Server time (UTC): 2020-11-30, 07:53 BLACK FRIDAY SALE
Sign in to follow this  
Hex

Cadmus - Arms Dealer/PMC [ Recruitment: Open]

2khs05.png

Cadmus is a vast shipping company who utilizes this as their cover for their primary focus, arms dealing and the smuggling of illegal goods, while the company as a whole had the greater majority of their resources in legal activities, its illegal activities still nearly dwarf its legal counterpart in profit. Divided up into branches depending on the operating region to keep things as compartmentalized as possible, especially in their more shady dealings, Cadmus employs a number of civilian personnel from across the world, chances are if they have visited the country, they have at least a handful of contacts there. Of course with their dealings, both legal and illegal, outside threats are a very real thing; pirates, corporate thieves and more, all are very real threats that are handled by the companies private security branch that employs ex-military, civilian and paramilitary forces to keep their cargo, personnel and facilities safe. 

2z3ndxh.jpg

Origins

Cadmus began its days as a simple, no name, one man operation in the 1970’s, the near accidental trip into the world of arms dealing by Niko Vashenko, the son of poor Russian immigrants escaping to America. Niko’s upstart in the business came from the need to support his family, at merely 20 years old, he sold his first batch of pistols to a group of young men. From there it was a steady rise up, he bought and sold, made contacts in the business and generally enjoyed his new line of work. Niko never followed up on what his clients did or what they used his products for, their money was as green as anyone elses and thats all that mattered. Within years however the boom in business had died down and Niko had found himself in the crosshairs of the FBI and ATF, with that he knew that his time in America was up and he needed to find a safe haven to operate out of as well as ‘new markets’ to break into. He didn't have to wait for long before he found his new market, one as old as humanity itself: War. Purchasing a large hauler and loading it with what stock he had, he set out for his new destination, Lebanon. It was dirty, bloody and very much real, Niko got a first hand view of what his weapons did and who they were used on, but it changed nothing, he did what he had to do and continued to buy and sell. After having plenty of close calls from both sides shooting at him, he took his leave of Lebanon, making a healthy profit. Soon after he moved his operations to South America and begun selling to the eager dictators, who had more then enough cash to spend with their drug money. But while in South America, the danger of the business truly set in, having witnessed a particular kingpin torture one of his own underlings for failing him. Niko found the need for more than his one man show, he felt he could no longer get by on his own good graces and began searching through his contacts as well as in person for individuals who had the skill and loyalty he required.

Within months Niko had acquired a set of skilled soldiers, men and women who had reveled in the chance to return to the battlefield when their countries would not. Some were dishonorably discharged, others left of their own accord, but each one would happily fight again. Security was not the only thing Niko thought about in his time spent hunting for a suitable guard, the need to grow and expand his business was also at the forefront as he believed that his one man operation could bloom into a company itself. This is where Cadmus was first started, Niko could not simply start such a company on his own as he was still under the gaze of the FBI and ATF, the two bureaus sharing their information with other international organizations making it that much harder for him to pass around his own name, Niko started the company under a false name, stating it was merely a shipping organization, and continued to do his work under a new banner and with proper protection, he sold death to countless countries once more.

zxk2up.jpg

Over the next few years, Cadmus grew, Niko expanded his operations, hiring more dealers and more protection, spreading them out around the globe to operate in different regions to increase profit. With a small empire built, Niko considered retiring, living out his days on some tropical beach filled with lovely ladies and warm sun, but there was always a war, always a dispute, always people to be killed. Niko’s plans for retirement would wait as he recently was asked to bring a shipment of weapons to the local rebel group in Chernarus and while Niko usually hated supplying rebel groups due to their lack of funding, they usually put in a good word for them with surrounding groups, increasing business overall. Years ago Niko had been sold supplies to the police forces of Chernarus, mainly body armor and dated personnel carriers, but it hurt the growing rebellions in the area nonetheless. Now he was back to tip the scales back in the rebels favor, taking the trip to Chernarus on one of his shipping tankers, using his good standing with the Chernorussian authorities to make port in Chenogorsk and offload the crates of weapons there into unmarked trucks, the weapons were in rebel hands as soon as the money was in his.

2z3ndxh.jpg

Sowing Dragons Teeth

During his time back in Russia, and attempt to buy a fleet of gunships from a Chechen general, Niko met a woman and they fell in love, He took that long awaited break, allowing the company he had spent the last 20 years building take on the slack while he enjoyed a life of his own for a short time. Nine months later the two had a child, Carmine, but his loving wife did not survive the birth, leaving him alone with his son, he took this as a sign and took young Carmine with him, considering him something of a heir to the empire he had built, he was determined to raise his son, showing him everything he had learned himself and more.

