours block of Playing. Wonderfull. Please not.

Yeha for the logs but no hardcore... just enable first-person only. These "little"metagaming you have from peeking over walls and corners is so fucking stupid. Saw people even play it out like "uh...theres someone behind that wall" - "how do you see that" "uhmmmmmm....im tall...uhm..."

Yeha for the logs but no hardcore... just enable first-person only. These "little"metagaming you have from peeking over walls and corners is so fucking stupid. Saw people even play it out like "uh...theres someone behind that wall" - "how do you see that" "uhmmmmmm....im tall...uhm..."

+1 .. First-Person only!

• Emerald

+1 .. First-Person only!

hear! hear!

• MVP

Next few months D: I thought it would be by January :(

still on schedule for January i believe

the next few months relates to all the coming changes to what server owners have access to