Server time (UTC): 2020-12-05, 01:49
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Altis or Stratis

Which map should we run (for now)?  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right now the Epoch is in early stages of development and only supports Altis and Stratis out of the box. Which map would you like to play?

Altis:

+ Variety of different environments

+ Beautiful landscape, towns, villages

- Huuuuuuuuuuge

- Performance wise more demanding than Stratis (more objects, NPCs, etc)

Stratis:

+ Compact, much smaller than Altis, easy to remember locations and navigate

+ More interaction between players

- Less variety of environments

- Can be crowded in certain popular points of interest

Vote!

Altis for sure

This one is really hard.

Like you said, Altis is really big and meeting someone might take some time, but I'll go with it anyways. Stratis is just to small and less beautiful :P

Altis. . . stratis is so barren. there is only like 3 places of intrest, and two of them are next to eachother

300th post ^_^

I'm thinking Altis, although it might be a bit big - it prevents the overcrowding of areas that Stratis would likely result in.

However, Stratis could easily have people have conflicts over territory due to the small environment and you're a lot more likely to get RP there.

Hard Choice, but I'd prefer Altis.

I like altis a bit more because it has more places to go. and IMO it really is not that big.

Why even ask when we are all going to say Altis. Except those who after this say Stratis because I said none would say it and those four that by this post want to see the world burn.

Whatever is smaller, Arma 3 maps are too big.

Stratis is nice and compact and allows everyone to be seeing each other and interacting, but because of that it also means it will be chaotic and hectic and buildings won't be that spread out. Stratis seems to me that it will provoke more conflict which I think needs to be somewhat avoided seeing what happened with our last Epoch server way back.

Altis is big and yes it has some performance issues, but it gives everyone breathing room and I think that is what we need to keep the Epoch environment healthy as best we can. So I'll vote Altis.

Altis. If you have ever tried any public Altis server, any mod, you will notice there is a good balance. It's just big enough to hide, but just small enough to run into people pretty constantly. I played a few months of Epoch on Altis in the first few Alpha versions, it's not too big of a map.. trust me.

Altis.

Landscapes and the size says pretty much it all. I don´t know how much can be altered, but just might as well have enough space for any plan imo.

Altis, much more interesting, waaaay less hills and actual cities instead of 8 house villages.

Also, due to its size, people can actually claim a piece of land without having to fight about it 24/7

I think we can overcome the negatives of Altis, but we can't overcome the negatives of Stratis. People will flock to certain locations making the distances on Altis allright. Also we are used to the walking simulator game called Dayz so it will work out just fine. Cars drive faster I guess there are cars in the mod???

Altis!

Don't want Altis in the long run but Stratis is WAY too tiny

Guest jamuusio

To me Chernarus just feels like the only real apocalypse. Stratis or Altis just doesn't have that feeling that Chernarus gives me.

Guest magw33d

Why don't you use Altis but have a restriction zone so that players aren't too far or few.

To me Chernarus just feels like the only real apocalypse.

A3 Epoch isn't set in an apocalyptic time, to my knowledge. The entire rest of the world is running as it normally would.

I think that Altis right now is a better map for epoch as there is a lot of land to beable to build stuff on.

Don't want Altis in the long run but Stratis is WAY too tiny

I agree with this, also i know Altis like the back of my patrol car ;-P

Will there be other maps added in the fucher?

I'd like to see something else then dull Altis.

Altis.. So we don't hane NLR broken as easily >:D

Will there be other maps added in the fucher?

I'd like to see something else then dull Altis.

Hopefully yes, personally I want Epoch Bornholm :)

Sign in to follow this