Server time (UTC): 2021-10-18 11:18

Preparing for release v2

Roland

• Server Manager

Another update on the upcoming release of DayZRP mod!

Donation shop:

More skins are to be added, female soldiers and some more camo's.

ClanCP:

You can now leave clans, clan rank system implemented, requires testing from the clans. There's a slight chance that the clan skin system may not be finished for the launch, but should be implemented within a week after.

Whitelist:

New whitelist application is now open!

Donors no longer get automatically whitelisted, everyone has to re-apply - donors, staff, regular players.

Server:

Automatic restarts implemented! Server now restarts at 6AM, 12AM, 6PM, 12PM UTC+1. What a relief.

Release:

Soon

• Emerald

Finally true DayZ.

No more shiny sports cars driving around filled up with heavily armed pimped out soldiers.

We need more hobo skins! :D

I have a concern about the new trading post location. I think it should be more up north. If the trading post will be close to electro and cherno it will cause massive lag and FPS issues for some players since zombies will be spawned most of the times. btw in a more RPGish manner imo trading post has to be a place to travel not a place for fresh spawned bambies to beg for items. it is something that you need to discover and travel in order to reach. Lets say there is a zombie outbreak. would survivors really build shelter and trading post right next to two major cities full of zombies? I don't think so

Guest Maggorra

Can you play as two characters on the server in the future?

Sometimes I want to play like a crazy person from somalia

Sometimes I want to be a little kinder loner

• MVP

Well the fact that the tradepost is built out of train parts means that it has to be near a train track and not in the middle of nowhere.

Also from a RP point of view, the tradepost is in a perfect spot between two major cities as this then lets people create incursions into them. Easier to scroounge for supplies, major transport links, easy access to the sea in case of rescue from boats.

Lots of reasons it could work.

Can you play as two characters on the server in the future?

Sometimes I want to play like a crazy person from somalia

Sometimes I want to be a little kinder loner

This would be a cool addition but there is always the problem when your two character become confused. Hard to keep track of both. Why not change your name and skin and roleplay as someone else and switch back? That could be possible with the new skins implemented and the clan skins.

Well the fact that the tradepost is built out of train parts means that it has to be near a train track and not in the middle of nowhere.

Also from a RP point of view, the tradepost is in a perfect spot between two major cities as this then lets people create incursions into them. Easier to scroounge for supplies, major transport links, easy access to the sea in case of rescue from boats.

but to be honest it will cause some major fps issues for some players and I think it should be considered

• MVP

but to be honest it will cause some major fps issues for some players and I think it should be considered

What causes the issues? Do you have fps drops at the current trade post?

I only drop in the cities or with millions of zombies. As far as I know the tradepost has none, but they do spawn in the buildings not far from it.

Guest Maggorra

Why not change your name and skin and roleplay as someone else and switch back? That could be possible with the new skins implemented and the clan skins.

that's what I do today. But my question is more if it is allowed? "stay in character" - am I allowed to play with two characters?

What causes the issues? Do you have fps drops at the current trade post?

I only drop in the cities or with millions of zombies. As far as I know the tradepost has none, but they do spawn in the buildings not far from it.

right now most of the population is hanging around stary, tradepost, nw airfield. if TP will be placed between cherno and electro everyone will go in these cities and spawn a ton of zombiez. since arma II is a piece of sh*t it loads all objects on the map that means every player will have a ton of zombies loaded all the time. this problem will not be present in standalone but here it can cause some fps issues for some players. because now some people have that problem only when server is full (when players have spawned a lot of zombies just by being spread across the map)