Server time (UTC): 2021-10-23 13:23

Hostility clarification.

Guest AlCapwn410

Guest AlCapwn410

Most hostile acts speak for themselves. Telling someone you're going to rob them, forcing someone to do something they are not inclined to do, these are obvious examples but I recall there being other things that counted as hostile actions that are no longer listed. There is actually no list of hostile actions at all, at least not one that I can find. I would like some clarification on ALL actions that are considered to be hostile. I recall chasing down people was once considered a hostile action but without a list within the server rules I'm a touch lost.

Most hostile acts speak for themselves. Telling someone you're going to rob them, forcing someone to do something they are not inclined to do, these are obvious examples but I recall there being other things that counted as hostile actions that are no longer listed. There is actually no list of hostile actions at all, at least not one that I can find. I would like some clarification on ALL actions that are considered to be hostile. I recall chasing down people was once considered a hostile action but without a list within the server rules I'm a touch lost.

Eh, why don't you list 'em here? I'm confused on what you consider as hostile actions that are omitted. This time though, we're getting a little more hardcore in RP'ing, so you can do hostile actions, with mutual consent of course.

Guest AlCapwn410

I'd list them if I knew all the actions that were considered hostile. If someone tells me to get down, drop my guns and don't move that is a hostile act. If someone informs me that they are robbing me before they instruct me to get down and not move, that is also a hostile act. I recall before in the rules that chasing people was considered hostile, i.e. you chase someone for long enough and they had the right to turn around and shoot you in the face. I'm just curious as to which actions that aren't obvious are considered hostile, since there is no longer a list.

I'd list them if I knew all the actions that were considered hostile. If someone tells me to get down, drop my guns and don't move that is a hostile act. If someone informs me that they are robbing me before they instruct me to get down and not move, that is also a hostile act. I recall before in the rules that chasing people was considered hostile, i.e. you chase someone for long enough and they had the right to turn around and shoot you in the face. I'm just curious as to which actions that aren't obvious are considered hostile, since there is no longer a list.

But it might not be hostile as well. Maybe they just say "Drop your gun" without saying "drop your loot" for safety reasons? That's what NCR practically does.

Guest AlCapwn410

Right, problem being that even though it's a safety precaution for them it is still considered a hostile act. Attempting to force someone to do something they don't want to do. If you opt not to drop your gun, they don't decide not to deal with you and leave, they shoot assuming you are a hostile. While they're only making sure you don't shoot them, the moment you drop your gun you're at their mercy. If one of them were to decide they wanted what you had there's no stopping them at that point. There's no way to determine the motive of someone even if the group they are associated with tends to be good people. If you're not violent, introduce yourself, be friendly but don't drop your guard. That's how you get robbed. You could easy ask someone to drop their weapon for your own safety and then the moment they do post up your robbery macro. There's no way to tell and thus no way to trust. Also, there is a command for lowering your weapon (if you have a primary). You double tap left ctrl and it lowers your weapon, you would have to click to ready up again which would give a group enough time to see and then decide to attack. Telling someone to drop their weapon is damn near the same as asking you to shoot them.

Right, problem being that even though it's a safety precaution for them it is still considered a hostile act. Attempting to force someone to do something they don't want to do. If you opt not to drop your gun, they don't decide not to deal with you and leave, they shoot assuming you are a hostile. While they're only making sure you don't shoot them, the moment you drop your gun you're at their mercy. If one of them were to decide they wanted what you had there's no stopping them at that point. There's no way to determine the motive of someone even if the group they are associated with tends to be good people. If you're not violent, introduce yourself, be friendly but don't drop your guard. That's how you get robbed. You could easy ask someone to drop their weapon for your own safety and then the moment they do post up your robbery macro. There's no way to tell and thus no way to trust.

A safer way would be "HOLSTER YOUR GUN", but not everyone might know the key (default 2xControl Key), so it might be a good idea to put it in the rules,

Guest AlCapwn410

Problem being you can't holster side arms. And that's what I am asking for in this thread. Some simple clarification as to what acts within the game other than the obvious are to be taken as hostile. This way someone can respond to these acts with at very least suspicion.

Really? Use your bloody common sense, you don't need more rules, hostile act = something you're forced to do and ie. if you're chased etc. think what might happen if you engage them.