Server time: 2018-08-16, 04:32 WE ARE RECRUITING

Sign in to follow this  
Megapuncher

Handcuffing/KoS rule

Since KoS rule states the player should be left in a state of probable survival, i feel as if putting a bag over ones head, cuffing him in pristine handcuffs isnt really following this rule. I know role play over rule play but leaving someone with a black screen to tap A and D until either key breaks is problematic. Whats the admins word on this?

I personally don't see a problem with it. I believe the rule more so involves leaving the player with food and drink....

Since KoS rule states the player should be left in a state of probable survival, i feel as if putting a bag over ones head, cuffing him in pristine handcuffs isnt really following this rule. I know role play over rule play but leaving someone with a black screen to tap A and D until either key breaks is problematic. Whats the admins word on this?

I would say that is a violation of that rule. Anything could happen and it is known that infected have glitched through walls before. If you where left in the open, that worse. Also, not everyone know about the a d wiggle option either.

I'd say it depends on other factors. Did you escape? Did they they leave you with food and water? We're you in an area food and water are easily accessed? Were you injuried in any way? If not, I see no issues if you were not harmed and things were nearby or obtainable for your survival.

As long as food and water are either left at your feet or are nearby, there is no issue. If they are left cuffed and with a bag on their head, then there is probably good reason for it like not taking the risk of having the victim following their assailants.

Zombies glitching through walls is a problem but not one that should have rules around the possibility of it happening. Zombies did the same thing in the mod. If people don't know how to break restraints, they can figure it out on their own.

If you where left in the open, that worse. Also, not everyone know about the a d wiggle option either.

This happened to me, they left me, I knew you could break them but I didn't know how, I tapped all keys I could, Q + E, A + D but nothing happened and then a zombie came from nowhere and killed me.

I got pretty pissed and was going to report, BUT, is this Really a violation? I don't know, even if I died with awesome gear, it's more of a small "personal vendetta" to report someone for this, they didn't know that I had no idea I could break out of the cuffs. That's like reporting someone because "they left me with food but I didn't know how to eat it because I died".

You Can survive, but I didn't know how to do it, and I was very unlucky to get killed by a zombie I must say. I wouldn't say this is rule breaking, just a cruel punishment from two bandits :D

It was more my fault for not knowing the game mechanics, but now I do so next time I will know how to survive, you learn new stuff everyday :)

EDIT: Is there a way to get the bag off your head? Because that would be a different situation, because if you can't remove it, that would be rule-breaking according to me because you can't do anything about it!

EDIT: Is there a way to get the bag off your head? Because that would be a different situation, because if you can't remove it, that would be rule-breaking according to me because you can't do anything about it!

You can remove the bag if you are not restrained by right clicking it.

You can remove the bag if you are not restrained by right clicking it.

Oh okay, well then I don't consider this rulebreaking at all :)

I think that as long as the player is in reasonable health and left with some food and water it isn't breaking the rule.

I think I might know the situation you are talking about. Some friendly survivors told me how they handcuffed a bandit who tried to rob one of them and left him in Gorka police station with a bag over his head, so he wouldn't follow them.

If that was you and the story is true then you got away easy.

IC I applauded them, being a citizen of Gorka myself.

A part of me feels it should be bannable and a part of me doesnt. I mean this could be pretty easily abused and be a trolling/griefing tactic. but then again, it should be part of the game because its a realistic tactic. I dont think you should just leave someone with a bag on their head and restrained though... If you do blind and restrain them, you should keep them hostage. and with you.

/moved to questions

If you have the means to escape and food and water either on you or nearby I do not see a problem.

If it was abused or used to troll and what not then it could be considered bad RP but for RP it makes sense to leave them blind while they make their escape.

To go a little more in depth of what happened basically i was in the police station at gorka, found someone and robbed him. He complied all fine but when i left the building i see 2 people infront of the building opening fire on me as if they knew exactly what was going on. I hid in a room when they were yelling me to come out with all my gear dropped. Yadda yadda yadda they left me handcuffed out the front of the building with no gear whatsoever in my clothing, broken legs and with a burlap sack on my head. After about 7 minutes of constant A and D i broke free but crawled around the town for another 20 minutes to find something to make a splint out of. During all that time i could have easily starved or been beaten to death by a zombie. @Shanoby i think you met the group of people i've seen. The only real issue i see with this is the fact they left me with broken legs and no means to fix it, in bad health/already very hungry after i broke free and pristine cuffs which take a long, very boring time to break out of.

To go a little more in depth of what happened basically i was in the police station at gorka, found someone and robbed him. He complied all fine but when i left the building i see 2 people infront of the building opening fire on me as if they knew exactly what was going on. I hid in a room when they were yelling me to come out with all my gear dropped. Yadda yadda yadda they left me handcuffed out the front of the building with no gear whatsoever in my clothing, broken legs and with a burlap sack on my head. After about 7 minutes of constant A and D i broke free but crawled around the town for another 20 minutes to find something to make a splint out of. During all that time i could have easily starved or been beaten to death by a zombie. @Shanoby i think you met the group of people i've seen. The only real issue i see with this is the fact they left me with broken legs and no means to fix it, in bad health/already very hungry after i broke free and pristine cuffs which take a long, very boring time to break out of.

They left you without food, water and in a position you would not survive. When someone handcuffs you, doesn't it say the persons name in chat? Like how it says "X is giving Y an IV Bag?" If it did, do you have the persons name?

No. I really dont think they put too much thought into it anyway and i survived in the end so i dont see a point in disrupting their play. They'll probably see this thread and think about some ingame consequences of the thingsthey do. In the end its RolePlay not RulePlay nor RePorted.

In regards to your leg - Yes you should have been left with at very least the means to fix your broken leg afterwards

Drink and food perhaps depending on where you are. Because there are at least apple/berries and streams/wells around, it would apply if you were left in the middle of nowhere for sure.

Do you believe your question has been answered Mega?

It has been 5 days since your last response, for now I will mark this as /Solved.

Feel free to ask any more questions regarding the topic.