Server time: 2017-08-22, 22:21

Sign in to follow this  
ktbur

[SA] - The many ways to kill a person

Question

ktbur    9

In SA, there are many creative ways that one can kill another and after combing through the rules, I couldn't find anything related to this so I figured that this should be asked. If there is a previous thread with a similar question, then I apologize beforehand for not finding it.

The Story

I was starving as usual late last night in-game, as my needy character always seemed to be either hungry or thirsty. Being the good buddies that Arrex and Kpopkilla were, they tried everything to save me, including shoving cooked meat down my character's throat. While on the prowl for more food to force-feed me, Kpopkilla came across a kind gentleman who gave him a nice packet of milk powder. Without thinking much of it, he shoved that down my throat as well. Right afterwards, I got the dreaded message "I taste something funny in my mouth". Moral of the story? Don't eat food given to you by strangers as they might have sprayed bleach on it. I ended up dying despite their best efforts to save me. RIP.

The Question

If someone gave you poisoned food intentionally and you die as a result, does this count as RDM or an initiation?

22 answers to this question

Burgz    6

an initiation?

Well, it wouldn't count as that :D

As for the RDM, I'd say no.

You know when on the mod, if you got in a car with someone and they crashed it was just bad luck? I'd say the same applies here to be honest, you took the risk from that cheeky fucker ;) Maybe he didn't know?

Pretty funny though.

ktbur    9

Well, it wouldn't count as that :D

As for the RDM, I'd say no.

You know when on the mod, if you got in a car with someone and they crashed it was just bad luck? I'd say the same applies here to be honest, you took the risk from that cheeky fucker ;) Maybe he didn't know?

Pretty funny though.

Oh, it was absolutely hilarious and I wasn't quite bothered that I died. Only reason I'm asking is that it would be fun to ... hand out food next time, you know?

Rick    19

Yes, that is a form of KOS imo. There was no prior initiation, and it clearly leads to your death as a result.

I don't personally think it is fair for people to go around and intentionally poison others. If somebody accidentally gave another poisoned food, it would be a different story.

Burgz    6

hand out food next time, you know?

Go for it, just not a weird guy that may or may not sound slightly Estonian and be called John...yeah? Thx.

But do it, I mean, they asked for food from a stranger then they may or may not get an awful surprise.

Imagine on the mod someone asks you for a bloodbag and you...'accidentally' give them the wrong one ;)

Yes, that is a form of KOS. There was no prior initiation, and it clearly leads to your death as a result. It is usually fairly clear if it was done on purpose or not.

/Solving

Wait what? Maybe you could unsolve this and we could get some official ruling because this seems absolutely awful.

People purposely sprayed it with bleach and gave it to you? Yes, I would say a form of KoS.

/unsolved for more opinions, such as an Admin/GM

Burgz    6

People purposely sprayed it with bleach and gave it to you? Yes, I would say a form of KoS.

I think she's talking about the actual guy that gave the friend she had some food to give to her...

This is going to be a good thread.

I think she's talking about the actual guy that gave the friend she had some food to give to her...

This is going to be a good thread.

Yes, I know she is talking about the random person they got the milk from, but the only relevance that has to the situation is who would be the one to be punished for KoS.

I for one had no idea you could do this to people... SA has so much to it.

ktbur    9

The kind gentleman gave Kpop the packet of tainted milk powder. Kpop, not knowing that its poisoned, forced fed me the powder.

The question: People intentionally spraying bleach on food and handing it out which leads to your death. KOS or no? If you don't die, attempted RDM?

There are many ways to kill someone in SA! I'm still trying to think of other examples that might crop up in the future.

Burgz    6

Yes, I know she is talking about the random person they got the milk from, but the only relevance that has to the situation is who would be the one to be punished for KoS.

Ah, but she's not asking if KpopKilla and Arrex would be punished, she's asking if you gave someone poisonous food if they asked for it, would you be banned for KOS?

