Server time: 2017-08-19, 11:22

Sign in to follow this  
SweetJoe

I have a gripe.

SweetJoe    280

IF you are going around claiming to be someone from the playerlist with whom you are not...Cut it out. IF i catch you you will be reported. As far as i know, you cannot claim to be people you do not know, you cannot claim to be other clans you are not, and you cannot just check the player list to lie about who you are by picking another players name. Its just not right. So cut it out.

If people are using false names based off the player list and commit hostilities that is falsely passing on KOS rights. Get that persons name, record, and report. This is against fair play and people have been punished for doing this in the past.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

I believe its only a rule break IF they commit a hostile action. Otherwise its just in game deception. OS has had people claim to be us when they weren't just do the best you can, get names and talk to them. When it happened to me I PM'd the people in question and we haven't heard anything since.

SweetJoe    280

yeah, i had a guy tell me he had my name a while back, and then started raging on about how he hated police. I handled it by turning him into the police. however reading the forums and talking to people, it seems to be a re-occurring theme. someone uses a name from the player list and then starts hostile actions upon a group. framing a person with whom they have never met and using a name they could never possibly know. Not only is it not creative, but it also causes those whose names they used problems and can even cause someone to be executed or robbed, or even wrongfully punished in a report or in any other way. so if someone ive never met, who has no way of knowing me is using my name to cover his actions and got the name simply by looking at the player list, how is that not metagaming a name and fucking up someones future gaming experience?

Saying a you are a clan you are not is lame and using a full name of some on the list is dodgy at the least, picking a random first name in hopes the person or people you are talking are not named the name you have chosen. I am willing to bet a number higher then 90% of the people check the player list after being told a name, if the name does not show up I think we can guess what will then happen.

SweetJoe    280

thats just it, we can all check pulse to identify someone, you dont have to check the list, however metagaming the name of the pulse and using it in game is in fact meta-gaming. your missing my point, i dont mean first names i mean the entire names.

If i know someone, or had interaction with someone and they imitated me, thats one matter, but random ass people using peoples full names via the player list to cover their actions is not acceptable in my eyes. If i catch ya, a report will be made and youll be called in to explain why and how you are using said name.

Revocane    1

yeah, i had a guy tell me he had my name a while back, and then started raging on about how he hated police. I handled it by turning him into the police.

Did that happen to be Jerry, or whatever the hell his name was?