Server time: 2017-08-24, 01:23

Sign in to follow this  
Remy Taveras

God's Messenger (The life and thought's of Br. Kai Hodges)

Chapter 1: A New Beginning

[mp3]http://puu.sh/dbmgo/f7d2c16bb8.mp3[/mp3]

I suppose now would be as good of a time as any to begin recording my thoughts, only god knows when I’ll have this luxury of safety again.

580x408http://i.imgur.com/SmSIrtV.jpg[/img]

These past few days have been quite eventful for me.....where to begin?

I suppose I'll begin to recount the tale of my separation from the first community I would consider myself a part of during this catastrophy. We were comprised mostly of citizens from places other than Chernarus hence we gave ourselves the name the foreigners. We had a nice set up for a while however it appears we have went our separate ways, I do not know where their travels have taken them now.

580x229http://i.imgur.com/PLJMIW5.png[/img]

I can only hope that God is watching over them during these pressing times.

Although it seemed I now stood alone, I knew God would illuminate the path therefore I went on to offer aid and relief to others out there in hopes that perhaps I can show them that not all life is suffering.

A week passed since then, I was still serving as God’s beacon of hope to those lost in the darkness. It went well at times, other times the lord felt as if I needed to be tested so he sent a couple of greedy savages my way, I kept my resolve however I stood strong and was ready to accept whatever fate God had ready for me. From those that I have help they have told me of a community in a small village.

I walked along the road on a cool chernarussian night in hopes that the information I had received was valid. During my travels I encountered a man, whose name I would later figure out to be Mick Thompson, scavenging a nearby house, I of course offer my assistance to the man he sounded a bit frightened not that I blamed him...

580x329http://i.imgur.com/8XkkhXk.jpg[/img]

The world is a far different place today than it ever was.

After my usual spiel of trying to help him and telling him of God being with him I was ready to be off, only this time, this man wanted to help me.

It may seem a bit ridiculous and conceited but I had come to not expect kindness from anyone but myself, so you can see how this gesture would make me raise an eyebrow so to speak.

He told me of a home where he and another man lived, he had said that he owed this man his life. I was taken aback by this statement, “A man with a sense of duty and dept....In today’s world?” I thought to myself this man was really starting to impress me now so I decided to take him up on his offer of residence. In truth I was really eager to meet this man who had saved Mick’s life; It was hard to think that such a person existed.

The house was cozy enough albeit a claustrophobic but I do not think it would have been in good taste to voice my complaint. Later on that night another man visited the house He was a friend of Mick and Amir (the man whom to Mick owed his life to) He preferred to be called Jay therefore that’s what I called him.

580x327http://i.imgur.com/iimX7BH.jpg[/img]

It was a pleasant time inside the little house, I actually felt a sense of security

The fires dying down, the rest’ll have to wait until tomorrow if God so wills it.

Mick    8

Absolutely loving the thread layout and the feel to it!

Great story aswell buddy.

When is the next part? <3

Thanks man <3

Next part will probably take two or three weeks

Mick    8

Thanks man <3

Next part will probably take two or three weeks

Thats gonna be a long two to three weeks then :(

Cant wait for the second part!

Chapter 2: Muffled Prayer

[mp3]http://puu.sh/dvdw5/b046e2d820.mp3[/mp3]

The steam billows from the metal canteen "The water should be just about ready." Kai lifted the canteen off the fire with a pair of rusted metal tongs that were crammed into his backpack and waited for the water to cool.

He looked to his left where he saw a pond. It had a murky brown tint to it, in any other circumstance he would have argured aganist drinking from it but in situations such as these he was in no condition to be picky, boiling the water was the least he could do to make it drinkable.

Standing still waiting makes a man think of things, things you really dont think about when you are constantly fearing for your life, moving from place to place, scraping bits of meat from animal remains so barren that not even the vultures would bother with it.

"It aint never gonna be the same aint it?" "God might be looking down on us now with discerning eyes.....maybe we brought this upon ourselves."

It was time to head out for the water had cooled. Kai poured the water from the metal canteen into his plastic water bottle he proceeded to put the bottle aganist his lips and sip the water...it was the worst thing he had ever drank and yet it was the best thing he ever drank...

hLhEtBy.jpg

the sun was nearly setting, the forest delivered a chilling wind. There was no sight nor sound stirring within, its as if the forest did not want to be seen or heard .

Nothing could be heard as Kai hiked back to where he needed to be other then the crunching of the leaves under boots, which had made him stop a couple of times for he thought he had heard the steps of another, and the breeze blowing through the branches.....a soft noise was heard somewhere...somewhere distant he assumed, Kai thought nothing of it and kept on going...

"pl-a--"

he definitely had heard something but elected to ignore it..

"pl--se h-lp"

Kai could no longer ignore the only other noise the forest he scanned the area with a trembling hand on his machete.

the ground around him was giving him light tremors, and he swore he felt something organic brush aganist his pants

Something was on his right, he felt it....

Kai reluctantly and slowly turned his head to face whatever was there.

si9qyFp.jpg

Please help me......

He could the feel the vomit slithering up his throat as he gazed upon this.......thing.

without thinking Kai kicked the outstreached arm reaching out and backed away.

Moments of blankly staring at the figure drew Kai a conclusion.......this was not one of those creatures that mindlessly roam.

Whoever this person was there was nothing that could be done for them, only to send him back to the Lord our God where perhaps his soul can know eternal peace.

He reached for the holster strapped to his chest, he gingerly pulled out the pistol and aimed it straight to the dying person's head.....But he could not do it.

Kai quickly walked away leaving behind him the suffering of another. He can only theorize of what sort of judgement God had passed on his actions today.

2puacRs.jpg

"Hence nothing remains except for our regrets..."

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

Wow Remy.. Didn't think you could produce dem feels <3

Please keep it coming!

Why Remy, didn't take you for a writer, let alone a damn good one at that. As always, keep 'em flowing like a river.