Its a very interesting question much like the previous bear trap debate, there are many ways it can be used intentionally for example going into an enemies camp and poisoning their food supply along with accidentally such as giving someone burned meat which also makes you sick. So its a difficult decision as it can be used in very interesting ways but could also be used for harming other players.

this is tricky i mean you should not accept anything but canned food from strangers... even irl... lol it should be viewed as KoS as he could of offered your friends anything, the person chose to give them the poisoned product resulting in your death this seems gray to me :-/

Your friends told this stranger how dire you were?

ktbur    9

this is tricky i mean you should not accept anything but canned food from strangers... even irl... lol it should be viewed as KoS as he could of offered your friends anything, the person chose to give them the poisoned product resulting in your death this seems gray to me :-/

Your friends told this stranger how dire you were?

Indeed. I'm not looking to get anyone in trouble, just merely wanted clarification for future reference.

Ah, but she's not asking if KpopKilla and Arrex would be punished, she's asking if you gave someone poisonous food if they asked for it, would you be banned for KOS?

And I was saying imo yes :P

The question: People intentionally spraying bleach on food and handing it out which leads to your death. KOS or no? If you don't die, attempted RDM?

There are many ways to kill someone in SA! I'm still trying to think of other examples that might crop up in the future.

I certainly think it would be something worth a report discussion, I would see someone purposely poisoning you without any KoS rights, as KoS/attempted RDM, but you would need proof it was intentional.

Side not, also bringing these things to our attention, thank you.

ktbur    9

I certainly think it would be something worth a report discussion, I would see someone purposely poisoning you without any KoS rights, as KoS/attempted RDM, but you would need proof it was intentional.

Proving that it was intentional would be quite difficult, unless the person was stupid enough to admit it themselves. They could always claim innocence. Ah well, thank you for answering my question nonetheless.

Rick    19

I can see this becoming kind of a trolly thing as well.

Under normal circumstances, why would you want to poison somebody? You would need a fairly good reason to actually want somebody dead by poisoning them, and I don't consider "oh, my character is just crazy" a good enough reason. I can see a bunch of players just poisoning all the food they hand out just for the heck of it, and with no in character motive, it just makes no sense.

When something has the potential to be massively abused like this can, it needs to be a punishable offense.

If a person poison the food and give it to someone I'd say it's a clear case of RDM.

Yes it's complete KOS. Unless they had a very developed rp grudge against you, but still normal mod rules apply. Spraying food with a disinfectant to kill some is a dick move. It's no difference between that and walking up to someone and shooting them.

Proving that it was intentional would be quite difficult, unless the person was stupid enough to admit it themselves. They could always claim innocence. Ah well, thank you for answering my question nonetheless.

Well yes i agree, I think it would be a case by case kind of thing.

But we also do not want everyone running around leaving poisoned food everywhere or giving out poisoned food.

Rick    19

Yes it's complete KOS. Unless they had a very developed rp grudge with you. Spraying food with a disinfectant to kill some is a dick move.

With that being said...

/Solving, however feel free to continue discussing

Moxy    19

I believe it is not KOS or RDM. There's an old saying, don't accept candy from strangers. It's up to the person putting the food in their mouth to decide whether or not they want to trust the other person.

Otherwise, harvest the food yourself, or only eat unopened foods.

Now if they just come up and force feed bad food to you, that's certainly an initiation. Much like chloroforming someone was in the mod.

Edit: Going with Rampage here as to not confuse anyone.

I believe it is not KOS or RDM. There's an old saying, don't accept candy from strangers. It's up to the person putting the food in their mouth to decide whether or not they want to trust the other person.

Otherwise, harvest the food yourself, or only eat unopened foods.

Now if they just come up and force feed bad food to you, that's certainly an initiation. Much like chloroforming someone was in the mod.

Purposely giving people contaminated food for no rp reason but to kill them for the lolz will alway be kos/rdm. I highly doubt people passing along contaminated food wouldn't know about it.

I'm curious as to how this will look in log form whenever those come. Would it say who gave them the food? Quite curious tbh. Could be exploited easily unless they come up with a way to inspect the food for possible contaminants.