Server time (UTC): 2021-10-19 18:40

Arrow + bloodbag = Blood transfusion

Papa Emeritus II

• MVP

As topic says.

Bolt + Bloodbag and you can give urself a blood transfusion.

I saw it in another mod.

Pretty logical.

What do you think?

• MVP

LOL. I read it as if you were attaching a blood bag to an arrow and shooting someone = Ranged blood transfusion.

Why not just have the ability to give yourself a blood transfusion when you are in the close proximity of a tent? You would need to lie down while it took effect and would have to be in a lowered position for a significant period of time. This also makes tents more valuable and encourages people to maintain their camps.

In my opinion, giving yourself a transfusion should have some sort of penalty (e.g. time needed or locking your character into an animation for a period of time) to make sure people cannot use them excessively in a firefight.

• MVP

Hahahaha. Shoot bloodtranfusions at people.

Awesome.

:D

Well, yeah... It has to be some downthing with it.

I was thinking mainly it´s very annoying that you sometimes DIE when ur dropped of somewhere by ur mates and play by urself.

• MVP

yeah thats was my thought aswell.

I don´t wanna stab myself with a fucking arrow and then poor blood thru it. haha

Like SumoS Said. Just for the bag to hang on.

if thats the case guys, blood transfusions should take hours. not 5 seconds.

good luck blood bagging.

Question: How long does a blood transfusion take?

Answer: A blood transfusion may take several hours depending on what your doctor has ordered for you. Initially, it has to be cross matched and this process can take up to two (2) hours. Also, each unit of blood transfuses over 1½ to 2 hours.

http://www.cpmc.org/learning/documents/bloodtrans-ws.html

game on guise

Also, if the game could detect if you were near a wall or not when you do this, would probably make it kind of not op.

also, couldnt you just stab your "hunting knife" into a wall and hang a blood bag on that

• MVP

Rusty, dirty bolts = Tetanus & other diseases, so doing a transfusion on yourself has a much higher risk for infection. I think I support this.

Doing an open field blood transfusion without any of the actual equipment you need, as well as being in extremely unsanitary conditions would most likely kill you in general. If you could possibly manage to do this without getting infected/wounded in anyway, it would take hours and a lot of blood to do. Using an arrow to hold up the blood bag to do this wouldn't help. If anything, just put it up on a ledge or something higher up.

It doesn't make any sense at all.

Refer to this for the most common way you would die from administering it yourself: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090116144616AAWg9XP

Guest Spesivtsev

Rusty, dirty bolts = Tetanus & other diseases, so doing a transfusion on yourself has a much higher risk for infection. I think I support this.

Doing an open field blood transfusion without any of the actual equipment you need, as well as being in extremely unsanitary conditions would most likely kill you in general. If you could possibly manage to do this without getting infected/wounded in anyway, it would take hours and a lot of blood to do. Sticking an arrow in yourself to do this just makes it even more unrealistic on top of this.

It doesn't make any sense at all.

Refer to this: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090116144616AAWg9XP

I agree plus I think this is a bad idea (No offence (Ok maybe a little))

• MVP

Eh, we still need to find someway to regain blood on your own. Maybe a mention of slow passive blood regain.

Eating Meat and Canned Food regains blood. Meat more than food. It takes like 4 steaks to regain more than half of your blood back I believe.

• MVP

Eh, we still need to find someway to regain blood on your own. Maybe a mention of slow passive blood regain.

*cough* Meat

Or cans, but it's harder.

Alot harder.

EDIT: didn't see Seaweed's post. Can I get those update logs? It wouldn't be cool if they do that.. How will I survive alone now?? :)

• MVP

I already knew that far before... But you can't get meat so often anyhow. The main thing here is if you're going solo, and you're dying. You can't always get meat now could you?

Its pretty easy, just go hunting. It isn't hard to find animals out in fields.

why dont we just remove blood bags all together? and just leave food and the rest of the medical equipment?

any possible way to extend the time of knock outs that can't be epi-penned?

cant eat or drink but players could give the knocked out person food and drink. deff make firefights more scary...

any chance to get the drag function to work properly?