Server time (UTC): 2021-10-26 11:29

M8 (Poll)

-KG-

Do you want this beauty to be in the crash loot table?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ive been playing a little wasteland lately, and ive always wanted the M8 in dayzrp...but it was decided it was too rare in real life to be added to the loot cycle, but honestly it is such a sweet gun! especially the M8 Sharpshooter, a red dot acog with zeroing, SO SEXY!

cant we just have it a rare heli crash loot? its just like the G36 series :)

400px-XM8sharp.jpg

Shoots Stanag mags :)

Ive been playing a little wasteland lately, and ive always wanted the M8 in dayzrp...but it was decided it was too rare in real life to be added to the loot cycle, but honestly it is such a sweet gun! especially the M8 Sharpshooter, a red dot acog with zeroing, SO SEXY!

cant we just have it a rare heli crash loot? its just like the G36 series :)

400px-XM8sharp.jpg

Shoots Stanag mags :)

I fully support this, one of my favourite weapons in the game.

Ask Rolle.

I mean rare prototype or not, the world is coming to an end it makes sense to bring all the firepower you got :D if i was a soldier shipping out to try and save the world id throw my m4 in the ocean and take this beauty for my final mission! :D

Great another rare NATO weapon that will become so common because of poorly scripted chopper crash loot-tables!

What are you saying..

Watch out, Murray, maybe Jamie will implement a script that makes your characters wear silly hats!

And I'm not too sure about the M8 (XM8), since i fail to see it having a real purpose in chernarus. Maybe the discussion should be how/if the weapon would reach Chernarus in the first place? :)

Great another rare NATO weapon that will become so common because of poorly scripted chopper crash loot-tables!

What are you saying..

Watch out, Murray, maybe Jamie will imolement a script that makes your characters wear a silly hat!

And I'm not too sure about the M8 (XM8), since i fail to see it having a real purpose in chernarus. Maybe the discussion should be how/if the weapon would reach Chernarus in the first place? :)

This is why it was removed from the loot tables a few versions ago :P

What are you saying..

Watch out, Murray, maybe Jamie will imolement a script that makes your characters wear a silly hat!

This is why it was removed from the loot tables a few versions ago :P

We could have a massive event with a PMC deploying soldiers into key areas to eliminate everything.

What are you saying..

Just saying that I think crash sites are bugged!

If would be nice to know how..

• Emerald

What are you saying..

Found four primaries and a sidearm at a burning heli. I was expecting successful arming to be a lot more difficult.

MGs and snipers everywhere.

• MVP

We removed the XM8's from the loot table as it would never make any sense (whatsoever) to find one in Chernarussia.

Here is some reasons why:

1. XM8's were limited production

2. They were cancelled years ago

3. All of the functioning prototypes are only in America (Only 230 ever made)

4. You would never see one outside of the US

5. They were never used in Combat

6. They were only prototypes.

7. They were replaced with the SCAR

There is no reason there would ever be an XM8 in Chernarussia.

We removed the XM8's from the loot table as it would never make any sense (whatsoever) to find one in Chernarussia.

Here is some reasons why:

1. XM8's were limited production

2. They were cancelled years ago

3. All of the functioning prototypes are only in America (Only 230 ever made)

4. You would never see one outside of the US

5. They were never used in Combat

6. They were only prototypes.

7. They were replaced with the SCAR

There is no reason there would ever be an XM8 in Chernarussia.

That's why ^ :D

What are you saying..

Figured it didn't need reporting. Surely before the wipe we was promised that Soviet weaponary would be the de factor weapon of choice and whilst this is true (going to any barracks usually wields atleast six soviet weapons, but again, six weapons in a barrcks spawn is too high), nearly every man and his dog has a NATO weapon with regular ease.

I feel that finding high tec weapons in this mod is easier than when it was in vanilla DayZ. Which is something I was hoping not to happen, but I guess I was mistaken.

Point is, you need to either up the trash loot on chopper crashes GREATLY or otherwise every crash site is going to wield a minimum of 4 NATO weapons, regardless of whether the spawn chance is 0.5%.

but...but... :(

tbh it doesnt make sense to find Lee Enfields in 1 out of 3 buildings either, how come 66% of chernarus owns a brittish WWII weapon?

Well the Lee Enfield is one of the most popular hunting rifles in the world.

• MVP

well i guess people have already decided not to have it in the game...it would have been nice to have a forum wide vote though.

Make it a poll if you wish, but I don't see why we would add it to the game. It fires pretty much the same as an M4, and does the same damage.

well i guess people have already decided not to have it in the game...it would have been nice to have a forum wide vote though.

Make it a poll if you wish, but I don't see why we would add it to the game. It fires pretty much the same as an M4, and does the same damage.

Simply because its so sexy and would make it even more enjoyable to play the game :)

Poll created.

I'd rather see an ACR or some of the other M4 replacement candidates than this.