Server time (UTC): 2021-10-22 18:22

Couple of questions

• MVP

Hello! I recently joined DayZRP, and I love it so far. I got a couple of questions though.

When is it day and when is it night? Does it change with every server reset? Also, is it just me or is the in-game time not the same as the current (GMT +1) time here? My watch in game said a quarter past 8 pm while in reality it was like 10 pm. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

What does blufor, opfor and civilian mean, and why can I only choose blufor?

Can I change my forum name to my in game name (Izaak)? It would make it easier for people to find me.

On the left here it says wrong player ID. Can I change that? I guess I filled in the right PID when white listing because I am able to join. Could it have something to do with the fact that I filled in a different in game name when white listing? I said it was Izaäk but that wasn't allowed so I had to change it to Izaak.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if these questions are a bit stupid.

• MVP

On the left here it says wrong player ID. Can I change that? I guess I filled in the right PID when white listing because I am able to join. Could it have something to do with the fact that I filled in a different in game name when white listing? I said it was Izaäk but that wasn't allowed so I had to change it to Izaak.

Enter your PID into the Donation Shop page. That should add your character to your account.

Hello! I recently joined DayZRP, and I love it so far. I got a couple of questions though.

When is it day and when is it night? Does it change with every server reset? Also, is it just me or is the in-game time not the same as the current (GMT +1) time here? My watch in game said a quarter past 8 pm while in reality it was like 10 pm. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

With each server restart, (there are four in a 24 hour period, running at 00:00, 06:00, 12:00 and 18:00 UTC+1) One runs during night, the other day and so on so forth. So there is one day and night period within 12 hours.

What does blufor, opfor and civilian mean, and why can I only choose blufor?

These are merely placeholders for vanilla ARMA2. Blufor (meaning blue force) was the US, OPfor (meaning opposing force) was Russia/Chedaki and civilian is obviously, civilian. Within DayZ everyone is set to Blufor, but this has no affect on the game or the roleplay here.

Can I change my forum name to my in game name (Izaak)? It would make it easier for people to find me.

Ofcourse. The thread to request such is here.

This will update in time, don't worry. I think dying or restarts cause it and your humanity score to update.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if these questions are a bit stupid.

Not a worry and welcome to the community, I hope you enjoy your stay and embark on a great roleplaying adventure!

• MVP

With each server restart, (there are four in a 24 hour period, running at 00:00, 06:00, 12:00 and 18:00 UTC+1) One runs during night, the other day and so on so forth. So there is one day and night period within 12 hours.

Thanks, both of you!

So that means that from 18:00 to 00:00 it is dark? If that's true, then I have a suggestion to make. Assuming that most players live in Europe, and assuming that most players want to or can only play in the evening, that means that they are bound to play at nighttime. I think it would be more logical to move everything 2 or 3 hours, so that nighttime starts at 20:00 or 21:00 and ends at 02:00 or 03:00.

And what about the fact that my in-game watch said it was 2 hours earlier? Maybe I was just mistaking. I would have to check that again in a few hours.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm having lots of fun, more than I expected. There's something thrilling about just walking in the night that other games just can't pull off. Everyone on this server is nice and I've been helped multiple times now.

Well for me in the UK, it got dark from around 3am GMT, so that'd be 04:00ish server time. Then by the restart at 06:00 it was light again.

Nevermind, I will just play and see how it goes. I don't think it was dark from 18:00 to 00:00 yesterday.

Yeah I don't know the exact times, but you roughly get like 2-3 hours of dark before a server reset.

• Server Manager

There's a restart every 6 hours. Each 6 hour session has about 4 hours of daylight and 2 hours of night. Full moon night is set up on the server, but the moon rises quite late so it might not come up during these 2 hours of darkness.

• MVP

There's a restart every 6 hours. Each 6 hour session has about 4 hours of daylight and 2 hours of night. Full moon night is set up on the server, but the moon rises quite late so it might not come up during these 2 hours of darkness.

I like it that way. I thought it would be 6 hours dark, 6 hours light, 6 hours dark again, etc.

Didn't want to make a whole new thread about this: are you allowed to speak different languages? Other than English, I mean? My English is fine, but in the future a friend of mine may join and since we are both from the Netherlands it would be habitual to speak Dutch.

I like it that way. I thought it would be 6 hours dark, 6 hours light, 6 hours dark again, etc.

Didn't want to make a whole new thread about this: are you allowed to speak different languages? Other than English, I mean? My English is fine, but in the future a friend of mine may join and since we are both from the Netherlands it would be habitual to speak Dutch.

Forum is English only, but of course you can speak dutch ingame, but if you're doing something ie. robbing person you must be speak english if he doesn't understand you.