Sign in to follow this  
Pydrex

Perm banned appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

N/A

Why the verdict is not fair:

A perm ban for that is stupid

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

First time on the server streaming and probably got a fair few members to sign up on the site, I find a guy up in a city and I group up with him because he informs me that he has a secret loot spot with lots of gear is. I say to my stream maybe we will have to taze him and take all of this loot. So jump ahead outside elektro this guy shows me some loot and tells me that he has some ammo for a repeater (which i have on my back), He refuses to trade weapons also he doesn't have a mic so he is typing everything so I take the opportunity to taze him, I take the ammo and run out of the house locking the door. The guy gets up gets through the door and starts opening fire on me we have a gun fight and i win then an admin bans me.

Now i am not sure if the admin was watching the stream or was the player in question, When I challenged the ban saying how is that bad RP all of the admins i believe "Bella" and somebody else maybe connor on twitch start flaming in the chat about fail rp and they get banned by my mods.

Maybe this is wrong but it was very hard to interract with someone who doesn't speak and is typing everything. I am sure having a working mic is a requirement to join so why is he even allowed to play without it?

No admins warned me or spoke to me on teamspeak just straight up permed from something i was streaming. (A normal player would be fine as they're not broadcasting to the world)

I think the mod is cool and it is extremely sad if admins are going to watch streamers to jump as the first chance to ban them, Even my friend PsiSyndicate has had this problem being banned already and now being unbanned due to admins picking out every mistake.

The player in question was never harmed just tazed on the floor in safety of a house i left him with a gun etc and that is what he decided to open fire with.

First time on the server streaming and probably got a fair few members to sign up on the site

This will have no relevance to the outcome of this appeal.

Now i am not sure if the admin was watching the stream or was the player in question, When I challenged the ban saying how is that bad RP all of the admins i believe "Bella" and somebody else maybe connor on twitch start flaming in the chat about fail rp and they get banned by my mods.

No-one speaking on your stream was an admin, that being said neither way anyone flaming. They were attempting to explain the reasoning for your ban, however as you stated they had their privileges removed.

Maybe this is wrong but it was very hard to interract with someone who doesn't speak and is typing everything. I am sure having a working mic is a requirement to join so why is he even allowed to play without it?

You used this as a justification for your actions within your stream as well. I can assure you this is not a sufficiently good reason for your actions. There are some who prefer to use text RP. You must do your best to work within such confines, this does not give a justification to taze or otherwise kill another person.

We have several problems with what you displayed.

1. Previous to this incident you tazed and hatcheted another player without a good reason or RPing it out. Killing another player should be the last consideration and should be role-played out with a fantastic justification.

2. As for the incident in question. You did in fact follow someone who was offering you free items. You decided it was a smart idea to taze them, rob them and leave them with no RP.

That situations was bad RP. Or perhaps a better description is a complete lack of RP. It is obvious from your stream that you have a very different mindset. Your concerns were quite clearly focused around gear only and RP was a secondary concern.

The next problem with the situation is that you decide after the person you robbed shoots his way out of the room it would be appropriate to hunt him down and kill him. Even if I was to believe that you acted in self defense the entire situation can quite easily be seen to be baiting. You heavily encouraged him into an action that he would not have otherwise have taken and used that fact to kill him. This is why you must be able to control the situation and RP it out. Otherwise you end up not being fair to the person you were robbing.

3. As for the mention of Nazi admins, this certainly did not help your case. If rules are broken on our server you do not get a slap on the wrist you will be banned and the severity of the rule break will determine for how long.

Finally, the situation aside you attitude was found to be lacking. I will guess that most of it was to put on a show for your subscribers but it does portray an attitude that we will not tolerate from people.

A normal player would receive the same, admittedly it would probably take longer as the situation would not be readily apparent to the staff team. But once the evidence was in they would receive the same punishment.

Finally if we were to let you back in the community we would need to know you understand our concerns and intend to not repeat these actions. You completely missed out the last section of the ban appeal template "what could you have done better". If you truly believe you could have done nothing better then you make it very difficult to justify shortening your ban.

I understand your concerns, I just thought it was a harsh punishment for the events. Nobody had spoken to me or told me do not do it that way which would have been a better way to deal with it. Even if you kicked/banned me from the server telling to me to speak with an admin/mod at the time.

I understand these actions may have been harsh towards other players in the game and i would like to have another opportunity to play.

I also understand if I stream it then I am setting an example for new players to come across, Saying that I played like how I have seen many streamers play and interacting with someone who is typing out every word is difficult and poses an easy target in the sense he is standing still every time you say something.

Please take this an apology of my actions and in future I will make sure to state my intentions before engaging in activity.

Verdict

Appeal Accepted.

Explanation

Your attitude has left a great deal to be desired. Both in game while streaming and in this appeal. You have to realise that we take the fact that this is an RP server very seriously. You will be removed if you do not adhere to our rules and if you do not show a desire to actually role play.

You need to consider role play first and foremost. This does not mean you cannot rob people, but when and if you do you must provide them with good role play. They are entitled to receive enjoyment from the situation, they receive enjoyment by being apart of an interesting situation created by the interactions you have with them. Robbing someone and leaving them with no roleplay is poor form and will get you removed if it happens again.

Finally calling server staff "nazi admins" is immature and inappropriate. I would expect you to know exactly how much work goes into creating and maintaining and enjoyable server for everyone.

We expect and demand better going forward. You will have a week off from our servers to consider this situation.

Outcome

20 warning points + 7 days ban.