Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 04:44

Zombie damage...Eh...

Mace

I know it seems as if it makes the game more realistic (At least to the extent that realism can be played out in a zombie apocalypse) but the new, heightened damage for zombies is killing the playstyle for the kind of character I'd like.

Now it may just be that I'm not good at this game, I will admit I'm still what many would call a Bambi, but my character is majorly focused on using his axe, and I don't know if this is simply an issue with me, but getting in close with zombies means I'm going to get hit. The issue is that I get hit even when it looks (To me at least) like I shouldn't.

Being in the US I obviously suffer a higher ping than those closer to the server, and I often have an issue of killing a zombie who doesn't look as if he has even attacked only to suddenly flash a second later with the telltale black and white colors of damage. In the previous version of the game where zombie damage wasn't a great worry or you could at least gobble some food to try to regain what you lost, but now that four hits seems to put me in a very dangerous situation and the fact that zombies can glitch through walls and hit you when they, in all fairness, shouldn't be able to, I find that the few of us who actually LIKE to use melee weapons aren't going to be able to do so without a lot of deaths and a lot of retraining ourselves in our DayZ strategy.

This could, I admit, just be me bitching, but I feel that adding things that all but cut off the ability to play something you like detracts from RP. My character was established and I've made mention that he is not a good shot, he doesn't have good vision, and anything close to him is better dealt with using an axe. Add to this the fact that trying to communicate in game draws zombies from quite a ways away and the fact that they're rather observant buggers despite the fact that their eyes are rotting, and it seems like I would do better to just try to delete the character I have and create something different who specializes in at least mid-range combat or sniping.

Yes, being close to zombies is stupid when you have guns, but not everyone is good with guns. Yes, he could get training, but until then he's still left with the weapon he's come to depend on from an IC perspective.

I'd like at least some decrease in the damage that zombies do, and I may be one of the only others who want this (I assume Hatchet Hero would agree if he weren't on holiday but you know what they say about assuming), and I know there have been quite a few people who have applauded the fact that zombies do more damage because they pose more of a threat to them. That threat is nothing but a death sentence to anyone who might want to try with melee weapons, at least with my admittedly low level of skill.

I'd like for this to at least go into consideration though, or you can just post that I'm being stupid and I need to lern2playgud. Either way.

I can't really endorse this idea. Whilst the new zombie damage has caused myself more trouble than usual I've nothing but love for it.

Players actually fear zombies now. Rather than them being some minor nuisance in a military long ranged combat simulator.

This mod is about the zombies again and here's to them being the focus of this game again!

Huzzah!

• Legend

I sympathize with your position, but I've got to wholly embrace Murray's perspective.

As fantastic as the hatchet is, it's just not a practical weapon for long-term survival without a bit more practice. You can get there (I'm not saying you lack skillz), you're gonna get hurt, a lot, if you use a hatchet for a primary, but if you focus on stealth and only take the shots you know you'll land, it can be done. There is hope. Especially if you have a medic friend ;)

Even so, I'd recommend you get a trusty sidearm as backup, at the very least. And train up those running muscles as well as the shoulders and arms.

Driving down the freeway in 100 km/h got knocked out by a crawling zombie i ran over.

Surely the cars shoudnt work as a safe haven but having to bloodbag 4/5 people in the car after driving throug cherno is simply retarded

Its not the damage for me its that they hit you in cars AND the extra damage it piles up way to much. Loosing 8k blood while never slowing under 50km/h in a town. BORKED

Even though I do find the "melee" combat in DayZ great fun; I can't really say I have a problem with thee zombie damage being increased. (Even though I haven't actually experienced the new damage due to me being in kilt land)

Players actually fear zombies now. Rather than them being some minor nuisance in a military long ranged combat simulator.

This mod is about the zombies again and here's to them being the focus of this game again!

Huzzah!

That. The main problem with zombies in DayZ is that they were little more than things that would fuck with your aim if you were trying to kill/rob someone. It's great to see zombies becoming an actual threat rather than just a annoying distraction.

I have no problems with the zombie damage.

I do, however, have issues with how much faster they seem to run. It's almost impossible to lose them now unless you actively make them zig zag and stop-start run... which you shouldn't have to do, since it's not a natural movement for the game to use.

I say keep the damage, slow them down slightly.

To be honest no one fears them now, they just do flat out way too much damage. Instead of the game being harder you have to crawl up to loot spots which takes upwards of 10 minutes to reach where ever you want to go. With the zombies getting aggro over nothing these days increasing their damage is just ridiculous.

