Server time (UTC): 2022-01-23 15:14

Age restriction

Ok i have question for dayzrp community and staff members.To get whitelisted you need to be 16 years old why? that is my only question.I am gonna write every reason why the age limit should be lower.

Common things that older gamers say about the younger ones that is not true

''They are noobs,they don't know to play the game''

No that is wrong,if you seen a younger gamer (let's call them like that) or a kid rage at call of duty in a video that doesn't mean anything.Everybody can get a good at game even younger gamers

''They are immature''

If you follow the rules of dayrp a 14, 16 or 20 years old gamer will have the same rights so there is no point of saying or thinking that

''They always KOS''

ok someone who is a younger game KOS he well get reported and banned.Problem solved

That is my opinion and i will stick to it.If you don't agree you can write a comment why the age limit is good.And also comment what do you think about younger gaming community.Thank you and have a nice day

• Titanium

/moved to Questions

• MVP

1. I personally don't really care if the person I am playing with is a noob or a pro all I care is that I have a good rp session with that someone.

2.Immature = BadRp ; Although not every young gamer is immature is kind of strange to talk to a 25 years old looking man IG and he has a kid voice.

3. At this point there are no logs so KoSers are not really that easy to find and ban.

Having all of this in mind I believe that the age restriction has its importance.

• Emerald

To be honest, the age restriction has it purpose.

And I'm pretty sure it's not because any of the three reasons you state.

I am one of the older ones aroud here, at least that is what I think reading this thread:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-getting-to-know-everyone-age-country-etc?highlight=getting+to+know

Even now, when I would meet a 16 year old in the game, I'm still like going around like, oh a high pitch voice.

The thing is, as a 16 year old you havn't got the maturity, the "life experiece" to portray an adult caracther, in my opinion.

No another discussion: lowering the restriction, to let say 14, so you could join. Then a 12 year old comes in, asking just the same. Should we lower the restriction to 12 then? But wait, what with an 11 year old?

The discussion has been going around for multiple times now, and it won't be accepted:

http://www.dayzrp.com/search.php?action=results&sid=9ef9ef709a3e544b128ab8ddc2a36fe9&sortby=lastpost&order=desc

• Legend

This server and this game are mature focused environments. Allowing younger people would go against the kind of experience we want to promote on this server.

We have allowed younger people before and the effect was almost universally negative. While it is true that anyone can break rules and anyone can be immature the simple fact is for most people maturity is correlated with age. There will be a few to prove us wrong but as a whole the younger the community is the harder it is to create a mature enviromment. The games that have the youngest members including WoW, Call of Duty and Battlefield generally have the most toxic communities to be apart of.

The age requirement will not change.

This server and this game are mature focused environments. Allowing younger people would go against the kind of experience we want to promote on this server.

We have allowed younger people before and the effect was almost universally negative. While it is true that anyone can break rules and anyone can be immature the simple fact is for most people maturity is correlated with age. There will be a few to prove us wrong but as a whole the younger the community is the harder it is to create a mature enviromment. The games that have the youngest members including WoW, Call of Duty and Battlefield generally have the most toxic communities to be apart of.

Ok that is what you think and i will respect that.You said negative effect can i ask what did they exactly do.Thanks for your time

To be honest, the age restriction has it purpose.

And I'm pretty sure it's not because any of the three reasons you state.

I am one of the older ones aroud here, at least that is what I think reading this thread:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-getting-to-know-everyone-age-country-etc?highlight=getting+to+know

Even now, when I would meet a 16 year old in the game, I'm still like going around like, oh a high pitch voice.

The thing is, as a 16 year old you havn't got the maturity, the "life experiece" to portray an adult caracther, in my opinion.

No another discussion: lowering the restriction, to let say 14, so you could join. Then a 12 year old comes in, asking just the same. Should we lower the restriction to 12 then? But wait, what with an 11 year old?

The discussion has been going around for multiple times now, and it won't be accepted:

http://www.dayzrp.com/search.php?action=results&sid=9ef9ef709a3e544b128ab8ddc2a36fe9&sortby=lastpost&order=desc

I don't think you got the point i think the age restriction should change to 14 or 15 it is not that big of a diffrence but still.And yeah there aren't that many 11,12,13 years old who even play dayz i actually think that i am one of few younger gamers (13) who play Dayz.And you said '' I'm pretty sure it's not because any of the three reasons you state'' ok then what do you think are the reasons

• MVP

Ok i have question for dayzrp community and staff members.To get whitelisted you need to be 16 years old why? that is my only question.I am gonna write every reason why the age limit should be lower.

No that is wrong,if you seen a younger gamer (let's call them like that) or a kid rage at call of duty in a video that doesn't mean anything.Everybody can get a good at game even younger gamers

''They are immature''

If you follow the rules of dayrp a 14, 16 or 20 years old gamer will have the same rights so there is no point of saying or thinking that

''They always KOS''

ok someone who is a younger game KOS he well get reported and banned.Problem solved

That is my opinion and i will stick to it.If you don't agree you can write a comment why the age limit is good.And also comment what do you think about younger gaming community.Thank you and have a nice day

I agree with what Caesar said, It's sad that a few bad apples spoil the bunch but I think the pros of the age restriction beat the cons. Usually if your under 16 or 18, you don't have the maturity to be in a serious RP community like this, not you in particular but the general consensus of Age = Maturity(Look at society with driving, drinking, voting, there is an age restriction )

If you really want to RP on DayZ, perhaps there are some other communities where you could practice in the meanwhile until your of age. :) Good Luck with your future endeavours

1. I personally don't really care if the person I am playing with is a noob or a pro all I care is that I have a good rp session with that someone.

