Server time (UTC): 2021-10-22 20:12

Hostility/General Harassment in TP?

Pegasi

I was in TP a few minutes ago and a group of players were throwing tin cans, breaking peoples' legs (albeit possibly on accident) crouching near people's packs (not taking anything) and shooting 'near' people. Is this against any rule or is this fine? Seems like a bit of a grey area. Wasn't sure whether or not I or others had KOS rights in this situation, and would like a clarification for posterity's sake. Thanks!

I was in TP a few minutes ago and a group of players were throwing tin cans, breaking peoples' legs (albeit possibly on accident) crouching near people's packs (not taking anything) and shooting 'near' people. Is this against any rule or is this fine? Seems like a bit of a grey area. Wasn't sure whether or not I or others had KOS rights in this situation, and would like a clarification for posterity's sake. Thanks!

I'd say this is just trolling in tp and just being pure douche, I'd make a report.

Br0ze got a ban for doing something similar like this.

If I would've shot them, would that have been KOS or was I in the right? At one point they did shoot at me from across the post but they shot 'around' me.

Guy with a green mask on his face, old man with glasses and camo outfit, camo bandana on his head, and I think another guy, who had on a helmet and black face mask, was with them too. Green mask guy shot at me and threw tin cans, broke someone's legs, old guy with glasses was creeping around backpacks.

I think this was the group by the army truck on the right side of the trade post.

I told them numerous times to stop or I'd consider it hostile which was when they shot at me. I was about a hair away from returning fire and killing the shooter, but then considered the situation and decided to log and ask the admins.

Guest Allfreakstar

The tincans werent supposed to be a troll maneuver. I threw mine away, and got shocked by another one. Dont really care though, noone actually seemed to give a fux. Remember: 2 guys threw a nade at me(died both times) and I still didn't report it cus they said sorry.

Good report, but not punishable IMO.

Throwing tin cans, trolling and shoot at or near players in the TP is not roleplaying. It's griefing/trolling/being OUT OF CHARACTER.

It breaks the rules in my opinion and is therefore should be punishable by ban.

Guest Allfreakstar

Shooting is not acceptable. That is a non rp; but cleaning some tincans(junk) is not really against the rules. Pegasi, are you sure they didn't shoot the zeds from the tower?

That is a non rp; but cleaning some tincans(junk) is not really against the rules.

There are much simpler ways to dispose of tin cans, (for example, merely putting them on the floor) rather than throwing them at the legs of other players, breaking them.

No excuse, those guys knew what they were doing and this kind of behaviour happens all the time at the TP.

I was driving in one day and had a guy do a running vault over my car whilst I was parking it, had he died he'd have probably moaned and I'd have had the courtesy of acquiring his name via study corpse and reporting him for messing about.

That is a non rp; but cleaning some tincans(junk) is not really against the rules.

There are much simpler ways to dispose of tin cans, (for example, merely putting them on the floor) rather than throwing them at the legs of other players, breaking them.

No excuse, those guys knew what they were doing and this kind of behaviour happens all the time at the TP.

I was driving in one day and had a guy do a running vault over my car whilst I was parking it, had he died he'd have probably moaned and I'd have had the courtesy of acquiring his name via study corpse and reporting him for messing about.

That's taking it too far.

Throwing tin cans, trolling and shoot at or near players in the TP is not roleplaying. It's griefing/trolling/being OUT OF CHARACTER.

Here's your answer. If there was a video I would ban depending on the severity of what was said, throwing tin cans alone if very baiting, and not allowed in TP unless it's friends or something, where you're just having a laugh.

HOWEVER, saying that, and they put in a report, even if they were friends, it would be taken seriously and punishment may occur.

Shooting is not acceptable. That is a non rp; but cleaning some tincans(junk) is not really against the rules. Pegasi, are you sure they didn't shoot the zeds from the tower?

No, I was looking at the guy as he shot right at me, and heard the bullets hit the metal behind me.

Here's your answer. If there was a video I would ban depending on the severity of what was said, throwing tin cans alone if very baiting, and not allowed in TP unless it's friends or something, where you're just having a laugh.

HOWEVER, saying that, and they put in a report, even if they were friends, it would be taken seriously and punishment may occur.

Ok, that's a little vague.. here's what I want to know: in a situation like this..

A. Are they committing a punishable offense (ie ban)

B. Do I have KOS rights? If I shoot these guys would I be banned? If I had a video proving their actions would I be banned? And if I had no evidence? (ie: can I not realistically defend myself in this situatin unless I'm recording with FRAPS or something, or I could get banned?)

That's taking it too far.

He clearly wasn't disposing of tin cans, he took 17 cans out of a tent and was throwing them at everyone in the TP. (except his buddies)

Ok, that's a little vague.. here's what I want to know: in a situation like this..

B. Do I have KOS rights? If I shoot these guys would I be banned? If I had a video proving their actions would I be banned? And if I had no evidence? (ie: can I not realistically defend myself in this situatin unless I'm recording with FRAPS or something, or I could get banned?)

A) Yes, it can be bannable depending on the severity of what they are saying. I would ban because of that, have been banned because of that, as have many others.

B) I would say yes to KoS rights, though don't quote me on that. If you have video proof of them trolling/flaming, then you wouldn't be punished. BUT, I strongly suggest telling them to stop, maybe 2 or 3 times before taking hostile action.

