Server time (UTC): 2020-12-01, 14:01
Sign in to follow this  
Oldman

First experience

So I played it for a bit, stolen some admins chopper and crashed(fackmos) then we played it serious. First off its easy to find stuff wich is good in my opinion. And you can spawn west center or East. This makes it easy to meet up with your friends.

Later we found a radio and listened in on the conversation of Nick and Rob. Wich was fun to listen to we tried to intercept them, but the hour of the day made me log off. I can see some potential with the lootable radio's. However so far I believe there is only one channel. I think we can use this for staff events or possibly a staff faction to use this.

I am still clueless about the building system ect, but that will come soon. Perhaps there is someone who can make a short guide so it does not demotivate you to play this mod.

I do feel the mod is very PvP focused with all the guns and gear around. I don't think the mod should be like the old dayzrp and its mod rules I think we need something fresh with a pvp element in it. We allready have SA wich is taking over the mod so this should not just be the same in my opinion.

Tell me about your first experience.

Guest jamuusio

So I played it for a bit, stolen some admins chopper and crashed(fackmos) then we played it serious. First off its easy to find stuff wich is good in my opinion. And you can spawn west center or East. This makes it easy to meet up with your friends.

Later we found a radio and listened in on the conversation of Nick and Rob. Wich was fun to listen to we tried to intercept them, but the hour of the day made me log off. I can see some potential with the lootable radio's. However so far I believe there is only one channel. I think we can use this for staff events or possibly a staff faction to use this.

I am still clueless about the building system ect, but that will come soon. Perhaps there is someone who can make a short guide so it does not demotivate you to play this mod.

I do feel the mod is very PvP focused with all the guns and gear around. I don't think the mod should be like the old dayzrp and its mod rules I think we need something fresh with a pvp element in it. We allready have SA wich is taking over the mod so this should not just be the same in my opinion.

Tell me about your first experience.

wait what! intercept us ? what did you had in mind ?

So it was you that crashed! haha bro I was coming to save you, I threw smoke so you could see me, we had our suspicions too ;) should team up, survive and do business together ha

Definitely need to get Arma 3 Epoch going. Sounds like you guys had fun.

Definitely need to get Arma 3 Epoch going. Sounds like you guys had fun.

The lag spikes were a little, annoying but all in general, good loot, good RP check out the media thread #Arma3WayForward

I can understand why you would want a bit more of a PvP focus, but I still think at the core should be RP focused no matter what. Sure, you can add a few more PvP elements and such, but that just shifts it away towards the core and brings in bad crowds. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Coming into the game I felt like I was going to try it out and play it for an hour or so before thinking that it was going to be shit (IMO PLS DON'T SLAY ME) just like the DayZ Epoch mod but surprisingly it was a lot of fun and I actually enjoyed the time I spent playing today. Hoping to get more people into it and I'm sure a lot more Europeans will come up and join seeing that when the server came up today it was right around the end of Euro peak times. People should really come and give it a try, it's got more of a military feel and I'm sure the base-building is nice (haven't gotten a chance to try it) and the radio RP that happens now and again keeps you from being bored when you don't see people around the area of the map that you are in.

I'm pretty exited to try this out tonight, Ill have to find a new group to play with though. #RIPB-17

I'm downloading it as we speak, looking forward to it. I've heard there's some scary motherfuckers with no arms who creep up behind you and scream in your ears... :(

Epoch was way more fun than i expected, the horror element made it all so perfect. I enjoyed the experience i got from masulii and matt, crawling through miles of sewers, not going what was going on and then suddenly getting ambushed by exploding monsters and people without arms. Twas a good makeshift group and it cuts a break from dayz.

I play on a potatoe so no ArmA 3 5me3

I didn't even know there were radios O.o

There are radios? :D

Me and Fackmos looted radio's of a dead guy, but hearing others in the radio made me believe they are not that rare. One channel so far to speak. I can see some good hostage negotiations coming with this.

Me and Fackmos looted radio's of a dead guy, but hearing others in the radio made me believe they are not that rare. One channel so far to speak. I can see some good hostage negotiations coming with this.

What was it named?

I can see references to different gem radios in the files

The thing is with radios is that you cant turn them off, so voices are still heard. :P have to put them in your backpack in order for people to stop sending you messages.. little bit of a nuisance but easily fixed none the less

I can understand why you would want a bit more of a PvP focus, but I still think at the core should be RP focused no matter what. Sure, you can add a few more PvP elements and such, but that just shifts it away towards the core and brings in bad crowds. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Coming into the game I felt like I was going to try it out and play it for an hour or so before thinking that it was going to be shit (IMO PLS DON'T SLAY ME) just like the DayZ Epoch mod but surprisingly it was a lot of fun and I actually enjoyed the time I spent playing today. Hoping to get more people into it and I'm sure a lot more Europeans will come up and join seeing that when the server came up today it was right around the end of Euro peak times. People should really come and give it a try, it's got more of a military feel and I'm sure the base-building is nice (haven't gotten a chance to try it) and the radio RP that happens now and again keeps you from being bored when you don't see people around the area of the map that you are in.

With PvP focus I mean in terms of events. There could be two factions for example that show up as events leaded by staff or experienced survivors. One faction could be evil and another faction could be good. I think the whole CTC Council thing is more fitting on Altis due to its size and new fresh lore to play with.

example of such events by using the radio you can loot:

- A message is broadcasted about a trade convoy that is looking for people to protect is in return for a reward(the new currency or some gear I don't know and fun of course). In return there is a chance you die during the convoy and not make it since it will be attacked by staff or possible roadblocked by survivors seeing that the its openly broadcasted on that frequenty. Obviously it needs to be clear what you are allowed to do and what not and I don't know if staff can spawn certain outfits in so people can look the part

- another example would be another message being broadcasted by maybe again the good guy's, but this time he might be giving information on the hostile convoy that is driving around and you are free to open fire upon them. This convoy should be leaded by staff and possible filled up with some volunteers(you will most likely die since you are the hostile faction and people would love to shoot at you). This would give you a more free rules of engagement, but can result in your own death since the hostile faction will not be pushovers.

The thing is with radios is that you cant turn them off, so voices are still heard. :P have to put them in your backpack in order for people to stop sending you messages.. little bit of a nuisance but easily fixed none the less

You can turn of VON in audio I believe. This way you still hear direct voices but all the other chats are muted.

>Looting, chilling, all good, planning a hideout.

>There she is, sexy black electric motorycle.

>driving on the highway, 120mph, do you even speed bitch?

>suddenly bridge.

>die and lose everything

>still happy.

First time playing Epoch, either in Arma 3 or 2 for that matter.

Found a way too sophisticated helicopter.

Flew around for 20 minutes in a rain storm, and then at the last possible second while landing carefully, flip the tail rotor, ass over tea kettle and detonate - big time.

10/10

I was jumped by a couple of AI bandits or something. Not cultists, they had guns but their aim was off big time.

First I thought it was a player blasting something but then I realized he was shooting at me. Dropped him, only to find another one trying to flank me, killed that one too. Ran off to get my truck so I could haul all the loots and heard couple of more shots behind me. Never found the third one, though.

Sign in to follow this