Server time (UTC): 2021-10-22 20:20

I need RP help pls!

Guest BaungCDXX

Guest BaungCDXX

I don't know how to role play, the way I'm expected to here.

I really don't have the interest in creating any out of game stories, I'm not a writer, and have no aspirations to do any, I simply prefer to roleplay within the game, playing with little quirks*, and developing my character through game play...

I'm not a total stick in the mud, and am more than happy to play along when the time comes, but how my character came to be is irrelevant to me, both ooc, and in-character, since this is the story he's got to live with now...

Can anyone help turn this into a compatible RP, so I can just get back to killing zombies on a server that doesn't completely suck the fun out of this cool environment?

*such as preferring Pepsi to Coke, or refusing to eat canned sardines, even if it means starving to death.

The background requirement is, I think, just an effort to have someone demonstrate they are here to play the game IC. I don't think you really need to go into your character's childhood experiences or anything, just get something down to give us an idea that when the time comes, you can be in character.

If you don't want to confine yourself to a specific background, try perhaps just ICly describing a day or two through the eyes of your character. Just think of some of the tense situations you've been through in the game, then write them out as if you/your character lived through them. When it comes to talking about his past, just jot something down about how your character gets emotional, maybe just doesn't like to think of it, or the old standby amnesia bit. Plenty of ways to avoid having to flesh it all the way out if you want a free hand for development.

I don't think you need a novel, but if it's too much to just get a paragraph or two down describing the atmosphere of DayZ from an IC perspective, I think you might be in the wrong place.

Guest BaungCDXX

Probably. I'm not here to role play any other role than "guy who woke up on an island full of zombies."

I prefer to focus on the Play, and not the role...the role just comes naturally through play...

Any time I try, it's always like you say, the amnesia, or some other tired cliche, at which point, everyone and his brother knows I'm just phoning it in..which pretty much seems like it defeats the purpose.

hi i is am writing bakstories for 10 euros, pm me for paypal detail

Thanks, but if it came to that, I'll just copy paste one from google for free, thanks :)

whatever...never mind..

I just want to play a video game..I don't want to write a story about how I play a video game...I waste enough time as it is...

Thanks to the Server for letting me play up until now :) It WAS fun..

*such as preferring Pepsi to Coke, or refusing to eat canned sardines, even if it means starving to death.

That's the kind of RP we're talking about. You really don't need the background info, in fact, that's the least concern, but you need to be able to say things like "This wood is wet" instead of "The fireplace is glitchy" (example taken from an experience I had back in Elektro). In other words, treat your experiences in-game as you would in real-life, rather than treating it as a game. If OOC is absolutely necessary, I would advise using OOC tags, such as [[texthere]] or //texthere. That's what roleplay's really about. Say, have you ever acted, for say, a play? If you're good at that, you're good to go!

hi i is am writing bakstories for 10 euros, pm me for paypal detail

He's obviously joking, but I can provide a backstory for free. Just gimme details, and I'll also appropriate it into the Armaverse, because I like it that way :D

Guest BaungCDXX

but you need to be able to say things like "This wood is wet" instead of "The fireplace is glitchy"

ahh...I understand.

Yeah, frankly, I'm not mentally stable enough to let myself pretend I'm not playing a video game...I'd be one of those guys that never comes back/gets locked up for being bat shit crazy in real life...

Yeah, frankly, I'm not mentally stable enough to let myself pretend I'm not playing a video game...I'd be one of those guys that never comes back/gets locked up for being bat shit crazy in real life...

I'm already quite insane (not clinically... yet), so I'm already there :P. I sometimes RP offline (such as replying "Thank you" to bots in games like Battlefield 2 single player after they revive me back in Indonesia when I still played it) which is useless, since I would be RP'ing to AI... But since you're online, you're RP'ing with other batshit crazy people, so it ain't so bad if it's collective right?

But in conclusion, I'm not too sure this server would be too right for you if you can't Roleplay. But carry on then, your opinion may vary later on.