Server time (UTC): 2021-10-19 17:17

Any setting i can change to improve performance?

• Emerald

Is there any of these settings I can change to improve performance without making the game look worse ?

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=1500000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Windowed=0;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1080;

FSAA=4;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

HDRPrecision=32;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=2147483647;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

vsync=0;

AToC=7;

FXAA=0;

PPAA=0;

PPAA_Level=0;

Also I launch Arma with -cpuCount=4

I have quadcore, 8 gigs of ram and Asus Radeon HD7950 DirectCU II (3gig)

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1; (Mouse Smoothing - off)

AToC=6;

PPAA=1;

PPAA_Level=1;

This is from some tutorial i found few months ago

also this, i tried it myself and it worked nicely i got 10-15 more fps [video=youtube]

I don't know if this is relevant but the biggest problem for me was my virus scanner scanning the battle client folder constantly. It caused huge lagspikes. I put the arma game folders in the virus scanner's exceptions list and the game ran smooth ever since.

The reason I'm writing this down is because I didn't find any guide that mentioned this. I also have a quadcore with 8gb ram and upgraded my GPU which didn't make any difference. My virus scanner (avira antivir) was causing the problem.

• Emerald

RAMdisc as above is a good idea, I used to get solid 60-70fps, combined with OC 3570k and OC HD7850.

Now I use an SSD as a storage cache drive, eliminating the need for a RAMDisc, an performance is the same.

Try that (A RAM disc) and OCing your CPU if you can.

What's your resolution and CPU?

If your HDD is almost full, try to delete some stuff off it (A general rule of thumb is to leave 10% free) as this will allow it to operate more efficiently since Arma 2 relies on texture transfers from the harddisc.

• Emerald

I have ArmA2 and my OS installed on a SSD. I use 1920x1080 both ingame and in windows. I have a Intel Core i5-2500K quadcore. My SSD is about 50% free

It's only ArmA that feels sluggish sometimes, all other games run excellent. I guess its just the engine and that i can't do much about it

Guest DeLuca2400

AToC=6;

PPAA=1;

PPAA_Level=1;

also this, i tried it myself and it worked nicely i got 10-15 more fps [video=youtube]

There's a new version of six updater and for some reason I can't make a shortcut of dayz. Also do I put a copy of the dayzrp in the partition too?

can anyone tell me if it's possible to use the RAMdisk method stated above if your arma files were downloaded through steam? any input would be greatly appreciated.

• MVP

can anyone tell me if it's possible to use the RAMdisk method stated above if your arma files were downloaded through steam? any input would be greatly appreciated.

It is, it is pretty much the same method as well.

I also have a quadcore with 8gb ram and upgraded my GPU which didn't make any difference. My virus scanner (avira antivir) was causing the problem.

This is because the game only uses up to dual or quad core's (cant remember which) so makes no difference if you increase this with a quad or less anyway

It is, it is pretty much the same method as well.

i use the dayzrp mod exe. do i have to copy across all my armaII files to the new partition? or just the @dayz folder, or the @dayzrp folder for that matter?

hella confused right now.

Just the @dayzrp folder

okay, got as far as setting up new partition with @DayZRP folder copied across. all i need to know now is which .exe to change the shortcut for?

edit: think its the ARMA2OA.exe..

..can anyone confirm for me?

• 1 month later...

AToC=6;

PPAA=1;

PPAA_Level=1;

Thx!