Server time (UTC): 2020-12-04, 07:17
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BENCHY21

Innapropriate RP- Perma

Guest BENCHY21

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

No link given, banned for saying "rapes"

Why the verdict is not fair:

I feel the verdict is unfair as I never meant any harm to any one, I know I made a mistake however it was a joke with a friend who was very aware it was a joke (combat shades, banned for same thing) More importantly I was never informed about me being on trial for being banned, I was simply banned with no warning.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: Me and my friends were running through a field we were waiting for a friend to come back online and I was on the phone to one in the mean time talking about non dayz related things, as a joke I said "watch this" and pointed at my AFK friend and typed "rapes" my friend came on at the same time and laughed and even spoke in game, to be honest it was not meant to be typed in game but I was stupid and did it in game instead of over steam.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

Either a ban lift or a shortened ban

What could you have done better?:

I know ive done wrong, I never ever meant for this to be seen as hate, it was just meant for me and my friends to laugh at while we waited for my other friend to come online, and so I should of course have kept it out of game, if I get un banned I promise it will stay out of game forever.

We do have access to certain logs and when we see inappropriate chat logs we reserve the right to ban people. In case you didnt know this is a serious Role Play community. What would makes you think that typing out "rapes" is funny in any way? Do you find rape funny or cool? I dont see why anyone would do this. Please explain.

Guest BENCHY21

As you can see in the logs we weren't saying it in any form or RP again it was meant for steam and It was a stupid mistake, to put it in context a friend was basically saying daring us to say stuff to see if the other guy was listening in while in game, so in short we were saying things to see if he reacted, maybe rape in your opinion or where you are from is very very wrong thing to say, however it is not uncommon to hear joked about where I come from, maybe this is just me or maybe its because of the community and country I live in. I honestly ever meant any harm by it, I feel terrible to any one who may have seen this as a hate speech, again it was meant to be in a private chat, not a public and logged one.

You say that someone was daring you to say stuff to see if the other guy was listening. Who was the person daring you and who was the other guy?

Guest BENCHY21

The other guy was combat shades he went off line and the person daring me was online, I don't wish to release his name due to the fact he doesn't play Dayz, I would be giving a real persons name, sorry but I cant give you a non- consenting persons name.

I should probably add that it was continuing from a conversation, which or though may have seemed extremely inappropriate when out of context made a little more since when we were talking on the phone and in person.

Based on all the information and the rule break in the report you were involved in, it leads me to believe that you don't take this community very serious. The unique thing about DayzRP is that we try to provide a serious, authentic role play environment for people to be creative. Joking around or horsing around OOC especially about rape or aids or whatever is not what we want here. When you are in game you expected to role play your character in a serious manner. Sorry but better luck elsewhere.

Appeal DENIED