Server time: 2017-08-19, 01:39

Sign in to follow this  
rustyshark

Connection Problems

Question

rustyshark    0

Hello, me and my brother recently got whitelisted onto the server and everything was peachy with his game and hes playing it as im typing this, but my dayz wont allow me to connect to the server via "Remote" in server browser so i had to go on friends list and join off my brother and then after i typed the password for the server it said "connection problem" or around those lines. i made sure it was my steam ID for white listing and i auto generated my GUID so i dont know if i made a mistake somehow or what, is there any way to check if my guid is correct?. any help would be greatly appreciated.

13 answers to this question

Masulii    24

What do you exactly mean you "auto generated GUID"?

Because the way I know you obtain your GUID from DayZ server via chat commant "#beclient guid" and it shows the GUID you have in the chat.

Rifleman    14

Here is the remote function for the EU DayZRP SA server:

IP: SA.DayZRP.com

Port: 2602

Make sure this is typed into the remote function to find the server, a common mistake people make is not changing the port value to 2602 instead of 2302. The joining issue shouldn't be a problem with your GUID unless the server kicks you for not being whitelisted, you likely could've joined when the server crashed or was restarting.

Franklin    8

I have the same problem sometimes regarding the remote connection, but the issue you have with your GUID. Log into any server on DayZ SA and type the following, #beclient guid. This is a command that gives you your GUID. Take a screen shot and check if that is the one that you had put in for your whitelist. If it is different from the one you have now go to this thread Click Here.

rustyshark    0

I checked and my GUID was the same for both the whitelist and my game. the remote glitch is still happening though where its lot letting me connect via that. the exact text i get when i enter the password is "connecting failed." but my brother is on as i type so i dont think its the connection

Franklin    8

An other problem might be your filter. Check that there is nothing there, but I'm not sure for a fact that the filter will effect your remote connection but try it anyway.

Best way to connect to the servers is having a friend who is online and gaining the server IP's through the 'friends' tab when you're connecting to the server.

Also allows you to add to favorites from this tab as well.

Vesper    0

Could also be your firewall settings. Make sure DayZ is allowed access.

rustyshark,

How's this issue going for you?

VaneKyle    0

Disable your Anti-Virus and try to join again, or just turn off your PC's firewall and try to connect.

Rifleman    14

It's been 3 days since you last responded to this, let us know if you managed to fix this.

/Marking as Solved

Vorze    0

I have been having the exact same issue as rustyshark. From what i understand, it happens when both my brother and I try to play at the same time, because when I was playing he couldn't join and when he was plaaying I couldn't. The only message it gave was "Connection Problem". My best bet would be something to do with sharing an IP address, but that's just a hunch. I've also tried all suggestions made above but none have worked.

DProphecy    0

I have the connecting failed problem, tried all of the above and nothing works. Its not my ip because my mate is on the same connection and is playing the server fine