Mental

Persistance: One server only

Persistance OFF for ONE server?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Persistance OFF for ONE server?

• Yes
    • No (why not?)

Mental    0

So we all know persistance has its ups and downs. I would like to pay attention to this thread and this thread.

Personally I think it does more damage than good. But I know for a fact its not going to be turned off, so I have an idea. Not sure if its been mentioned before, dont think it has so, what the hell.

Turn persistance OFF on ONE server only.

Being a fresh spawn is quite fustrating. I'v looted Cherno and Electro over the past 2 days and have struggled to survive, because I cant find clothes, food, weapons, even a pair of fucking shoes which I need because the second floor nearly disintergrated me.

So. Persistance off on one server. What do you guys think?

Murdercool    29

I know it can be annoying the way it works but it has more ups than downs in my opinion. I like the fact that you can place things about and they stay there like tents and notes. I don't like the way that people just have to wait till restart then it is a race to loot everywhere. I know that happened a lot on the mod which did ruin the quality of RP a little bit when everyone was running around staring at the floor grabbing things.

Mental    0

I like the fact that you can place things about and they stay there like tents and notes.

That is one thing I like too, its great for RP, which is why i'm suggesting disabling it on only one server.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

People will just gear whore on the non-persistence server. It will just result in splitting the player base. Right now I think having persistence turned on far out-weighs the negative side effects. Plus with a patch just around the corner this isn't the time for it yet.

I love persistance and I do not have issues with. Even when I did first start playing and could not find a thing and was starving. :) I wouldn't change it but instead wait out till the tweaking of it is fixed

Rampage    0

Persistence is constantly getting tweaked and with the incoming update it will be tweaked more. I have played on both persistent and non and non persistent makes it way too easy to get geared up really fast. This is supposed to be very hard.

Mental    0

Persistence is constantly getting tweaked and with the incoming update it will be tweaked more. I have played on both persistent and non and non persistent makes it way too easy to get geared up really fast. This is supposed to be very hard.

I understand it's supposed to be hard, but sometimes its pretty rediculous.

Rampage    0

Not really, you just play unlike the mod. The bigger cities will most likely be dry and even if not you will have to search every building for stuff. I have played a ton of standalone and have yet to die of hunger or starvation. Jogging and walking help. If you full sprint you will get hungry and thirsty fast. Almost every town has a pond or stream to drink from. and you can craft bows to hunt if you can't find a weapon.

Helix    40

wait till the .51 patch comes to stable.. this wednesday most likely it actually had ALOT of changes to the way persistance loot spawns and apparently has some sort of max items per area sort of deal in it aswell (not 100% sure if this i right but it was mentioned on Sacriels stream with Hicks in chat saying a few things about it aswell)

Rolle    2931

I don't think we want 1 server to be a loot cycle fest while the other gives players all the possibilities and game mechanics associated with persistence. I think persistence positives outweigh the negatives at this point and it will only get better.

I remember when Private Shards was just released and we met a lot of people on the NWAF. We were roleplaying and having a good time, then suddenly the server crashed. Server restarted and nobody was to be seen, everyone instantly ran to check the barracks and other loot spots.

So no, I'd like things to stay as it is.

Guest MaxDamage   
Guest MaxDamage

This may have been said already, but persistence will add a hint of realism and more immersion to the game. It will definitely be better if you picked up a note from the floor that actually had something on it. :^)

Unknown Entity    126

No.

First of all I don't know if a private hive will work on a non persistant & persistant server at once.

Persistence is awesome people, just go to smaller unvisited areas and you'll be finding all the guns, ammo & food you will need.

And for military loot, I think it is perfect it is so "rare".

Oldman    22

I think we just have to wait until persistence becomes better. By wait I mean just hang in there and keep it on. People seem to enjoy it so why change it.

I expect persistence to improve so that loot only refills on open spots. Or maybe it will check the amount of items in a certain area, who knows what is possible.

Stagsview    624

/moving to sugguestion thread

GriefSlicer    1

Should be fixed in the next patch, I think we all need to stay strong and keep filling our bags up with junk loot until 0.51 releases to stable.

Mikachu    26

Should be fixed in the next patch, I think we all need to stay strong and keep filling our bags up with junk loot until 0.51 releases to stable.

I should point out it is NOT fixed in 0.51

It is better but it still function the same way. The loot distribution fixes will likely come after Christmas

House    4

Its not flawless but better than we had before. It makes people work for their survival, you cant just go to one place and get it all. You have to think where you go and how you go cause you might fail.

In the end it will be fixed and i honestly think there are much bigger issues in the SA than persistence problem.

Valkerion    0

you cant just go to one place and get it all.

Yeah you can that is exactly the problem

you have places like Nadezino where the loot has exploded beyond reason and can find literally everything you need guns, food, clothes, ammo and then you go to some other place and there isnt even a pair of gloves.....

Smith    1

you cant just go to one place and get it all.

Yeah you can that is exactly the problem

you have places like Nadezino where the loot has exploded beyond reason and can find literally everything you need guns, food, clothes, ammo and then you go to some other place and there isnt even a pair of gloves.....

There is this problem, yeah. I hope that sort of thing gets fixed.

Overall I would say that persistence is a far better system than non-persistence.

GriefSlicer    1

I should point out it is NOT fixed in 0.51

It is better but it still function the same way. The loot distribution fixes will likely come after Christmas

Don't make me sad

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

Unless the bugs associated with the item spawning are fixed then it's too overpowered and imbalances the server. And to think it only takes a little IF line in the code to solve.

Guest Likurja   
Guest Likurja

Its sooooooooooo easy to find loot, why people want it turned off?

Mental    0

Its sooooooooooo easy to find loot, why people want it turned off?

Go to Cherno, Electro, Svet, Berezino, Novo.. you'll see why.