2.Immature = BadRp ; Although not every young gamer is immature is kind of strange to talk to a 25 years old looking man IG and he has a kid voice.

3. At this point there are no logs so KoSers are not really that easy to find and ban.

Having all of this in mind I believe that the age restriction has its importance.

I thought the age restriction should be 14,13 or 15 years old.It's not that kind of difference,but still.A 14,15 guy would sound the same like a 16 year old guy.

You said it was hard to track down KOS bandits.your 3 point is right but it doesn't mean they will KOS like if i have somehow allowed to enter the server i wouldn't KOS or any of my friend who play dayz.

Im guessing you're not 16, then?

Just wait it out until your of the required age... there's good reasons behind the age restriction.

[/quote

Yes i am not i am 13 years old.I am not gonna wait 3 years so i can play.You said good reason can you pleas argument those reasons

• MVP

For every one very mature 13, 14 or 15 yr old there is twenty that aren't mature enough. Yes you could say the same for some people over the age of 16 but you have to draw the line somewhere.

The age restriction is in place because historically it works for DayZRP (see Caesar's post above, lowering the age limit has been done before but didn't work).

Surely anyone who is mature enough will understand why there is an age restriction in place.

• MVP

I thought the age restriction should be 14,13 or 15 years old.It's not that kind of difference,but still.A 14,15 guy would sound the same like a 16 year old guy.

You said it was hard to track down KOS bandits.your 3 point is right but it doesn't mean they will KOS like if i have somehow allowed to enter the server i wouldn't KOS or any of my friend who play dayz.

Just wait it out until your of the required age... there's good reasons behind the age restriction.

[/quote

Yes i am not i am 13 years old.I am not gonna wait 3 years so i can play.You said good reason can you pleas argument those reasons

Your paragraph is difficult to read, though I'd suggest the reason for each.

1) Immaturity - whether you acknowledge it or not, younger people for the most part are immature. For the most part, age = experience. THis can range from Bad RP to KOS to RDM. If they change the rules for you , they would have to do it for everyone. Like Caesar said, there was a time where the age limit was different and it was much more chaotic.

2)

''They are immature''

''They always KOS''

I agree with what Caesar said, It's sad that a few bad apples spoil the bunch but I think the pros of the age restriction beat the cons. Usually if your under 16 or 18, you don't have the maturity to be in a serious RP community like this, not you in particular but the general consensus of Age = Maturity(Look at society with driving, drinking, voting, there is an age restriction )

If you really want to RP on DayZ, perhaps there are some other communities where you could practice in the meanwhile until your of age. :) Good Luck with your future endeavours

I think you are right about maturity but you can't judge everyone for few bad examples.And thank you i will try[/i]

[/quote

Your paragraph is difficult to read, though I'd suggest the reason for each.

1) Immaturity - whether you acknowledge it or not, younger people for the most part are immature. For the most part, age = experience. THis can range from Bad RP to KOS to RDM. If they change the rules for you , they would have to do it for everyone. Like Caesar said, there was a time where the age limit was different and it was much more chaotic.

age=experience.Experience in what?

When you state bad RP what does that mean? bad back story you have to keep in mind that i neverd played dayzrp.For KOS and RDM i think even that we are younger we know to stick to rules.you can't associte KOS to a young gamer everybody did a KOS sometime (normal dayz), If they change the rules for you , they would have to do it for everyone.When i wrote this post i didn't not thinking on myself i wasn thinking about every younger game then 16.So i kinda wanted to be changed for everyone

2)

• Legend

If you want technical terms things like the following shot through the roof:

Trolling.

KoS.

Bad RP.

As an anecdote I remember when I was in Cherno and someone who sounded twelve thought it was a good idea to cluck like a chicken. Another situation involved somebody calling themself the "ass bandit".

Sure each of these could easily result in bans. But we have found that implementing the age restriction has made both the staff and the community much happier.

Not to mention the fact that it can be quite comical to see someone 12 pretend to be a 25 year old. The voice can be quite disconcerting.

This is by its nature a mature game. People under 16 should not even be playing it in many locales with things like the "M" ESRB rating (based off Arma 2) and 15 + in my own country I don't think the requirement is entirely unreasonable.

If you want to continue the ratings argument. Many mature actions and comments are made on this server, even though we disallow the worst of the sexual and other potentially offensive conduct there is still a great deal of mature content associated with a game like this. We as the server staff can not and will not be held responsible for people until 16 viewing this material. You may argue that you as a 13 year old can handle this material, I wont argue the point as I simply do not intend to enter into such speculation. DayZRP does not want to enter into such problematic waters by making such assumptions.