Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 04:23

Stop zombies from hitting you in a vehicle.

Guest Boris Grigorev

Guest Boris Grigorev

Enough said, it's unrealistic and I don't see how a zombie can hit a person in a ural 1.5m from the ground travelling at 80km/h. especially with their insane damage.

Stop them spawning when you are in vehicles to because with this new Dayzrp mod its probably leading to all the low frames because people just drive through a town really fast spawning all the zombies and causing lag on the server.

Stop them spawning when you are in vehicles to because with this new Dayzrp mod its probably leading to all the low frames because people just drive through a town really fast spawning all the zombies and causing lag on the server.

that would help a lot. maybe we should make just a big list of things that could be changed. because I see more and more threads popping up and all of the ideas are really good and could make a big difference

Personally I think zombie spawn by vehicles was the best update in DayZ for a long time, the meta gaming where you could spot survivors based on zombie spawn is finally gone. To me it's definitely worth the frame drop.

As for zombies hitting you while driving, here I agree. It'd be great if they could only attack if the vehicle was standing still.

Personally I think zombie spawn by vehicles was the best update in DayZ for a long time, the meta gaming where you could spot survivors based on zombie spawn is finally gone. To me it's definitely worth the frame drop.

As for zombies hitting you while driving, here I agree. It'd be great if they could only attack if the vehicle was standing still.

2 second fix to do either of these, ask rolle.

The whole point of the addition was so you have to fix your glass all the time :P

tell that to one of my friends who is getting 5-10 fps in cities

• MVP

Increase the hit-box of the cars the faster you go? That way the zombies should die when you hit them, instead of when they are underneath a player.

Keep zombies damaging windows, otherwise they become safe havens. Besides there is no realistic damage after hitting a horde, so there should be something that evens this out a bit. Zombies hit glass, if there is no glass then they hit you.

+1

I wouldn't dream of going near a city anymore, as my FPS was terrible in the first place.

Alright, but if we look at it from another perspective. If you drive a car in 80km/h inside a city, would that be unharmful to the car? Sure, if drive a bus or a ural. But hitting a adult human body that fast isn't good for the car or the people inside it. But sure, i see the problem with getting hit by the zombies you manage to pass, happened to me twice.

Please, do NOT remove zombiespawning and hitting vehicles.. That would just return the loot entire city and jump into vehicle safe haven playstyle back..

I have never had any problems with this.. (Some gliches are ofc expected)

I would even daresay that like we have it now, with the glitch of beeing hit while running past now and then is a LOT more realistic then before.

There is no such thing as a vehicle safe haven. When in vehicle other player will spam macro with do not get out:P::P:P:. Staying in your car is dangerous. And zombies hitting you true glass is retarded and not realistic. A window from a car is strong and needs a safety hammer to smash true. In almost every zombie movie a car is a safe haven. Only in The Walking Dead the actors manage to leave the windows open, because they are stupid.

Lets face it you can still meta game, because you can see a town from a distance. You can spot players anyway with cars and choppers. Its not really meta gaming just part of the way zombies and loot spawn in.

Remove it please, because sitting in a bus getting one hit knock out and die is not fun and destroys your character.

Thing is.. I see a LOT of players nagging about all the new zombie buffs.. This is a zombie survival mod.. And there is players out there (myself included) who get the thrill of the game from something other than robbing players.

I would actually think that quite a few of the bandits here would think this game was as good without zombies at all.

But this is not the point of dayz, and the main reason for buffing zeds so people have to start playing differently.

Thing is.. I see a LOT of players nagging about all the new zombie buffs.. This is a zombie survival mod.. And there is players out there (myself included) who get the thrill of the game from something other than robbing players.

I would actually think that quite a few of the bandits here would think this game was as good without zombies at all.

But this is not the point of dayz, and the main reason for buffing zeds so people have to start playing differently.

Not to be rude, but how does this relate to this thread at all? We're discussing how bugged zombie damage is when it comes to driving, not nerfing zombie damage.

I would have vehicles spawn maybe 1/3 of the zombies.. just ones stumbling around. When you get out, the others show up from inside houses and around corners to feast :D

I never rob anyone, and I love zombies being dangerous. Just not this brand of dangerous, hell, they were already dangerous enough because of all the glitching. It's not that bad for people like me though but I'm concerned about people that like using hatchets or crowbars.

2 second fix to do either of these, ask rolle.

The whole point of the addition was so you have to fix your glass all the time :P

Well let's think here.. in a real zombie situation the zombie would have to strike through the broken glass and probably break out some still stuck to the frame, and even then his strikes wont be as strong as a full strike because he's reaching through a window, reaching and bending his arm. I think cars with broken windows should take a few hits on any given door before they start taking damage and even then, reduced damage. I keep getting mega-punched lol.. I was even knocked out in the front seat of a car by a zombie and the SUV decided to drive itself around on a rampage and nearly killed one of us. Not sure if the zombie vehicle damage had something to do with that, maybe a glitch?