Server time (UTC): 2020-12-02, 13:02
Sign in to follow this  
Vaine

Slaves?

At one during the mod having slaves /selling slaves was a common thing.

We then swayed with it and said it was taboo .

My question is with the move to standalone where do we stand with slavery?

Obviously it must be handled right that is a given, you don't want the person hating it.

Sooo what's peoples views on slavery?

Oh lawdy....

Alright so I have no problems with slavery....in the game. Now I say this, but I seriously dont think it should pop up as often as it could have in the mod because of the timeframe the SA is set in.

I seriously doubt that after 3 weeks to 3 months after the zombie apocalypse hit, people would be enslaving and cannibalizing others, hell, I bet half of you people would be reeling about the loss of the internet and your cellphones.

Wouldn't slavery conflict with powergaming?

My stance on it is that I think slavery would end up being a bad thing where people would rather get executed then be a slave even though that might conflict with NVFL. Even if the person wanted to be a slave I don't think that the standalone mechanics could support a 'slavery' system where the slave could just end up running away. If said slave was handcuffed what would a slave be used for? Seeing as it would just be another mouth to feed and it can't do anything handcuffed.

I don't know if it really fits in with the lore. Considering we are just starting out in this "fresh" apocalypse, I don't see why slave trading would become a "thing." Most people wouldn't lose all hope and start a slavetrading business a month or two after this all started, and I would think most people would still think that salvation is coming. The majority of the population wouldn't want to buy slaves anyways.

Personally, I don't see it working now, but I could definitely see it in the future. Just my 2 cents.

ATM, I'd say no.

By the lore, we are roughly 8 or so months into the infection. In modern times, most people completely abhor slavery. Two months is not enough time for somebody to develop a sudden willingness to abandon previously cemented morals.

Is slavery something that characters can develop a liking to? sure

Has there been enough time for this development to occur? not really

There's nothing wrong with having slaves, just be sure you don't cross the line. Make sure that you don't leave them sit, and actually RP with them or else it could get really boring for them.

When you take a slave though, don't get angry if they have to log off after a while.

There's nothing wrong with having slaves

o_o

Yeah, I agree with the others: Just like cannibalism, it's waaay too early for slavery.

Wouldn't slavery conflict with powergaming?

My stance on it is that I think slavery would end up being a bad thing where people would rather get executed then be a slave even though that might conflict with NVFL. Even if the person wanted to be a slave I don't think that the standalone mechanics could support a 'slavery' system where the slave could just end up running away. If said slave was handcuffed what would a slave be used for? Seeing as it would just be another mouth to feed and it can't do anything handcuffed.

No it is not power gaming. Power gaming

Slave escapes good on him, but at the same time depending who is Incharge of him I doubt he would 'run off' when his owner his armed

o_o

Yeah, I agree with the others: Just like cannibalism, it's waaay too early for slavery.

It's never too early to have a slave. Especially if you're the type of person who would trade a person for much needed supplies. There are many different benefits of having a slave, whether it's forcing the slave to carrying your inventory, gather supplies for you, use them as a navigator, or if you have executions rights, use them as zombie bait.

Anyways, I love roleplaying as a slave. It brings unique RP.

Keep in mind I'm just wanting to get opinions as it became pretty much against the rules to do on the mod

Weither slavery happens now or later is not my concern it is more 'are people happy with it this time around'

Again as I stated it would need to be handled correctly.

I'd like to also state I feel people give humans too much credit. Fuck you have slavery in the world at the moment.

Humans when things get grim can be very dark. Look how easy rioting happens nowadays.

In an apocalypse it would not take 'months' for people to begin showing a brutal side

o_o

It's never too early to have a slave. Especially if you're the type of person who would trade a person for much needed supplies. There are many different benefits of having a slave, whether it's forcing the slave to carrying your inventory, gather supplies for you, use them as a navigator, or if you have executions rights, use them as zombie bait.

Lol, I guess.

But I'd expect slavers to be treated just as harshly as cannibals, especially this early into the fiasco. xD Scum of the Earth, yeah-yuh.

o_o

Lol, I guess.

But I'd expect slavers to be treated just as harshly as cannibals, especially this early into the fiasco. xD Scum of the Earth, yeah-yuh.

Absolutely! It's the moral thing to do ^_^