By the time Carmine was four, the Soviet Union was no more, this was quite possibly the closest thing to an arms dealers wet dream as it could get. A nation fell and its armory doors opened, those in possession of thousands upon thousands of rifles, missiles, squads of helicopters, companies of tanks, it was all on the market, and those disgruntled generals were rather eager to sell. Though he was only a young boy at the time, he could always remember the time spent in Russia, his father buying just about everything he could get his hands on. It seemed so simple to young Carmine. Slowly but surely Carmine grew into a young man, inheriting his father's passion of the business, many of Niko’s contacts became Carmines contacts as well, as he came into his own, buying and selling, making a profit, it seemed it was in his blood. For Carmines 18th birthday  father and son parted ways, letting young Carmine work for him as one of his dealers, having him work primarily in the East while his father worked in the west. With this gift came another, a team of hired mercenaries and ex-military, some of the best from his father's Private security company that he had created some time ago, but they were loyal to the bitter end. Over the next few years Carmine did what he had seen his father do thousands of times, he sold death to those who could afford it.

It wasn't long before Carmine returned to one of the main places his father had taken him as a young boy, Takistan. The country had been at war with itself for nearly 100 years, factions being backed by different countries, each fighting for control of the state as well as its rich oil and mineral reserves. Carmine saw it the same as when he was a boy, a terrible place to be, but that didn't stop people from fighting over it. The money however, was just as good as it had always been, factions that had control over the wells were extremely eager to spend their money on different ways to kill their fellow man, products which I was just as eager to sell. Missiles, rifles, tanks, helicopters, jets, it was all on the table, they wanted anything they could get their hands on. This is where I began encountering problems, the Royalist faction funded by America and the CIA became increasingly desperate as their opposition began to overwhelm them, they began to target the source of their enemies wealth, the oil wells. Needless to say the hit was hard and the lack of payment forced Carmine to withdraw and seek greener pastures within the region.

2z3ndxh.jpg

Outbreak

Just when things were going good, having just picked up a contract from one of the many rebel factions within the eastern province of Chernarus, he set out from Takistan to the main port and city of the country, Novigrad, as part of his contract was not only to resupply the forces working in South Zagoria, but to bring a shipment from Novigrad to Chernogorsk. While Carmine didn't mind snooping into just what the rebels were up to, for him it helped him keep in stock with what they would need at later dates, he was rather shocked to find what he did. Biological markers on the sealed containers within the crates halted any further investigation by him or his crew. Carmine had a certain distain for biological agents, they killed to quick and left zero oppertunities for repeat business, chances were that with any sort of rampant use would draw unwanted attention onto his clients as well as onto himself. Without another word on the topic, he re-sealed the boxes and continued onto Chernogorsk, offloading his weapons along with the chemical agents into rebel hands a few days later, he did not plan on staying much longer in the region.

4qj4vd.jpg

After the exchange in Chernogorsk, Carmine and his men returned to Novigrad for the next few weeks for ship repairs, while normally they would have left the region after such a deal, their aging ship seemed to protest against the idea and forced them to stay for much longer than they wanted to. Within this time came the general panic from the region, rumors of strange behavior, of people eating each other spread about as quickly as whatever seemed to be causing it. Soon after the quarantine was placed and Carmine and his men could not break the naval blockade off the shores of the country, they were forced to stay, mainly keeping to their ship for safety and isolation. Days past, weeks, but they were unable to escape the land as their ship was still in disrepair, even if fixed they would never break the blockade off the shore. Things continued to get worse, as cities fell and supplies ran short, those not turned into monsters by the virus turned on their fellow human beings for what they could scavenge, it was utter chaos and it seemed that the quarantine forces were happy to block off Chernarus and let the country die off.

Soon after it was decided to split his forces as supplies on the ship were getting low, Carmine sent the head of his personal team along with a number of contractors ashore to assess the situation, find what parts they need for their ship along the more industrial coast as well as gather more supplies for the main force.

2z3ndxh.jpg

Goals

- Find and secure supplies -

- Find suitable parts to fix the ship -

- Survive and/or escape -

2z3ndxh.jpg

Diplomacy

- Friends -

- Neutral -

- Enemies -

2z3ndxh.jpg

Members

Hex

Maverick Titan

TheEzio1459

GrayGray

2z3ndxh.jpg

Recruitment

If you wish to join or are interested in general, PM me with any questions or applications.

