Server time (UTC): 2021-10-26 12:57

Robbing Cars

So, as usual, robbery attempts on fast moving vehicles almost always lead to a KoS report, with the bandits always saying "We sent the message at the EXACTLY PERFECT TIME." Or "We used voice and they kept driving. Or something similar. It's nearly impossible to stop a vehicle moving a 115Km/h and process the macro bandit message in five seconds.

Here are a few ways to counter that:

1: Robberies on moving vehicles MUST be done with some sort of roadblock. Not everyone hiding in the trees and spamming a copy past to grind kills.

OR:

2: Robberies on fast moving vehicles ( 40 Km/h or more ) Must be done by slowing the vehicle down, to a reasonable speed and then initiating.

3: Car robberies time must be increased to allow for a stop of the vehicle if the above rule isn't implemented.

RP Roadblocks at places like Solnichniy factory or the bend in the road at gorka or the road north of Novy Sobor would REQUIRE a player to be at some sort of road stop, with sandbags or tank traps preferably. Stopping the cars, checking them out, then sending them on their way if needed is a much more rp style.

Even though you're bandits nothing is gained by killing everyone you meet.

Just my two cents on that.

Also, if you come into the thread and tell me: Well you just don't want to be robbed lol noob, or something similar, you aren't here for the gameplay, you're here for the fucking over of other players. Basically leave the thread if you have nothing to add to the discussion.

Some of us roleplay psychotic assholes who enjoy fucking over other people.

I am severely tired of hearing the "roleplay" card when people want to add unrealistic rules against robberies.

RP roadblocks?

Newsflash people, the world in dayz has gone to shit.

9/10 people you knew prior to the fall of man is dead or undead.

It's a kill - or be killed world. If we'd be truelly roleplaying that scenario we wouldn't have an anti-KoSrule. And NO, i am not saying that we should remove it.

But please, dont fall back on calling everything RP, when all you want is to stop bandits.

I honestly think this problem can be solved by shooting out the tires, can't it? Robbers should just be given permission to shoot the tires, then initiate robbery.

If they hit the car anywhere else and cause someone to die, its a KOS fair and square. So they take a certain risk doing so.

• Emerald

I honestly think this problem can be solved by shooting out the tires, can't it? Robbers should just be given permission to shoot the tires, then initiate robbery.

If they hit the car anywhere else and cause someone to die, its a KOS fair and square. So they take a certain risk doing so.

Unless they end up blowing up the vehicle or killing a victim.

Unless they end up blowing up the vehicle or killing a victim.

As I said, they would take on responsibility for that and the consequences. For a decent shot it shouldn't be too often an occurrence.

In situations where roadblocks are not present, the thieves should be able to shoot out the tires. They would obviously do so (hopefully) aware that the car will be rendered unusable so they could just steal whatever is in it/on the passengers, or repair it with tires and take it.

It also would make robberies more exciting/realistic and would give skillful victims an opportunity to sneak out and run (into a town, the woods)

In situations where roadblocks are not present, the thieves should be able to shoot out the tires. They would obviously do so (hopefully) aware that the car will be rendered unusable so they could just steal whatever is in it/on the passengers, or repair it with tires and take it.

It also would make robberies more exciting/realistic and would give skillful victims an opportunity to sneak out and run (into a town, the woods)

No, it'd allow people to kill anyone and say they were aiming for the tires.