Server time (UTC): 2020-12-03, 23:19
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DayZLover

Ban Appeal, Misunderstood

Guest DayZLover

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

There isn't a link for this as its to do with communication between me and the admin and a complete mixup with my previous ban appeal (Last week, i understood the rule 1 per week so i waited a week)

Why the verdict is not fair:

Ok so ill run through in detail about what happened and why its been bothering me so much, now last week i appealed on this thread to get me unbanned after a year of waiting and ill go into detail about that. So last year in 2013 me and a friend had beeen playing dayzrp after its initial release after watching the youtuber psisyndicates first series, which was when dayzrp first came out and i applied and i got whitelisted and i was playing, i played for a while and RP'd correctly and to the rules and i never had any problems with the rules as i completely understood them, and if im not mistaken the name for this account was "Arrow" now, after months of not playing, there was a whitelist reset im guessing as i couldnt get whitelisted after urging to play with a friend who was currently recording a dayzrp series, so i applied again (about a year ago just under a year) and after applying, my mic broke. Now i had filled out the form which asked the question "Do you have a working mic and Teamspeak?" and i replied yes as at the time i did have a working microphone, but waiting for the whitelist to be passed the jack on the end of the cable had frayed and the mic couldnt be used, so i ordered another microphone off amazon and waited for it to arrive before carrying on the process of my whitelist and joining the server. So i waited for my microphone to arrive before playing and joining the TS, but when my microphone arrived (week after the whitelist app) i noticed my whitelist hadnt been passed, and the reason to this was that i didnt answer the first question stating the NLR, and it was because i was so into writing up my story, i planned to write the backstory first and get it out the way, then come back to the NLR rule. So i was a bit agitated by this and noticed I couldnt reapply for a whitelist as there was a timeout for applying and i couldnt just reapply all the time. So i went to the teamspeak and tried to gain contact of a admin, and i did, Im not sure of the admins username as this was a year ago, but all i remember is being put into a bad mood because of this, and i understand it was completely my fault and any decisions made by the admins approving the whitelist are final. So i joined the teamspeak and noticed that my Microphone wasnt working once again, and it was because of the drivers that were installed, (realtek HD audio drivers) and they were not working so any communication coming from the mic wasnt received and i couldnt hear from the headset i was using with teamspeak. So once gaining the attention of the admin and he noticed my mic wasnt working, i tried typing and he understood that it wasnt working but its a fixable issue, but nonetheless i listed my problem to him and he recieved it well, he then asked me to PM him and i did later on, i listed my problem in detail and he replied stating the rules i have already read, and that he wouldnt allow me to reapply quicker due to my error with my whitelist. So because of the problems with my error of my whitelist, my microphone and my desperation to join the server and play with my friend, i replied in a cocky and immature way. Now i dont recall calling the admin on the forum any expletives or any offensive insults, but from my recall i replied "Oh, what a load of b*llshit". And from this, i was banned from the forums and then my GUID was blacklisted and any association with the username "Arrow" or my I.P has been banned.

So this was a year ago or just under a year, and last week i appealed to get my ban lifted with the account jPARKER, And to get my GUID unbanned. And there was a misunderstanding which leads me here today, now after listing the above and listing why it was my fault, my error, and personally apologizing for any inconvienence and apologized for my childish attitude which i had stated above. An admin replied to the forum asking that he understood my appeal, and he didnt decline it straight away, and here is where i was misunderstood. Im not sure what admin, but because the account jPARKER is banned i cant find his name from the reply to my post. But the admin asked me to PM him what usernames that i could of used when getting banned for being cocky and rude. So i PM'd him a few and then he replied to the forum post (Ban appeal) with something along the lines of "Tried to make other accounts to cheat the ban and get past the blacklist". Now this was not at all what i was trying to do. Now i am not going against the admins word on this, but i did not make those accounts to try and cheat and bypass the previous banned accounts as there would be no point to this as my GUID was blacklisted. Now i didnt realise that this was breaking the rules, but all these accounts that i made were made just under a year ago to try and see if i was unblacklisted and see if i could get back into the Servers and RP like i used to. So the other accounts beside "Arrow" i used to try and see if i could get unbanned and apologize to the admin and fix things, but all these attempts were blocked. So which led me to last week, i reapplied last week with the account jPARKER which i hadnt applied for until last week for almost a year, i waited almost a year just to see if i can get unbanned and once again join this server upon the release of the Standalone servers, so after waiting a year i made another account and made a ban appeal pretty much stating what i stated in my first paragraph. And once i had appealed, the admin had PM'd me and i sent him the possible usernames of the banned accounts and he further replied "Tried to cheat and bypass ban by creating seperate accounts, banned, solved" or something like that. This was a complete misconception of my aims of trying to get unbanned, and for this admin to jump to conclusion in my opinion, was a bit too forward and i could of explained myself better. And im appealing here to tell the admins here that what happened last week was a misunderstanding and that i didnt make those accounts and the most recent "jPARKER" to cheat and bypass the blacklist because that wasnt my intentions, my intentions was to wait months and months and then reapply and see if it was lifted or if i could get it lifted. Now ive waited a week and followed the rules and im just appealing here that what happened last week was a misunderstanding.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

I just want you admins to understand my desperation to join this server, ive waited months and months to reapply and what happened last week was a let down and i believe concluded unfairly. Im going to put it in short, those accounts that i had made in an effort to see if my ban was lifted were not in any way at all to cheat the blacklist and cheat the ban which was made. It was simply to wait a months and reapply to see if i can rejoin, but upon rejoining i noticed my GUID was blacklisted. So in short, im sorry for the attitude given a year ago and the efforts i had made to try and see if i could get my ban lifted, but there was a definite misunderstanding with my ban appeal last week which is why im reapplying. I just want to talk this out with an admin and see what i can do and i am desperate to join this community as you can see after waiting months and months and putting in effort into this ban appeal, so if i can just talk this out with an admin and get some common understanding of my efforts that would be appreciated.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

I want to achieve a understanding of my last appeal and hopefully to further carry on this appeal and talk to an admin about the misunderstanding and hopefully, after my desperation and determination, be able to rejoin the DayZRP community.

What could you have done better?:

I could of done many things better, a year ago i could of understood the admins word is the admins word and not to be cocky or give out any attitude which is understandable. I could of also perhaps not made separate accounts which werent used to cheat the ban or bypass it but to just see if i could rejoin which were unnecessary and wasted time. And last week i could of communicated myself better and got more understanding from the admin.

Personally, i am sorry to any inconvinence i have caused from my acts prior to my recent appeal as it was unnecessary and childish. But from this, my desperation to be able to play this and my effort i put into this appeal shows my desperation to rejoin and just be understood of what happened.

Before i get a reply, understand that the attitude given then was because of the errors i had, and i didnt create the accounts to cheat the ban, is there any way i can talk to an admin at all? And understand my determination to rejoin this community

Before i get a reply, understand that the attitude given then was because of the errors i had, and i didnt create the accounts to cheat the ban, is there any way i can talk to an admin at all? And understand my determination to rejoin this community

Please don't bother with another ban appeal. Your last one was declined and you only get one chance for an appeal. This is now the 4th account you have created to try to get onto our servers. Please stop wasting staff's time with this silly behavior. If you keep creating more accounts, we will find them and ban them as well.

Appeal Denied.