Server time (UTC): 2021-10-22 19:22

• MVP

Hello everyone,

I just recently made an account on this forum. In fact, I just recently bought ArmA II and DayZ.

As I am kind of bored with a lot of games, I wanted to play something fresh, something new. Something tactical. A game in which you have to think. My eye fell on DayZ. However, I feel like just playing on a random DayZ server won't be enough for me. I want something really serious.

So I found this website. Roleplaying sounds perfect. The fact that you have to write an application means that there are no immature people. And the website looks neat, which indicates that this server is taken seriously.

But before I join (if I manage to get whitelisted at all), I want to ask you a question: is it wise for me to join this server if I've never played DayZ before? Don't get me wrong, I like to get thrown into the deep. I like to die a lot, and I like frustration. But I don't want to irritate other players with my "noobiness".

I do want to say that if I get whitelisted, I intend to play as serious as I can. I guess that roleplaying doesn't mean you have to be good. If zombie outbreak would happen in real life, there would also be people who wouldn't last a minute.

So, what do you advice me? I can learn fast and I don't mind a challenge, but I you say I will only irritate other players, I will find a normal server to improve my skills first. Thanks in advance!

• MVP

Mate we all need to start somewhere.

Only you can decide whether you are fit to join the server. So in reality, get white-listed, play here, try it out and decide if you wish to stay.

There are plenty that would help you as much as steal your stuff.

Also, create yourself a story that drives your game-play. What might also be handy for you is looking at videos of DayZ on YouTube to help familiarize the icons and game-play elements.

Look forward to seeing you out there :)

• MVP

Mate we all need to start somewhere.

Only you can decide whether you are fit to join the server. SO in reality, get white-listed, play here, try it out and decide if you wish to stay.

There are plenty that would help you as mush as steal your stuff.

Also, create yourself a story that drives your game-play. What might also be handy for you is looking at videos of DayZ on Youtube to help familiarize the icons and gameplay elements.

Look forward to seeing you out there :)

Thanks for the quick response!

I will just put in my application and see how it will go! I already watched some youtube videos, but I wanted to keep my knowledge to a minimum: I like to find things out just by playing the game. In my opinion it makes for a better experience that way. I guess that's what my story will be: a guy who doesn't really know how to handle a zombie apocalypse.

By the way, I like that people steal stuff. Roleplaying means that there are going to be some jerks. And besides, what would you do in a scenario like this?

• MVP

And besides, what would you do in a scenario like this?

Time to find out ;)

Haha!

By the way, are there any rules to what your character can be? Does he have to be military? Does he only need a first/given name? And are there any limits to how your character got to Chernarus?

I don't want to be the only one being called "Ted" who got here on a boat while the rest is playing military characters.

• MVP

Have a read through the RP forums and you can see what roles have been created.

Feel free to create your own as this will define how you play and how you can make your interactions.

Many of us play civilians.

I came up with Izaäk. Izaäk doesn't know the first thing about surviving in a world full of zombies. Just like me. So that's going to be great. :P

When I die, do I need to come up with a new character? I know I have to pretend that it's the first time again, but I like Izaäk, and if I can, I want to re-use him.

• MVP

Feel free to create your own as this will define how you play and how you can make your interactions.

I came up with Izaäk. Izaäk doesn't know the first thing about surviving in a world full of zombies. Just like me. So that's going to be great. :P

When I die, do I need to come up with a new character? I know I have to pretend that it's the first time again, but I like Izaäk, and if I can, I want to re-use him.

Nah just use the good ol' "He blacked out and found himself on the beach unaware of what happened earlier".

That way your character wont be killed by an accident. Or unless you wish to kill him off and start another.

• MVP

Nah just use the good ol' "He blacked out and found himself on the beach unaware of what happened earlier".

That way your character wont be killed by an accident. Or unless you wish to kill him off and start another.

That makes sense. Thanks.

I got whitelisted. Huray for me! I tried to play and everything went well. However, I'm not really sure what to do at the menu before you enter the server. It says blufor, opfor, civilian and something else. My character is a civilian, but I can only choose blufor. Also, should I change my skin manually to something civilian?

• 2 months later...