Server time (UTC): 2022-01-22 04:02

How to end a feud?

Mary

• Emerald

My character (it’s pretty obvious who she is) is being hunted down by a group that’s made it pretty clear through leaving various notes that they want to kill her over bogus accusations. Because of that she has been forced to step away from her current activities and improvise to find a solution- that I don’t mind (I’ve been enjoying that part), however my question is:

Is there any possible outcome of this situation in which Mary comes out of it alive? I mean for arguments sake:

1) they kill her and I decide to continue playing her character (although it’d be a bit tough)- can they just keep on killing her every time she sets up another sanctuary because of the same accusation?

or

2) someone takes pity on this naïve woman and helps her by attacking and getting rid of her pursuers- would that be an end to it or do they just keep on coming after her?

Sadly I don’t think diplomacy is an option.

I’ve reread the rules and found numerous threads on the forum about the topic, but I didn’t manage to find an answer there- I hadn’t had any hostile interactions with the players that are after me- just notes and a transmission on the Radio Chatter.

While I’m at it is it within the rules to use someone’s character name in a transmission? I’m thinking of setting one up and don’t want a screw up there. (I found out the names of a few of them ingame through RP)

Guest Vittoria

This is when stuff like this gets confusing in RP, since you always just respawn...

From reading this, you said the only reason they are after you is because of your Radio Chatter and Notes, so with that being said, the only reason they can kill you is if you get initiated on, and get shot for non-compliance, they cant actually execute you without any real evidence or solid accusations. /note

Now, I can only answer question No.1 with confidence, so hear it is...

If they do kill with good reason, then I do not see why they would keep on killing you afterwards, no point in it... Also, if they did keep doing it I would actually say it seems like its BadRP/Powergaming.

• Emerald

Thanks for the quick reply.

Just to clarify:

The reason ther're after me is because someone had started rumors about me. The radio transmission I was reffering to is theirs (as are the notes)- that's how they are telling me they're gonna kill me if they find me. I haven't responded with my transmission yet.

• MVP

I'd suggest talking with them, if you feel it will ruin your RP. Also you are the one who has the choice to permadeath your character. If your focused on setting up a sanctuary, perhaps hire bodyguards and other such to defend your sanctuary. And like Vittoria suggested, they have to initiate on you & if they keep doing it, it sounds like trolling or some ooc grudge.

• Emerald

Thanks for the quick reply.

Just to clarify:

The reason ther're after me is because someone had started rumors about me. The radio transmission I was reffering to is theirs (as are the notes)- that's how they are telling me they're gonna kill me if they find me. I haven't responded with my transmission yet.

I'm being hunted aswell for "rumors" against a group. The group had association with you even though as far as I'm aware you did nothing wrong. The group is hunting me. Just yesterday someone held me up saying they were hired by the group to execute me. Anyways, I'm trying to get rid of them now as well as another group. I'm starting a little war here, a war I probably won't win. If you think we're talking about the same people, PM me.

Dear Sister Mary,

Is there any possible outcome of this situation in which Mary comes out of it alive? I mean for arguments sake:

1) they kill her and I decide to continue playing her character (although it’d be a bit tough)- can they just keep on killing her every time she sets up another sanctuary because of the same accusation?

Dear Sister Mary,

It can be a bit rough and tough to continue with a character that people tend to kill everytime, but i believe this is aloud and there is nothing that you can do someting against it. It is up you if you decide to play as sister Mary. It is also a personal choice if you continue a character that is either declined by the community or accepted.

2) someone takes pity on this naïve woman and helps her by attacking and getting rid of her pursuers- would that be an end to it or do they just keep on coming after her?

It depends how long the group would like to continue the lore story.

Mary this is the best part of the community, free choice ! you also have free choice to do what you want to shape your character and her live. Goodluck!

• Emerald

Yes, thank you very much