Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 01:45

Harsh judgement

-KG-

First of all i am not here to plead "not guilty"...i just fail to see all the logic in a 5 day ban i just received, i understand part of my ban and i accept parts of it...i know i did wrong but at the same time i feel like its a weird situation.

Original report:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-kos-nadezhdino

I understand that i failed to RP by not making contact, but i resent the fact that u say i camped the car to get kills...the car was put there in the middle of the road to be used as a road block since we didnt have any tank traps, i was too far away to make contact myself and my team mate was afk for a short period of time (you can hear him arrive at 00:48 in the video wondering wtf is going on), thus we failed to make contact...but i did not open fire before he got into the car, and as far as im concerned accessing or stealing someone elses vehicle/tent/gear is considered a hostile action isnt it?

our intent was not to randomly kill people, it was to force another car to a halt and rob them...now that plan was crushed when these two ran up and entered our car instead.

If entering someone elses car is allowed nowadays unless you get a warning i will be sure to remember that in the future. It was never left unattended.

Sure i failed to RP and make contact, but i did not do anything outside character as the ruling said...and since i defended our own car/roadblock i really dont think its a random KoS either, i simply responded with lethal force.

I will accept a punishment for this and try to better myself, however from what i have seen before in reports i feel a 5 day ban is a little harsh.

I'm sorry if I'm not allowed to post in here but since I am one of the victims and thus was involved I think that grants me that right. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Isn't it very obvious that you were clearly looking for the easy way to get gear or get some kills or whatever you intended to achieve? I mean you were camping the car from a distance, obviously not in range to make contact with anyone approaching it. If you would have sat next to it or closer to it, you would have been able to make contact with us. And why wouldn't you start to approach us the minute you see us approaching? Why'd you just sit there and wait for us to open fire? And if you really wanted to keep that car, why would you blow it up? You just sprayed the car as if it was nothing. I doubt you'd do that if there was oh-so-rare weapons in it.

our intent was not to randomly kill people, it was to force another car to a halt and rob them...now that plan was crushed when these two ran up and entered our car instead.

No plan was crushed - you saw us coming from far and you could have prevented this without breaking any rules

It was never left unattended.

Technically it wasn't, but visibly to anyone it was. You put it in the middle of the road as a trap, (No not a road block because that wouldn't work as anyone could simply go around the vehicle) waiting for people to get in. Let me point out the facts for you again

- Empty car in the middle of the road

- You sitting 400m away pointing your weapon at it

- Two survivors approach, the unarmed survivor (me) enters the car as driver

- You open up on the survivor (Frank) whom wasn't even in the car yet

- I get out and run away, so does my mate Frank

- You spray the car and make it explode as if it's nothing, even after you claimed it had valuable stuff in it.

- I get killed, my mate Frank manages to escape.

- At the end of the video you kill some random survivor passing by (Paddy Mayne. He wasn't even with us)

Just my two cents here. If I am not supposed to post this here then I apologize

- Empty car in the middle of the road

- You sitting 400m away pointing your weapon at it

Just my two cents here. If I am not supposed to post this here then I apologize

20:09:20 "PKILL: Rick Porter [FM] (110116038) was killed by -KG- (103883462) with weapon PK from 170.411m"

20:12:16 "PKILL: Paddy Mayne (93607302) was killed by -KG- (103883462) with weapon PK from 146.499m"

Okay, if you would read my post again i said i had another team mate in the vicinity but he was afk...our intentions was to make contact with a car.

The point of just blocking the road IS to make another vehicle GO AROUND it, as that forces it to slow down and thus becoming an easier robbery, FM should not teach bandits how to rob...

1. Block the road.

2. Make contact as their car goes off road and slows down.

3. Their choice to stop or not.

that was our plan...but now you came along without a vehicle and my partner being afk for a second. (messing our plans up)

and i engaged THE GROUP that entered our car, you arrived together and i considered you a group which took a hostile action against our car, blowing it up was a mistake and a miscalculation of the weapon since i normally dont use LMGs i was just trying to hit the driver...

about paddy mayne im terribly sorry, i saw two people approach the car when i started shooting, then i saw him leave the car shortly after...honest mistake in the heat of battle.

I couldve given you your gear back, or even upgraded you since u didnt have any weapon apparently, but that would just be trying to buy myself out and avoiding the rules wouldnt it...

would the common sense rule apply for a warning shot in these situations then? what if i put one round in the ground next to you as you approach the vehicle? then it would be common sense to leave the vehicle alone...but i would probably be punished for attempted kos...

I am not teaching anyone how to rob, I'm just using my common sense and trying to imagine how it should have been like from your point of view. Anyone with a reasonable IQ can think of that.

Whatever your plans were you clearly broke the rules and you could have solved it much easier. Nobody had to die here if you would have just use your common sense in the situation.

Guest Maggorra

I am not teaching anyone how to rob, I'm just using my common sense and trying to imagine how it should have been like from your point of view. Anyone with a reasonable IQ can think of that.

Whatever your plans were you clearly broke the rules and you could have solved it much easier. Nobody had to die here if you would have just use your common sense in the situation.

First of all i am not here to plead "not guilty"...

Shut up now and let GM take care of this Ban appeals

I was wondering who killed me.....I was definitely a KoS (paddy mayne)

But I can also understand the whole heat of battle thing so I won't file a report.

Yeah. That kill would have never happened if the shooter would have just attempted to make contact.

But fair enough, I'll keep my mouth shut now and I'll stay out of it from now on.