Eg

"You're a cunt and I hate you." -Bob

"Can you not say things like that, thanks." -John

"Nah mate fuck you." -Bob

"If you continue I'll be forced to take hostile action." -John

"You can try haha fuck you though you're probably a shitty shot." + some racism in there too. -Bob

*John kills Bob*

Then you can take hostile action. Not just:

*John kills Bob*

Sorry for the err.. language :P

EDIT: Also, if you didn't have fraps it's word against word, unless you have witnesses then we'd go with logs which would imply a KoS, if you had fraps obvious ban for them, not you.

A) Yes, it can be bannable depending on the severity of what they are saying. I would ban because of that, have been banned because of that, as have many others.

B) I would say yes to KoS rights, though don't quote me on that. If you have video proof of them trolling/flaming, then you wouldn't be punished. BUT, I strongly suggest telling them to stop, maybe 2 or 3 times before taking hostile action.

Eg

"Can you not say things like that, thanks." -John

"Nah mate fuck you." -Bob

"If you continue I'll be forced to take hostile action." -John

"You can try haha fuck you though you're probably a shitty shot." + some racism in there too. -Bob

*John kills Bob*

Then you can take hostile action. Not just:

*John kills Bob*

Sorry for the err.. language :P

EDIT: Also, if you didn't have fraps it's word against word, unless you have witnesses then we'd go with logs which would imply a KoS, if you had fraps obvious ban for them, not you.

Ok so, in the situation I warned them about 3 times to stop throwing tin cans at me, stop coming up behind me in pairs and sneaking around my pack, and then finally not to shoot at me or I would determine it as a hostile action and open fire. They didn't comply each of these three times, but because I wasn't sure of the situation rules, I logged rather than engage them. But since I had warned them multiple times (including saying I would open fire if they bothered me again, after which they openly shot at me), I could've killed them and an admin could have seen the warnings? (ie. not just my word against theirs, but chat logs would be evidence?)

FRAPS hates my computer.

Ah, if you typed yes, it would have been something looked into. Having witnesses too is extremely good if you can't run fraps. It's sort of difficult to say, as with the TP rules there's supposed to be no hostile action. Then again, if they don't stop.. and if they're going through your pack multiple times they're going through your possessions, which I would kill for if they didn't take in the warnings. What you did by logging out, though, was probably the appropriate thing to do. I'll have to get some other GM's PoV's here.

• Server Manager

Record it, report it. I'd discourage taking hostile actions in TP when you are being harassed, you're gonna get reported and probably killed.

Without a video I can't do anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Me and walshy got shot at from/in tp today. Later today people were running around our car and ganging up in to our comfort zone it is really anoying. The guys that did this know who they are next time will be fraps with from what I here possible ban incomming.

Respect peoples space.

I agree, as much as I dislike what you guys do at times, and don't agree with SDS's use of race stereotypes, you should still be treated with the same basic decency. Them being a bandit does not entitle you to act like douche-bags, people.

• MVP

It does from an IC perspective, Pegasi. I would never get into someone's backpack or vehicle, and I wouldn't even get into someone's parking space, but I do deliberately sit very close to their vehicles sometimes. My character despises them. I love them, but my character doesn't, and he might try to intimidate them or something

And I've seen SDS members get into my comfort zone just as well. Some even vaulted through my parking space. I don't mind OOC. You are bandits and you are annoying. I get it IC, and I understand that you would never steal from a car like that. So when I react to that it is IC and not OOC.

Guest Alpha

If it was entirely IC in some kind'a gun pointing roleplay situation then I personally wouldn't mind (I have seen this happening earlier, Alpha Helix raising weapons at some dude for saying something ICly) but yeah ofcourse there has to be drawn a line somewhere to keep the game fun for everyone.

Me and walshy got shot at from/in tp today. Later today people were running around our car and ganging up in to our comfort zone it is really anoying. The guys that did this know who they are next time will be fraps with from what I here possible ban incomming.

Respect peoples space.

I've quoted you now.

Remember your own words in the future, when either you or SDS are asked to step away from other people's vehicles, also.

As such, the same should go for all groups.

• Emerald

I've seen this happen many times and I can tell you that it's both sided. When these sort of things happen neither side tries to be the better man and leave or ignore the harasser. Most of the time when this happens people drop character and once again it is both sided. There is also a lot of intentional trolling from SDS and the others. As at this point it seems that it's always SDS against the rest of the people in TP. Even the dumbest Somalian knows to take steps back and leave people alone if asked and so does the most inbred redneck from the deep south.

People are just trolling around the TP for no reason (Though there is no reason to troll ever), there is little RP and so much drama that the Spanish telenovela's are left in shadow. When you guys log in to DayZRP server you should RP all the time and respect those who RP. You play a wannabe mobster from Brooklyn, you RP as Brooklyn gangbanger, you play a Russian, you RP as a Russian, you play a Somali pirate, you RP as one. You leave your own egos behind as when egos collide in internet there will be rage quitting and screaming. Of course if you are a douche in real life and RP yourself, well then I feel sorry for you.

People are just trolling around the TP for no reason (Though there is no reason to troll ever), there is little RP and so much drama that the Spanish telenovela's are left in shadow. When you guys log in to DayZRP server you should RP all the time and respect those who RP. You play a wannabe mobster from Brooklyn, you RP as Brooklyn gangbanger, you play a Russian, you RP as a Russian, you play a Somali pirate, you RP as one. You leave your own egos behind as when egos collide in internet there will be rage quitting and screaming. Of course if you are a douche in real life and RP yourself, well then I feel sorry for you.

I do agree on this part, although some like to role play less its good to see others try when confronted by someone who role plays naturally and very much in character.

There is a really good Russian RPing in his group of three or so. Comrade is the start of his every sentence so i guess its Ivan.

As for what you said about SDS, allot of them are decent if you are. Sometimes a few can be sporadic and spurt out words without thinking.