Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 05:14

Chris, an aspiring writer

Chris

• MVP

[This will be much longer later, just copy pasted what I wrote for the new whitelist for now. First time I've written in a while, be gentle!]

He always felt stifled growing up in the country, his creative mind had no room to grow, didn't have enough of a variety of life to experience. As an aspiring writer, he felt he needed to get out and see the world, to get some real first hand experiences to draw from, and to actually visit the places he was writing about. He had an urge to write a novel set in the medieval era; that time period had always interested him as a child. Eastern European castles were plentiful, so he began touring them, staying in each county for only a week or two.

He was at Rog castle when he heard a helicopter pass overhead, then two, then three. At first he didn't give it a second thought, until he heard gunshots. Lots of gunshots. As he ran up the castle steps, he could hear engines, shooting, and screaming, mixed with a terrible groaning moan that echoed through the hills. In the distance, Electrozavodsk burned.

Ever since that panicky, terror-filled night, he didn't stay in one place for more than a night. The cities weren't safe anymore, filled to bursting with the animated corpses of civilian and soldier alike. Food was only an option once he managed to scavenge an axe at a nearby house, and broke into a house to raid their pantry. Fear drove him; fear of these creatures, the fear of not knowing what the next day would bring.

He heard the occasional engine sound, or gunshot coming from the cities, so clearly someone else had made it. One night he heard a womans voice echoing through the hills, half pleading and half sobbing. A gunshot, her scream, another gunshot, and silence. He didn't stop to sleep that night. Now there was another fear; not the fear that he was the only survivor, but the fear that he wasn't.

Food became scarce, and he was becoming desperate. Risking a trip to the outskirts of Electrozavodsk, he found a pitched tent next to a house, with a handwritten note stuck to the pole:

"This is the Electrozavodsk branch of the The Outpost Rangers. Inside are supplies that are free for all. Take what you need, leave what you can. Any Rangers in the area will be glad to help those in need of assistance. Stay safe, stay alive, and don't lose hope."

He had a shotgun now, thanks to those tents, and a belly full of food. 'These Rangers are all right', he thought. Curled up in that tent, with nothing but an extra shirt as a blanket, was the best sleep that he had had in weeks.

Outside, stealthy footsteps approached the tent....

• MVP

Ah, are you a local Chernarussian? By your name, I can see you're an immigrant. I like how you RP'ed the T.O.R though, I always invision them as this OOC clan (then again, you're part of them).

I'm going to be playing an American, as I don't feel like using a new accent in--game :P Just another foreigner stranded in Chernarus....

• Legend

*Deep, respectful bow*

Dude.

That was incredible. Granted, I'm not the most objective reader (the part about the Electro tent, I'm all "I put that tent there! I helped this poor soul.")

Those last three paragraphs are such a roller coaster. One moment I'm blinking away the ... uh, dust ... yeah, dust in my eye - the next I'm all "NOOOOooooo...."

I do so hope that it's a Ranger creeping up on that tent and not some bandit.

• MVP

*Deep, respectful bow*

Dude.

That was incredible. Granted, I'm not the most objective reader (the part about the Electro tent, I'm all "I put that tent there! I helped this poor soul.")

Those last three paragraphs are such a roller coaster. One moment I'm blinking away the ... uh, dust ... yeah, dust in my eye - the next I'm all "NOOOOooooo...."

I do so hope that it's a Ranger creeping up on that tent and not some bandit.

Glad you like it :D I'm leaving it open ended, going to try and use real in game experiences to continue the story.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • MVP

I REQUEST MORE NOW OR I BAN

I will work on it! No bans pls! QQ