Server time (UTC): 2021-10-26 11:43

Server wide roleplaying events

Roland

• Server Manager

Please post your ideas for RP events that could be made by staff on the new DayZRP server.

1. Random Emegency Broadcast System messages that mark location of valuable care packages.

2. US military convoy enters Chernarus through the western border and drives through the map. Helps survivors with medical supplies and food, uses heavy firepower on bandits. Exits through north border.

3. US navy ship off the coast of Chernarus broadcasts coordinates for an evacuation zone somewhere in Chernarus. A navy chopper with soldiers arrives to pick up non-infected survivors in a BlackHawk. Survivors are taken back to the ship - DayZ "You Win" screen (ideas?).

4. Russian armed forces Spetsnaz team enters Chernarus from the north and secures a military camp somewhere in Chernarus. They have valuable high-tech military equipment. Will you join them or fight them?

• Server Manager

What's with all this foreign assistance? What about government assistance from the central government back in Novigrad?

The Chernarussian government has fallen, almost everyone is dead :P

The Chernarussian government has fallen, almost everyone is dead :P

So the disease only attacks Chernarussians? Why is that then? Not everyone else who also lives in Chernarus? (Though I have to say, it's kinda similar to 28 Weeks Later in how Chernarus needs foreign assistance)

2. US military convoy enters Chernarus through the western border and drives through the map. Helps survivors with medical supplies and food' date=' uses heavy firepower on bandits. Exits through north border.[/quote']

This was interesting! ^^

• Emerald

1. Random Emegency Broadcast System messages that mark location of valuable care packages.

This +1

• MVP

Too many positive events , lets provide also negative/posing threat :

Mysterious operatives travelling through Chernarus taking stops at strategic places (areas of military,medical spawns). Clothed in for example suits from here : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18238

Their task is to kill/kidnap survivors for their medical studies. (as survivors somehow are partially immune when 99% of population got infected)

In return they would travel in armoured vehicles (not armed ones or with light guns), and would carry good western/eastern weapons with heaps of ammunition.

Try to avoid them, or attack for loot reward.

A documentary crew has gone missing, fleeing for their lives as zombies attacked the small safe-zone they had been taken to to begin filming. It's an opportunity for various groups to attempt to find the crew, following a series of tips and trails (like an easter egg hunt) allowing them to:

A. Save them, getting possible access to an evac chopper scheduled to take them to safety.

B. Take them hostage, to demand supplies or bounty in exchange for their lives.

Or C. Something else entirely...?

Skins available: Faux News Reporters

Everything you just said, Rolle :D

And lol Reacher, that's not a zombie version of the film Argo or anything :P

Haven't seen Argo. I don't believe it's even released in Australia yet. That wasn't my plan, anyway, it was more the thrill of racing against other groups to decipher clues and find something/someone... like the Amazing Race, in zombie infested wastelands.

• Legend

Or we could make a hostage event (Where KOS would be allowed for the ones participating), and the rescuers would have to find means to rescue the hostage(s).

Would be fun to have people defending devils castle or something while a group of survivors sneak up on them :P

• MVP

Or we could make a hostage event (Where KOS would be allowed for the ones participating), and the rescuers would have to find means to rescue the hostage(s).

Would be fun to have people defending devils castle or something while a group of survivors sneak up on them :P

What if this girl was held hostage? http://www.dayzrp.com/t-have-you-seen-this-girl

That would be an excellent storyline and one that could really draw deep on the creativity of the exceptional roleplayers on here.

Just an idea but if we use the stories that have been already created then you have enough for quite a few events.

• Legend

Territorial fight between two clans/groups, which could be anywhere on the map, and the clans/groups starts at a set distance from the target and have to take out the other team.

Atleast that was pretty awesome when we did it.

The admins and GMs set up a permanent camp, acting like a TP but more of a civilization, where players canapply for a "job" of the civilization like a Hunter. or something along those lines, the Admins and GMs police this civilization and any RPer can join the "town" use "Emergency broadcast systems" to tell the players?

kind of like what tor does, except it will be run by Admins/GMs only. but anyone can join the RP fun. *shrug*

Guest WaltteriH

At the end, there must be heli extraction fron Elektro Harbor to the Sea.

Starring:

[insert player name here]

Thanks to DayZRP & Staff

The admins and GMs set up a permanent camp, acting like a TP but more of a civilization, where players canapply for a "job" of the civilization like a Hunter. or something along those lines, the Admins and GMs police this civilization and any RPer can join the "town" use "Emergency broadcast systems" to tell the players?

This.. ^

I want the equivalent to Mega-ton in DayZRP so terribly bad... a junk fortress town... mmyesss....

• MVP

Most ideas suggested are good, but I get the feeling there's a bit too much "goody goody help is coming! :D"-positive spirit in many of the suggested events.

I dont want to drag up a big lore debate, but from what I heard the infection is not restricted to Chernarus. Even though the survivors themselves dont know that, I think that would be a factor to consider when taking foreign aid in account. I'd rather more leave it in the hands of the survivors themselves.

The exception for foreign aid could be if Chernarus had a particurly high strategic value of some sort. Perhaps its the point of origin for the disease, perhaps there are rumours that they were working on a cure at Green Mountain or hell, perhaps the remnants of some military is just desperate to purge themselves a safe zone at a poorly populated area.

Either way, I'd suggest something like this:

1: A fight for meager resources.

Food, water and medicine has grown scarcer(its now actually rarer loot) and people are getting desperate. In the midst of this crisis, a hidden stockpile is discovered and its location is radioed out by some mysterious individual with an unknown motive. The result? Factions and individuals all across Chernarus race towards the location(anywhere suitable) and a deadly fight begins for the location. All KoS rules are revoked for the area during a small duration in the evening of the event, and whatever faction(can also be several clans, alliances etc) that "controls"(a definition descided by a few select event moderators) the area wins a -whole mess- of supplies given to them at a different time and place(to prevent instant robbery).

Could be part of a bigger plot(see mysterious individual of unknown identity and motive)

2: Stranded ship

A deserted warship(frigate or maybe even an aircraft carrier) drifts close to the coast of Chernarus, its crew missing and its fate unknown. Like the first suggested event, several groups could fight for control of the ship(assuming its possible to easily access these ships somehow through boats or swimming and not just through chopper). The objective would be, like event nr.1, to maintain control of the ship after a specific time. The rewards could be several(resources, vehicles) but could also give the controlling group certain information that might help make them more central in a coming plot event of sorts.

Not much specific there really, but I just like the idea of involving a ship somehow into the RP atmosphere.

3: Infection madness

Infection rates are tempoarily raised by -extreme amounts- and the survivors of Chernarus face a pandemic. Let the battle for antibiotics and the isolation of forest camps commence.

Just brainstorming, I'll probably come up with some other ideas soonish.