Server time (UTC): 2021-10-23 13:30

Backpack Locking / Looking in Backpack Animation

My suggestion is very much self explained by the name but I will go into a little more detail about it. I have been a victim of / talked to a couple of people that have been robbed in the TP because someone has managed to sneak their hands into someones backpack and taken an item.

I feel that backpacks should have the option to be locked/zipped up if it is possible to implement this. The backpack would remain locked/zipped until the player wearing it unlocked/zipped it or died. This doesn't necessarily make sense from a role play stand point but it would actually benefit role play so bear with me. Doing this would benefit the server in various ways:

1. It would help to cease hostilities in the trade post when a player is crouched/prone next to another.

2. Most importantly it would stop players from being able to steal from you while your in the trade post.

3. This would actually benefit role play as players wouldn't feel so anxious to say, sit around a camp fire and talk.

My friend pointed out that this would affect the ability to secretly rob someones backpack when not in the trade post. This could maybe be solved by a compromise of there being a distinguished animation for looking in a backpack instead?

Would like to hear everyone's thoughts and feelings on this :)

Additional: Below are some of the ideas that others have posted.

Murray: "Perhaps a small text pop-up or hint pop-up that tells you when and who is looking in your backpack. Rather than letting you outright lock it, you can simply keep track of who is looking in."

Ruffboi: "Or delete the rule of no stealing in TP, since it's actually possible to steal from somebody else's bag."

Perhaps a small text pop-up or hint pop-up that tells you when and who is looking in your backpack. Rather than letting you outright lock it, you can simply keep track of who is looking in.

I strongly support this. I've seen TP rp killed by people screaming "STOP CROUCHING NEXT TO ME!!" numerous times. Also, I've been robbed in TP and it's incredibly annoying to always have to watch your back.

The Metal Gear Solid ' ! ' and sound would be perfect :)

In all honesty if you see someone crouching near you with their weapon lowered then move away. Check your inventory and then decide what to do.

+10 Metal Gear Solid ! idea.

Also though that is what most people do at the moment but it does sometimes lead to arguing/paranoia and I feel it does restrict some role play as you do need to be able to trust being near them.

Or delete the rule of no stealing in TP, since it's actually possible to steal from somebody else's bag.

I feel that this would be a good idea if there was an animation and if realism was the target. It could also potentially lead to gunfights breaking out however and a less friendly atmosphere in the only safe area in Chernarus.

Heh, that also reminds me of locking a vehicle as well, like on one of the regular RP servers (non-DayZ). Maybe we should be allowed to do that after finding the specific lock (e.g. lock, car remote, bike lock). Maybe we can even do it on PCB gates, to prevent bandits and rival factions for easily entering. That also brings up the point of a new skill, lockpicking. Let's see what the devs can do...

Heh, that also reminds me of locking a vehicle as well, like on one of the regular RP servers (non-DayZ). Maybe we should be allowed to do that after finding the specific lock (e.g. lock, car remote, bike lock). Maybe we can even do it on PCB gates, to prevent bandits and rival factions for easily entering. That also brings up the point of a new skill, lockpicking. Let's see what the devs can do...

Funny enough me and some friends were talking about this the other day, we was saying that if you had a toolbox then you could pick the lock but it'd take time and attract zombies like when you repair a vehicle. If you didn't have a toolbox then you would have to break the window having a larger agro radius and obviously breaking the window.