There is no fun when it comes to playing the actually game anymore if we leave out clan fights and times of RP. There is no point taken out zombies silently because they just keep on spawning. Also zombies damaging you in cars is just stupid seeing as one zombie runs up does a attack on the car and 4 people get put on half blood, its not so bad with normal zombie damage but now its just annoying.

Also why would you even increase the zombie damage when the zombies themselves have horrible pathing and bug through every building? Not to mention the one hit knockouts and one hit broken legs.

ALSO its not realistic, zombies are just hitting you with their bare hands..if we went for realism here you would probably decrease the zombie damage..nobody can really cry and say it benefits realism.

If you want to go for realism in terms of a zombie mod then surely one bite is enough to turn you into a zombie?

If you're seriously moaning about zombies being too much of a threat then I propose you find another ARMA2 mod, there are plenty out there that allow you to rob and roam in clans to your hearts content.

Keep zombies as they are.

If you want to go for realism in terms of a zombie mod then surely one bite is enough to turn you into a zombie?

If you're seriously moaning about zombies being too much of a threat then I propose you find another ARMA2 mod, there are plenty out there that allow you to rob and roam in clans to your hearts content.

ok dude. suggestions?

ok dude. suggestions?

Suggestions for what? This mod is working fine as it is, besides a few issues with fps drop, I don't see what the fuss is all about. I've died a few times now to the new zombie damage, but its making me alter my gamestyle and I feel like when I first played DayZ, fear and immersion is at its all time high again.

If you're asking about other mods, I'm sure the takistanlife and wasteland servers can fufill your open world zombie-free needs.

I didn't mean they are a threat, I meant they are just blown out of proportion and are having far to many negative effects on the server for EVERYONE. No matter how good your PC is you've lost a lot of frames, Rolle could only get 30 FPS (which is good) in major cities and he has a monster of a pc. Before zombie change I got well over 45 FPS and my PC sucks compared to his.

Its not the damage causing the problems but it is magnifying them.

I agree with removal of zombie damage while driving. Driving over zombies was bugged in the first place, but now it's simply ridiculous, with the ability to damage you while in motion. I broke my leg driving with a friend running down a zombie. When you think about it, zombies can't always hit inside the vehicle, after all they can only really hit through the windscreen or side windows. So in a sense, it can be a "safe haven".

I agree with Jerryski and Broseph. Was driving and hit zombie and lost almost all my blood, and then a zombie hit me through a wall after a blood bag and i had almost no blood left yet again.

Its making it not as fun, because you cant out run them and then on top of that, they can do way to much damage, just lower it a bit more.

Just my two cents, I know its supposed to be about the zombies, but still. :P

• Emerald

Either disable the respawning to a point where you can actually kill them and catch your breath or find a way to have them run in a straight line.

That or reducing the damage with say...25% would go a long way with keeping everyone satisfied

Guest BadNinja

I understand they wanna make the zombies stronger so that this actually feels like a survival zombie mod.

But zombies running after your ass with unlimited stamina and same speed as you, isnt exciting to me and seems shitty to.

slower the zombies or lower the damage quzz this is ridiculous!!!

I understand they wanna make the zombies stronger so that this actually feels like a survival zombie mod.

But zombies running after your ass with unlimited stamina and same speed as you, isnt exciting to me and seems shitty to.

Or stop aggroing zombies or kill them or stay away from cities if you don't have a decent firearm.

As you yourself said;

• Emerald

Or stop aggroing zombies or kill them or stay away from cities if you don't have a decent firearm.

As you yourself said;

Doesn't matter. even with for example a m4a3 cco the Z's still zigzag, it wouldnt be a big problem the damage if they ran in a straight line giving us a fair fight, that or stop the zombie respawning so that you could initiate a sweep through a city, clearing out the zombies so that you can properly loot it.

Guest BadNinja

Thats a good one! kill them so that more zombies will apear?

Stop agrroing? zombies can spot you from ridiculous distance.

Stop agrroing? zombies cant spot you from ridiculous distance.

Zombies seem to hear you a mile away if you're walking on paved roads...

Guest BadNinja

Stop agrroing? zombies cant spot you from ridiculous distance.

Zombies seem to hear you a mile away if you're walking on paved roads...

whoops typo there.

I meant to say "Can" not "Cant" :P