Server time (UTC): 2021-10-18 08:12

About DayZRP Mod.

Infinity

Before the mod i could play in this server where there was 40 players with 15-30 fps in towns. And now i only get 10-20 fps and out of town with 30players and about 8-15 In town. How is that possible ? And the problem is not only for me fps for all my friend dropped for about 10-20.

• MVP

You are not alone. My FPS decreased as well...

• Legend

We must all pull together and blame Jamie.

And mine... But i think the main issue is the amount of players close to TP atm...

it will not change. even before the server was opened I warned about this. Its because of the current TP location. it's between two major cities so everyone is there looting and stuff that is making a lot of zombies to spawn and zombies are the reason of this lag. they need to place the trading post in a different location in order to fix this issue. My suggestion would be the old trading post. it was just perfect

before the wipe there was rarely anyone at cherno or electro and there was no lag. but now there is always someone there and they usually spawn a lot of zombies.

Its about all zombies spawning by vehicles.

nah. zombies were spawned by vehicles on previous server and it didn't cause any problems. major lag and fps drops started only after wipe. I never had so few fps in the entire dayz career

And mine... But i think the main issue is the amount of players close to TP atm...

it will not change. even before the server was opened I warned about this. Its because of the current TP location. it's between two major cities so everyone is there looting and stuff that is making a lot of zombies to spawn and zombies are the reason of this lag. they need to place the trading post in a different location in order to fix this issue. My suggestion would be the old trading post. it was just perfect

before the wipe there was rarely anyone at cherno or electro and there was no lag. but now there is always someone there and they usually spawn a lot of zombies.

The geography and atmosphere of the old trading post was perfect, but it was too far away. Honestly I'd say near the center of the map, on a hill like the last TP would be much better. Its just awkward where it is now, and the zombie spawning kind of kills immersion. When I first saw the TP, it was like the light at the end of the tunnel. A safezone on a well defendable hill, secluded, and with a nearly unlimited supply of food, water, gasoline and other stuff. The current one just doesn't make sense in RP.

I don't know the actual cause. imo its the trading post location which is making too many zeds to spawn but this really needs fixing. and someone should do it asap... I don't want to loose all these new players whom are joining the server every hour

The geography and atmosphere of the old trading post was perfect, but it was too far away. Honestly I'd say near the center of the map, on a hill like the last TP would be much better. Its just awkward where it is now, and the zombie spawning kind of kills immersion. When I first saw the TP, it was like the light at the end of the tunnel. A safezone on a well defendable hill, secluded, and with a nearly unlimited supply of food, water, gasoline and other stuff. The current one just doesn't make sense in RP.

you are absolutely right mister

• MVP

The FPS drop is most likely caused by a lot of players being in the same vicinity together, along with the fact that we're running 2 servers again. It shouldn't have anything to do with zombies spawns and code (As these were unchanged (if even lowered) from 1.7.5.

The FPS drop is most likely caused by a lot of players being in the same vicinity together, along with the fact that we're running 2 servers again. It shouldn't have anything to do with zombies spawns and code (As these were unchanged (if even lowered) from 1.7.5.

Its something with the mod i can honestly say that. Becouse when i playd normal RP1 without i a mod i had fps with 40-50 players like now 10-20players, and when i playd dayz test there were 3players in the server with me. And i had the same low FPS. and btw

The FPS drop is most likely caused by a lot of players being in the same vicinity together
It does not do anything. becouse i cna be in every place at the map and it will still give me the same FPS.
  • MVP

Its something with the mod i can honestly say that. Becouse when i playd normal RP1 without i a mod i had fps with 40-50 players like now 10-20players, and when i playd dayz test there were 3players in the server with me. And i had the same low FPS. and btw

The FPS drop is most likely caused by a lot of players being in the same vicinity together
It does not do anything. becouse i cna be in every place at the map and it will still give me the same FPS.

I can guarantee you that is has nothing to do with the mod, as I've played on it for a very long time now and we've never had a lag issue. If anything, it could be the server or 1.7.5 (Which it generally is). But we are soon going to fix that.

players do not cause lag. zombies do. since they take the same amount of resources as player (they have same models and hit points) we need to reduce the amount of zombie spawn OR reduce the amount of players in major cities (re-place the trading post. I suggest the previous location it was just perfect)

• MVP

players do not cause lag. zombies do. since they take the same amount of resources as player (they have same models and hit points) we need to reduce the amount of zombie spawn OR reduce the amount of players in major cities (re-place the trading post. I suggest the previous location it was just perfect)

Actually, players cause much more lag and latency issues. Zombies are generally decided/spawned on your client side, and are processed further there. If there are other players, then those locations are broadcast to the server for which then it takes over. But player aren't handled clientside and have to be balanced whenever they are connected. They are live-updated and their positions are broadcasted to all of the players in the server (which is why ESP works). If there are a lot of players in the vicinity (even if you dont see them), the game still updates them, their direction, position, what they have, what they are doing, etc. Your computer has to calculate all of this as well as anything else going on in the server (such as zombies/vehicles).

but when you think about one player at cherno spawning like 50 zombies that makes a huge difference. lol :D we need to fix it asap because it is a serious issue :) I would love to see less lag on the server I hope you will guys take our advice and start making some changes :)

• MVP

but when you think about one player at cherno spawning like 50 zombies that makes a huge difference. lol :D we need to fix it asap because it is a serious issue :) I would love to see less lag on the server I hope you will guys take our advice and start making some changes :)

We are taking your advice :P, its not like I'm trying to fight you or anything. We're working on it.

We are taking your advice :P, its not like I'm trying to fight you or anything. We're working on it.

ofc dude :) I'm sure you want to provide the best service possible