Server time (UTC): 2022-01-23 16:26

New Shoutbox kind of thing?

Roland

• Server Manager

Hi,

First now I noticed that our Steam Group has a group chat. This could be used to provide live chat support, answer questions and random chatter about DayZRP, much like the old Shoutbox.

I've added a link to Community menu above which if you have Steam installed and running should open and join the chat for you instantly. I will be there tonight for most of the day to see how popular it is, answering questions and chatting. Let's give this a try :)

• MVP

I kinda missed the chatbox. This could probably do.

• MVP

#Cut4Shoutbox

I think it deserves another try to reinstate the gooood old shoutbox.

With mod-options though, so we can shifty punish people when not behaving or metagaming.

• Server Manager

The button on the community tab doesn't seem to work for me :(

Steam installed and running? Does your browser allow you to launch external applications?

• Sapphire

Steam installed and running? Does your browser allow you to launch external applications?

Yup, yup and yup. It even came up with the permissions popup thingo and I said launch app. I'm using Chrome.

Yup, yup and yup. It even came up with the permissions popup thingo and I said launch app. I'm using Chrome.

Actually disregard everything I said. I already had a Steam chat open and it ninja opened a new tab without me even noticing :P

Has anyone seen the Shoutbox in the Arma 3 Life RP Community forums? I'm too new to DayZRP to know what the "old shoutbox" looked like or how it worked, but if it's anything at all like the one in Arma 3 Life then I think it would be an awesome addition to DayZRP.