Server time (UTC): 2020-01-19, 06:08 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
MARINE6165

Anyone up for making a survivor trading outpost/camp at mishkino military tents?

There's a reason for the lack of safe havens...

My character has been chasing one rumor of survivor camps after another, and I always seem to get to the location it's supposed to be too late.

There's a reason for the lack of safe havens...

My character has been chasing one rumor of survivor camps after another, and I always seem to get to the location it's supposed to be too late.

Same :P

There are safe places. But you won't find them on the forums. You'll either find them, or you'll find the remnants of them.

To be a little blunt though, chap. I'd suggest spending a little more time around on the server itself before attempting to create a safezone community. It's a huge undertaking to try and do, and even big players struggle to get one up and running for a long period of time. Try just making a little camp for yourself, and any friends you might have, and just be welcoming to anyone that stumbles across you. ^^

I'm currently drafting up plans to establish a trader/survivor tavern near Krasnostav. I think establishing trader camps too close to military loot spawns is just calling out for bandits attack, but that is my opinion. If you'd like to be a part of this trader/survivor tavern, PM me. Cheers.

I'm currently drafting up plans to establish a trader/survivor tavern near Krasnostav. I think establishing trader camps too close to military loot spawns is just calling out for bandits attack, but that is my opinion. If you'd like to be a part of this trader/survivor tavern, PM me. Cheers.

I would be all for helping as would some other people I know, but my experience with it seems to be:

- establish camp

- bandit groups harrass you endlesslly

- bandit group #s >>>>>>>>>> traders/good people

It is like trying to establish a koolaid stand in the middle of a penal colony for predators. If my experience is a representative sample of the community there are more people genuinely interested in playing robbers than cops, by a magnitude of 100. I am sorry if that is negative, but it is what I have experienced none the less, to the point of being absurd.

It basically boils down to this: Just take a quick look at the "groups" page. Everyone wants to be the most badass super soldier of the apocalypse, almost nobody wants to RP a civilian. This is what kept me from the mod and it's a bummer to see SA going there fast too.

It reminds me of little kids playing dress up and everyone just has to be the cowboy with the most awesome gun andy they just can't hold themselves back. 101st this 501st that Special Recon everything Super Space Navy Seal, People's Army Liberation blah blah blah. No imagination just a redo.

What's really silly to see is that it's most often the community's official leaders who are ignoring the desired lore is it was layed out and creating super soldier unit groups one after the other, trying to outdo each other. Perhaps it's their right to do so, but it looks like it's heading quickly toward a redo of the mod, which is very sad because SA offered a chance for something different than military clan war ego fantasy.

Anybody else tired of the endless ghillie suits and military clans and think this might have something to do with this?