Server time (UTC): 2021-10-26 12:05

False Report extension

Caesar

• Legend

Currently it appears the mods take false reports seriously, however, I think this should be extended further. Any lying in a report should be punishable. The time frames for punishments I will leave up to mods.

• MVP

If they have suitable evidence then they will act on it. Your case does not warrant any punishments as you acted incorrectly and died as a result of it.

Had you filmed the event it may have been suitable evidence to potentially prove someone of lying. However, both of you have stated what happened and nothing could have been proven with both testimonies. He was not guilty for KoS/RDM.

In the future film the events for evidence if you are in doubt of what may have happened.

• Legend

If they have suitable evidence then they will act on it. Your case does not warrant any punishments as you acted incorrectly and died as a result of it.

Had you filmed the event it may have been suitable evidence to potentially prove someone of lying. However, both of you have stated what happened and nothing could have been proven with both testimonies. He was not guilty for KoS/RDM.

In the future film the events for evidence if you are in doubt of what may have happened.

1. I was not speaking of my case in general. Also I think you will find that in the one instance I did die the opposing party got banned for his mistake http://www.dayzrp.com/t-rdm-electro . Again irrelevant as while this may be where the idea came from it is not meant to address my issue. As you were not involved in the incident involving myself and others I do not know how you feel capable of speaking about it.

2. You second paragraph has a more sensible point. It is true that using this rule would be difficult and should only be used when the mods can be reasonable certain of a lie, often this may come from logs and film rather than testimonials (unless overwhelming).

3. Are you even sure your aiming most of this at me? It seems your confusing most of what you are saying with something else because your statements do not mesh up with reality.

Back on point. The suggestion is simple, punishment for lying in reports, regardless whether you are the creator or defendant in report. If this is already the case than I withdraw this suggestion because it is pointless.

• MVP

They do punish for lying in reports. The problem arises when there is no clear evidence from either party. Word vs word often ends up boiling down to these kinds of scenarios.

Apologies for the confusion in reports as I did not realize there was a few with you involved that were still ongoing. The one in question refers to http://www.dayzrp.com/t-kos-in-electro--5855?page=2 where you again implied that they were lying.

I am not aiming the post at you specifically but merely using yours as an example.

If you can provide significant evidence that shows that they are lying then they will be punished for it. Bear in mind confusion does happen so the GMs will look at them objectively and decide.

For example:

Okay, so, after consulting another GM we have come to this conclusion:

Rogue, in your initial report you stated you had already moved to your tractor before he initiated, that was a lie. He initiated, you ran for your tractor, got in and tried to drive away, that was a legit kill.

However, the first robbery was not in range, and is proved by the fact the chat didn't log.

Since you tried to make contact but failed, I am only giving you a 2 day ban, not the standard 3.

You weren't roleplaying in your robbery, however, which is now compulsory, so I am adding another 1 day ban.

3 day ban and character reset for SoHam.

The lie helped influence the punishment but was not punished for that reason specifically. Mind you a 3 day ban is perfectly fine for what he did.

(http://www.dayzrp.com/t-kos-robbery-cherno-close-to-tp?page=2)

Ultimately when you create a report they expect you to be honest. If there are any falsehoods caused by anyone that will undermine their argument and punishments may be due as a result.

Not digging at you mate, but you cant say everyone is lying. Different points of view skew everything. Only a clear video and other evidence can base any accusation of being dishonest.

• Legend

Far point. You do bring up a good counter argument here. And your first post sounded like you were trying to say something about a particular case of mine that made no sense, still doesn't but I doubt what I interpreted is what youe meant anyway.

Mods can lock this, I am satisfied with SumoS answers now.