Server time: 2017-08-21, 23:55

Sign in to follow this  
Accadacca

About the whitelist application.Please staff members have a look!

Question

Accadacca    1

I spent a really long time looking for the passphrase,thank god i finnaly found it after looking for it for about 3 hours.I wrote the application whitelist,i sent it,had about 1000 words for KOS and NLR and i get rejected at first because apparantly i did not know what KOS is and hoes does it work on the server...Okay,i guess i didnt know.I wrote another application after 2 days with different KOS answer and i copy everything else,but i get rejected because of the NLR now....What can i say more?Different people looking at the whitelist applications and they are looking for different answers?Next time ill have a problem with the roleplay background...What am i to do here?

7 answers to this question

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Make sure to give examples when explaining the rules, also, quality over quantity

Sin    114

Former Admin here. Admins are under no obligation to point out every single error in a whitelist application; the first disqualifying mistake they see is enough for them to reject the application, and that's normally where they stop reading.

It is the applicant's duty to understand the rules and clearly express their understanding of them. Word count or time spent has nothing to do with it. I've seen people nail rule explanations in 4 lines of text. The trick there is to be concise, accurate and thorough. For each question, there are a certain number of key points that the Admins expect you to address. If you miss one or two, but your understanding is otherwise sound, they'll usually let it slide. Yes, different Admins look at the whitelist applications at different times, but I assure you that they all have a very clear understanding of what's required for a successful whitelist application, and they all agree on what the key points are.

Terra    1372

Thank you Sin. I could not have explained it better.

Make you sure you get some help. The community knows want we want to read. I suggest, before you send in another application, you get some help by the Community. Join Ts helpdesk and get some help by Staff.

Good luck to you

//Solved

Accadacca    1

That was not the point of my topic here.What i wanted to say is that once my NLR gets accepted and my application fails because of the NLR,the next time i write the application i change the KOS and the KOS its good,but the same NLR from the last application gets rejected..This i do not understand.Am i supposed to write other answers,i thought i can copy paste the answer if it was a good one..

Depends. As an Ex-Admin myself, and like Sin said, if the KOS was wrong sometimes we stop reading. So your NLR may have been wrong on the first try as well.

Terra    1372

As I told you, get yourself help. The community and all of the Staffmembers do know what a good application looks like. Post your application and get feedback. People will tell you what is good, what is wrong and what you might miss to mention. I suggest you do that before you send in your application.

Terra

Sin    114

Admins are under no obligation to point out every single error in a whitelist application

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you wrote below:

That was not the point of my topic here.What i wanted to say is that once my NLR gets accepted and my application fails because of the NLR,the next time i write the application i change the KOS and the KOS its good,but the same NLR from the last application gets rejected..This i do not understand.Am i supposed to write other answers,i thought i can copy paste the answer if it was a good one..

My understanding is that you applied once, got rejected for KoS explanation, applied again and got rejected for NLR.

OK, so since you got rejected for one thing one time, and another thing another time; it still does not mean that either one or both are correct and perfect now.

So yes, it's entirely possible that the next time you submit an application, it will get rejected for an incorrect explanation of KoS. That said, there's nothing wrong with copying your answers from previous applications. If you're satisfied that the answer is correct, that is the only criteria that matters.

Admins are not machines, and judging freestyle writing is a subjective thing. If there's any question in an Admin's mind, they will confer with another Admin - as many as required to reach consensus on whether to allow the answer to pass or not.