Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 06:13

The Story of Jack Daniels

Born in the small city of Kingston Ont in July, father was a profeesor at the local university, mother a nurse at the cancer treatment center. There was a large military base not far from my home, I would spend hours there watching the soldiers training. Even then I knew I wanted to join their ranks. Following my graduation from high school I had my father immediatly drive me to the local recruiting office, the mediacal was a breeze, the people seem kind, even friendly. That wasn't going to last.......

The training was intense, from jogging for miles, to countless hours on the target range. Gradually it became easier, I could run for miles, hit the targets with eaze. Once training was done I was given my assigment. To my dissapointment I was assigned to a security detail to a bunch of doctors and scientists, uggg the bordom.

At first we were hearing few rumours from acros the ocean of a strange virus, but as the days went by the details of the roumours became know, it was straight from a horror story. And the horror story was about to become a reallity, our detachment was issed traveling orders, stright into the thick of it..

We were sent to Cheranus as part of a small Canadian military unit to help control the iffection as well as give our assistance in finding the cure. My part of the mission was to provide security for the Medical staff, keep the infected away by any means necessary.....

It was a losing battle from day one, one by one my assosiates were infected until at last it was just me, crouching, watching from my deer stand until being overwheled became certain. Seeing my former comrades wandering the field mindless, stagering, attacking anything that came too close that was still lucky enough to draw breath, it was terrifying to watch. Fearing that I would soon join the rank of the infected I fled to the north with what equipment I could scrounge from my immediate vicinity, I fled North, living off streams, ponds any meat I was lucky enough to bring down.....

Was this curse restricted only to this land or had it somehow spread to my city,is my family alright or are they mindless zombies. I tried not to think on it, I was alone, the sole survivor, or so I thought....

Seeing fresh tracks in the soil, organised tracks, tracks made with a purpose. Tracks from living people!!! I thought I was alone, could I be wrong? Is there hope??? I follow the tracks into the distance detirmined to find out the answers......