Server time (UTC): 2021-10-19 17:23

Accidental Murder - Teebag3r

Just shot Teebag3r by accident from TP, mistook him for a zombie from his skin and shot him with an SVD, I ran out to try and save him with other people in the TP but he died, wanted to post here and on the forum to apologise if he see's this, we have the accident recorded also

This seems to happen alot, a few days ago I accidentally shot someone in the neck that looked exactly like a zombie (face + one of the zombie skins, he was also running around in one of the scripted paths with no gun).

Yeah I have heard that it's happened once or twice, maybe if players couldn't have the same skins as zombies or a rule saying no gunfire in the TP (although that would affect the roleplay aspect and I doubt many people would support it + that still doesn't solve the problem outside of the TP)

If someone is soft enough to want to wear the zombie skin then its their own bloody fault!

I'd normally agree but I met Teabag3r when he came back to the TP and he had only just spawned in with that skin and hadn't had a chance to change it. He told me that he re-spawned and got shot again 5 minutes later in Kamenka as well. Pretty unlucky still.

I dont see how having a zombie face is RP.

It really isn't, it kinda kills immersion.

wasnt he accidentally killed twice in like 1 hour??

Common sense is not so common.

If you got shot by someone because you look exactly like a zombie, then decide against all reason not to change back to a non zombie face/zombie skin combination (I know you can't control clothes spawns, but by keeping zombie face you run the risk of getting the combo) and get shot again for the same reason, you can't really act surprised. Switch to a regular face skin and voila, problem solved.

• Server Manager

Yeah, that tends to happen often and it's only normal. I mean, did zombies get their own uniforms when they became infected? :)

Running pattern and face is the best way to distinguish zombies from players nowdays.

Yeah, that tends to happen often and it's only normal. I mean, did zombies get their own uniforms when they became infected? :)

Running pattern and face is the best way to distinguish zombies from players nowdays.

Did the Zombies not PM you Rolle to save a Clan skin for themselves then? :)

• MVP

Aye, now that spawning skins are similar to zombie skins can people use common sense and ID their targets as much as they can prior to shooting?

It takes another minute. All you have to do is stop being trigger happy and watch the movements of the character, there are little things that denote a zombie easily.

Three times he was killed going to TP.

People need to keep an eye out for fresh spawns.

Aye, now that spawning skins are similar to zombie skins can people use common sense and ID their targets as much as they can prior to shooting?

It takes another minute. All you have to do is stop being trigger happy and watch the movements of the character, there are little things that denote a zombie easily.

Three times he was killed going to TP.

People need to keep an eye out for fresh spawns.

Yeah I guess it just takes some getting used to, when you've been used to zombies and players being so easily distinguished I guess you just don't stop to think and ID whether a zombie is actually a zombie. Maybe there should be some kind of a campaign to raise awareness for accidental player shootings. It would need some kind of a motto and a catchy song to go with...

Guest Sir Gregory Fox

Just shot Teebag3r by accident from TP

God damn it Adam how many more people are you just going to murder in cold blood, WHEN WILL THE KILLING STOP

Hi guys, i just get killed by a player in the base between electro and tcherno. A zombi was running behind him so itried to defend him. He just killed me without a word. I don't know his name but when i came back, nobody wanted to give me a feedback about what happened. I hopw is an accidental murder because i just lost all my stuff and i am a little bit mad.

Thanks

• MVP

Abu, this thread isn't the best way to reach/try to find your killer.

We have a special part of forums for that : http://www.dayzrp.com/f-report-discussion

Read the details how to make such discussion report and make a thread :)

P.S : Abu , for future use - put your player ID (Go to donation shop to enter it).

If you're not 100% sure, I have a solution:

Warning shot.

If it's a zombie, it will just keep plowing through like a brain-dead corpse that can still move.

If it's a player, said player will likely panic and start zigging and zagging, and running side-to-side, and going prone and crouching... ultimately being very easy to differentiate between the two.

... not to mention the screams of "Ermahgerd, not a zombie! Not a ZOMBIE!" across direct comms.

• Legend

I accidentally shot a priest skin person with a revolver from 50m+ away. Shot him in the head, luckily he did not die. Very hard to distinguish some skins from zombies.

• Emerald

Directly after the wipe i nearly drove over a player that looked like a zombie. what saved him was that he dived into some bushes which im sure zombies doesnt do.