Forum Name:

- IRL Age:

- Where are you from:

- How long have you played DayZ/DayZRP

- Past groups:

- How would you describe your playstyle:

- Why do you want to join:

- What do you bring to the group:

2z3ndxh.jpg

OOC Information

Cadmus as a whole is supposed to be a generally neutral group that takes aspects from past PMC/Mercenary groups and mixing them with their real life counterparts. Hopefully this blending brings a much more realistic group who is not bound by the 'contract system' to preform actions, but not so free as they can rob anyone they please for any reason.

Generally speaking, Cadmus employee's/Contractors are mainly civilian or Ex-Military and can be from nearly any background or region as the company operates on a global scale with hundreds and hundreds of employee's. The behavior of said employee's can vary depending on background and other factors, but for the most part they are instructed to maintain a level of professionalism when dealing with potential clients or neutral parties, but an unparalleled aggression towards hostile units, meaning Cadmus forces wont initially hit you first, but once you throw the first punch they will end the fight by any means.

Kinda reminds me of the film God of War

Yeah, I took a general bit from that movie along with some other sources. I do enjoy the whole mercenary group thing, hell thats why I joined RSM as my first clan, so this is kinda my way of doing things. Yes I took a more heavy influence from some things then others, is it a crazy original idea? probably not, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Kinda reminds me of the film God of War

Yeah, I took a general bit from that movie along with some other sources. I do enjoy the whole mercenary group thing, hell thats why I joined RSM as my first clan, so this is kinda my way of doing things. Yes I took a more heavy influence from some things then others, is it a crazy original idea? probably not, but I'm pretty happy with it.

It was not a bad thing. I really like the idea and hope to see this in game soon.

Updated some general mistakes and stuff, still looking for input from others.

Further updates and a general re-arranging of the layout so people don't have to read through 7 paragraphs of fluff before finding out what the hell the group is.

/re-opened per request

Guest DeadPlaya

Don't think Rolle likes PMCs

Indeed, though Cadmus is not a PMC/mercanary group as others have been in the past. Its a a more realistic group in that sense, its a Security company already defending someone.

Indeed, though Cadmus is not a PMC/mercanary group as others have been in the past. Its a a more realistic group in that sense, its a Security company already defending someone.

For what Value?

For what Value?

For what value? I'm afraid your going to have to elaborate a bit.

Guest Icy

and I never did any of the photoshoping i was supposed too

please dont hate me :D

good luck with this bro, already told you I loved this idea!

and I never did any of the photoshoping i was supposed too

please dont hate me :D

good luck with this bro, already told you I loved this idea!

Yes I did it all myself! thats probably why I have no recruits, GG Icy, you've failed me for the last time! Demotion to lead pleblord!

I like it Hex, good luck with it! Sounds interesting and could lead to some great RP

For what Value?

The someone you speak off.

How mutch Value does this person have to be defended by your security company.

For what Value?

The someone you speak off.

How mutch Value does this person have to be defended by your security company.

Well the person is Carmine Vashenko, the son of Niko Vashenko who is the creator of Cadmus itself. In the story and the general vibe I wanted from the group was that its employee's would have something of a fanatical view on the Company itself, having an extreme amount of loyalty for those who some would call 'Mercenaries'. How I'd imagine they would have achieved this loyalty varies but aside from a healthy paycheck to the Contractors themselves, Cadmus would also provide for their families ( if they have one ) along with pulling many of its security contractors from military groups around the world that have either been discharged ( Honorable or dishonorable ) or have been deemed unfit for duty. Giving most a second chance to fight usually is enough for some.

So the value itself is not quite a monetary one, its more out of loyalty to Carmine, Niko and Cadmus itself.

Guest DeadPlaya

How's the recruitment going ? You can always snatch people on the LFG page , just like how I got into XM ;)

Also do you know if you can only be in one clan? Might not perma my American char so soon :D

How's the recruitment going ? You can always snatch people on the LFG page , just like how I got into XM ;)

Also do you know if you can only be in one clan? Might not perma my American char so soon :D

I have not put much thought into currently, I still want to make this group but I have not figured out how I want to do it.

Also, the current rules dont really state one cannot be in only one group....so I dunno!

Cadmus is still recruiting!

Do you think you have what it takes to join? Loyalty, honor and the skills to get the job done will earn you the right to join the ranks of Cadmus!

security-contractors-afghanistan.jpg

Cadmus has another fresh contractor:

malcavitch! Welcome aboard!

Another recruit has been added to the roster! Welcome iceinfly!

Guest tripzkill

YAY i cant wait to be apart of this group

Looks Really good Hex, Good luck with this!!!

Sign in to follow this