Server time (UTC): 2022-01-23 14:46

Co-operation timetable

I have been watching dayzRP youtube videos and notice a slight problem. What if you are held hostage by the most boring bandit ever, how long are you required to play along before you can log off/respawn/stop co-operating? Without being flagged as combat logger etc.

30 minutes of picking berries at gunpoint. Being locked in a house for hours. Or being asked the same question by an interrogator over and over again while he expects to get different results. Where does the line go? Rule wise and morally.

At what point you can break character and go "- Offgame, Let's wrap this up I gotta go to bed" and is the bandit titled to wrap it up by shooting the hostage?

If you really have to log off I would let them know by either going OOC or finding them on TS. Sometimes its out of your control. Never log out without letting them know first however.

Secondly I don't think anyone should make their victim pick berries for 30 minutes, that's a little ridiculous. Also they wont leave you locked in a house for hours, if they do and your stranded I would report them.

If it was getting to the point where I was really bored and its been awhile I would let them know OOC because in the end the game should be fun for everyone. (All of this is my personal thoughts).

None of your examples should happen though, most robberies are either too quick or the right amount of time to provide good RP.

You may log off 15 minutes after losing sight of the other person.

Why would someone rob you for 30 minutes? If he makes you do stupid stuff, that would be considered bad RP and is reportable.

Other than that, why not try to make the robbery interesting yourself? Its a two sided situation, try something interesting, rp-wise.

The bandit may never kill someone to "wrap it up". He may only shoot you if you are not complying.

Have you been in a particular situation like described by you above?

• MVP

I have been watching dayzRP youtube videos and notice a slight problem. What if you are held hostage by the most boring bandit ever, how long are you required to play along before you can log off/respawn/stop co-operating? Without being flagged as combat logger etc.

30 minutes of picking berries at gunpoint. Being locked in a house for hours. Or being asked the same question by an interrogator over and over again while he expects to get different results. Where does the line go? Rule wise and morally.

At what point you can break character and go "- Offgame, Let's wrap this up I gotta go to bed" and is the bandit titled to wrap it up by shooting the hostage?

If you have to do something like that, say it through text chat to let them know OOCly you have things to do. Don't abuse it though... also if that happens again, perhaps using text chat or the like tell your robber that the RP he is giving you isn't fun nor enjoyable. Give him tips for future robberies on how to RP it better.

Moving to questions.

Rp has to go both ways and be entertaining for both parties involved.

You cannot just decide this is boring I'm leaving, if you have things you need to go do then yes. But do not break role play unnecessarily and keep the rules in mind.

• Sapphire

Basically the best (and only) way is to suffer through it. Even when it is boring for you, you should provide RP and the robber should also provide RP to you also.

If you really need to go, you can ask //OOC if you have a permission to leave. But that is only when you really need to go.

You can't say "//OOC: I need to go soon, can I leave" and after him giving you the permission to leave, go and hunt that guy down because you were given the permission to leave from the situation. You are not allowed to use it as your advance.

Do you feel like your question has been answered?

Got it. Suffer through it if possible. And it's not that big of a deal really, if it becomes a daily deal and you start to hate it you can always stop playing or play something else. People can be unimaginative dicks and that is a fact, no way to stop that.

• Sapphire

Good to hear that you got your question answered.

Let us know if you have anything else regarding this ;)

/solving