Server time: 2017-08-18, 12:23

Sign in to follow this  
Nihoolious

DayZ SA starts up but closes instantly

Question

Nihoolious    1096

So I recently switched back from the Experimental version of DayZ SA to the stable version and ran into problems.

First, right after I finished downloading the stable version, my download reset and it said I was verifying. After reaching 100%, it seemed to reset itself another two times so I closed out of Steam.

After restarting Steam, I tried to launch DayZ. The window saying "Preparing to launch DayZ" appeared and then closed. It showed the green outline around my avatar and said I was in game. Two seconds later, it disappeared and the game either never launched itself or closed immediately.

I tried to verify my game cache and it said there was another game or tool running when there wasn't one.

8 answers to this question

Rick    19

Sometimes this happens when your resolutions by default is incompatible. You have to go into your game files and manually change it. After that, it should hopefully launch correctly.

i had the same problem with garry's mod. I had to uninstall every game then uninstall steam

i dont know why but it sucked.

Franklin    8

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. One way that might fix it is if you have two hard drives, uninstall DayZ then re-install it into you other drive. That helped me with this issue and there are a few others I tried that might help, but sadly I forgot.

Franklin    8

Yeah, it seemed to fix itself after several reinstalls and a resolution change

Well that's good to hear :D

Glad you got it sorted man.

Let us know if you have any other issues!

/solving