Server time (UTC): 2021-10-18 08:28

DayZ Commander won't install

So I was starting up dayz commander just like normal when AVG tells me about a Trojan in dayz commander, I tell it to remove it and it successfully did. I launch it again, but it can't find the program anymore. Instead of finding the path for it I decided to uninstall it and try to re-install it.

Everything goes fine until I get to the actual installation when this happens: 2qx6b0p.png

I used the default installation path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dotjosh Studios\DayZ Commander\".

I thought it was because something with administrator rank, so I right-click it and there was no option to launch it as administrator, but then I wen't to properties -Z Compability and tried to check the "Run this program as administrator", but was unable to?

246nluv.png

So I was starting up dayz commander just like normal when AVG tells me about a Trojan in dayz commander, I tell it to remove it and it successfully did. I launch it again, but it can't find the program anymore. Instead of finding the path for it I decided to uninstall it and try to re-install it.

Everything goes fine until I get to the actual installation when this happens: 2qx6b0p.png

I used the default installation path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dotjosh Studios\DayZ Commander\".

Try running the installer as administrator

• MVP

Very strange indeed.. hmm trying to find a solution...

• MVP

Kaspersky FTW. And ZeroXiz, learn to computer.

• MVP

No, not if it is a False Positive. In this case it apparently is. Anti-Viruses are flagging the latest update (Probably has something to do with the registry).

But normally yeah, It would.

EDIT: It just happened again, I'll do a bit of testing to see if it is actually something. Searching online, nobody seems to know exactly what causes it, but it is apparently a false positive.