would you like to see a economy be set up in SA  

88 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see a economy be set up in SA

• yes
    • no
    • hell no!
    • i dont care either way

Vape Nation    5

I think having a economy in standalone would be good but the problem is what could we use, there is so many thing we could use like for example we could use bullets like .22, 7.62 + its variants, 5.56 and so on and so forth but the thing not everyone thinks that one bullet has the same value as others. nut having a economy that has some from of exchange rate relating to everyone would be great then treading would be easier instead of doing one on one trades we could use this monetized so a trader can trade with a scavenger by buying the stuff he is selling the that trader can go and sell it to the next guy without give up more than what he put in

lemonade319    31

I think having a economy in standalone would be good but the problem is what could we use, there is so many thing we could use like for example we could use bullets like .22, 7.62 + its variants, 5.56 and so on and so forth but the thing not everyone thinks that one bullet has the same value as others. nut having a economy that has some from of exchange rate relating to everyone would be great then treading would be easier instead of doing one on one trades we could use this monetized so a trader can trade with a scavenger by buying the stuff he is selling the that trader can go and sell it to the next guy without give up more than what he put in

Make it in-game, an IC currency should have nothing to do with the forums.

Josh    37

He's just trying to get some feedback man dont be so harsh.

I think it goes without saying that as dayzsa progresses with development this idea will be more easily implemented.

DJREX    0

I've pretty sure this has been a conversation many times before and every time it was shot down for a few basic reasons. If there is a economy it changes from personal value to item value for instance if I have a gorka helmet and I like it but have to get rid of it, it might only sell for a few 22 rounds. I personally don't like the idea because of that. I think it shows that people have attachment to things they found or spent hours looking for and just to trade something off because of an invisible worth. -1

lemonade319    31

He's just trying to get some feedback man dont be so harsh.

I think it goes without saying that as dayzsa progresses with development this idea will be more easily implemented.

Not being harsh, i just think in standalone there should be much less of a forum input into IC things, it would not be too hard to set up an ammunition currency, get into contact with the leaders of a settlement/town and talk to them, see if they can help make it.

Igi    4

I don't think lemonade was being harsh, Joshua.

He has a point. Stuff like this shouldn't need 'approval' or 'official' status. The entire direction we're trying to go with SA is that it's entirely organic. That's why there aren't 'clans' like there are on the mod server.

If you think this is something you want to see, Jesse, then do it ^_^

Nothing is stopping you from using ammunition when trading with others, other than whether or not they want it :P

Vape Nation    5

Is the OP one sentence? :D

yup ;)

Big Ol' NO from me.

Not having a defined currency(though I'd love to have chernarussian notes in game as a pretty much meaningless item that can be used for kindling. Would make for more interesting roleplay.)suits the 'just-collapsed' feeling of the country more than everyone somehow agreeing without conversation that certain things are currency.

Institutions have collapsed, currency is whatever you have of value to others. Prices can rise and fall sharply based on need, rarity, and player personality.

I say leave it as is, ain't broke. No need for rockin'.

Josh    37

I don't think lemonade was being harsh, Joshua.

He has a point. Stuff like this shouldn't need 'approval' or 'official' status. The entire direction we're trying to go with SA is that it's entirely organic. That's why there aren't 'clans' like there are on the mod server.

If you think this is something you want to see, Jesse, then do it ^_^

Nothing is stopping you from using ammunition when trading with others, other than whether or not they want it :P

I understand what you are saying and do agree that alot of the developments should be in game and organic.

I think i misinterpreted his response as being short.

lemonade319    31

I will rewrite my opinion, i would like to see some form of currency, i just would not like to see a forum input into it, obviously not everyone would accept this currency but maybe in some of the towns it could be made a thing, as long as it is made IC i do not mind, but i'd hate to see something like this being accepted due to forum input.

Guest Likurja   
Guest Likurja

It has been brought up many times, each time it was a no, I'm pretty sure it won't change now.

Of course, nothing is stopping you from let's say taking over a town and saying you use bullets as money there.

I don't think there needs to be any official currency for the game. I like the idea of IC trading and deciding yourselves in game what is worth what to you

SatansNightOut    105

Eh, the barter system seems to work fine for me.

Trading stuff works. Or sometimes I charge bullets for beer. :P

No it doesn't. Currency holds no real value in a apocalyptic situation. Bartering is the way to go.

No it doesn't. Currency holds no real value in a apocalyptic situation. Bartering is the way to go.

^

We do not need a economy in standalone because there already is one, and its called survival. People will trade non essentials for necessities such as food and drink. Or they will just take it. Thats what makes DayZRP stand out. We leave it up to the players to make thier own stories and currency, this is why it is so unique for any other.

Guest 31knife   
Guest 31knife

i like this idea, just like in arma epoch!

Kanye    14

You would need a strong group to support the currency for it to work well imo. Bullets spawn in so there would be rapid inflation as there usually is no real need to use them in SARP.

People will trade what they want, I see no point in giving someone a bag of rice for some bullets or item that I don't need.

Rox    0

I Usually try to trade as much as possible, Its Post Apocalypse. Food, Water and Ammunition are key for survival Gather as much of possible of them and you can pay people with them ! :)

Scmdraft    0

This is not a good idea in my opinion, people should just barter and trade for the items they need.

Major Tom    78

We've 'needed an economy' in DayZRP for a fucking year it would seem. We seem to have gotten by completely fine despite 'needing' it. I'd say don't worry about it so much.